Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    EzRocker has been updated for the Treo 680.

EzRocker lets you turn the 5-way rocker into a virtual mouse: you can put the cursor anywhere on the Treo's screen and click. In my humble opinion, EzRocker is the single most useful utility for the Treo. It lets you use your Treo completely one-handed -- and easily.

EzRocker can be found here: http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...&prodID=112649
    Im using it now too. It's a keeper on my treo. It really allows me to work stylus-less and one-handed operation.
    Wow.... Really? If you're using a hard case, sure, sounds good. Otherwise....... really?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    When I discovered that EzRocker didn't work on the Treo 680 (till the update), I was ready to return my 680 to Palm. I had gone as far as getting an RMA number.

For the past year I've used my Treo 650 completely stylus free. I can do everything --run all my apps, even those that don't use the 5-way rocker-- with one hand. Sometimes navigating around the screen with the virtual mouse is even faster than using the 5-way rocker in the traditional way.

I use a Piel Frama case: I just flip it open and do what I need to do, all with one hand.

I can't say enough good things about EzRocker. This is the kind of function that should have been built into the Palm OS.
    I'm giving it a chance... It's interesting.. Might come in handy. It feels a little weird, but I think that's because a mouse with Palm seems odd.

Notice that the Magnetic settings don't work too well with some apps.. Do you typically use that yourself?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I've actually never tried the magnetic settings on EzRocker. I like the "fluid" motion of the cursor.

After a few days or weeks of using EzRocker it will seem like a natural Treo function. I now turn the virtual mouse on and off with hardly any thought.

Without EzRocker Opera Mini would be a pain to use, since it hardly makes any use of the 5-way rocker.
    I'm not sure this is a stylus killer. I get more frustrated trying to use the 5 way to mouse around the screen than just using the stylus. Especially because you can only move up down left right. No diagonal direction. I guess for those with a case that covers the screen this would be useful.
    You can go diagonally, at least on the 650.. I haven't messed with it much, but I'm giving it a try.
    I don't think I've used my stylus, except for a couple of games, in months. Between the 5-way, and occasional taps on the screen, I get along fine without any extra software.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Sound worth a try !
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I don't think I've used my stylus, except for a couple of games, in months. Between the 5-way, and occasional taps on the screen, I get along fine without any extra software.
    yeah, I typically use my thumb.. So far the SW works fine.. But not really that useful for me personally.
    I thought having a touch screen is a big advantage. Why would I want to get software eliminating that?

I've now had my phone for a week, and I've taken the stylus out 2 times. I use my finger on the screen for most things. I got a nice screen protector and it doesn't show fingerprints. Anyway, the only times I have found the need to actually touch the screen is sometimes when web browsing (if I'm using the desktop view as opposed to the squeezed treo-optimized view), and to tap on the battery icon to get an exact reading. Other than that, I haven't had a need to ever touch the screen for anything.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Nice concept but did not work on my 700p. Whenever I hit my home button to launch Initiate my Treo crashes and resets.

One thing that would be nice to add is a toggle on or off from within any application.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
    Nice concept but did not work on my 700p. Whenever I hit my home button to launch Initiate my Treo crashes and resets.

One thing that would be nice to add is a toggle on or off from within any application.
    You can have it disabled in various programs.. It's in the menus I think inside of the EzRocker application.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    khaytsus, I saw that but for some programs it works in some sections and not in others. Example: in Goodlink it's good for navigating and reading emails but not good when writing an email. So be be able to toggle back and forth would be a nice addition. Anyone else have an issue with crashing?
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Um, toggling back and forth between normal 5-way and the cursor? Hold the center button?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Reboots my 680 Nice idea though.
    Crimson™Waiting for Battery Fixes to buy again...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    This app is incredible!! I'm suprized it has not gotten more attention. I just wish the activation could be mapped to another button besides the center.
    The control it gives reminds me of the little "nub" that laptops used to have to control the cursor.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Um, toggling back and forth between normal 5-way and the cursor? Hold the center button?
    Well, that's good to know. I thought that only worked within the EZRocker program to enable, disable it.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p