1.    #1  
    Hey, gang.

Volume on my 680 continues to be..um..NOT SO GOOD. (Speakerphone is actually BETTER than earpiece. Ugh. What a POS as a phone. [PDA: rocks. Phone: !rocks]).

Anyone successfully using VolumeCare on the 680 yet? I know it's (apparently) supported now.

Did a search, and all I found is people saying they couldn't get it to work yet. Didn't see anyone actually using it and saying it helped.

Wonder if I exchanged this 680 (bought on Black Friday, so maybe it was pre-stable times) for a "new" one if my earpiece volume would increase any. Still in the 30 day window..

TIA..

- PB
    I was having problems with the first one. I took it back after a week and got a replacement. Once I did that, it has been flawless.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    I was having problems with the first one. I took it back after a week and got a replacement. Once I did that, it has been flawless.
    Ditto...5 days with Unit #1 - Excahnged for #2 and now on day #17 and going strong w/no issues at all.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I've been using VolumeCare v.5.56 (the newest version, updated after the 680 came out) for over a week and it's working great -- the 680 speakers handle it a lot better than the 650 speakers did, too.
    For me it seems that the 680 is fine without it. VC seems to make hearing worse.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    the updated volume care works for me. i could not get enough volume with my 680 without installing it.
    morris stalk
    Is there a way to tell if the units we have are part of the first batch that got delayed due to manufacturing issues? Maybe the serial number might give us a clue?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Updated version of VC works fine. But to be honest, I've disabled it. Phone volume works fine without it.
    I installed VolumeCare on two separate occasions. Both times, people complained that they are receiving static and even the dreaded echo. So, I deleted it and it's working just fine without it.
    VolumeCare is providing an extra 10 decibels to the Treo 680 volume in both the handset and the speakerphone.

The echo issue dbulante experienced is common if you have the MIC volume adjusted too high. This happens on all Treo's and is easy to adjust in VolumeCare.

Jeff
    i found the volume to be fine without vc