Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Life is short. And so is the 680's battery life. BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG.......deal. It's still the best device I've ever owned.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
    Life is short. And so is the 680's battery life. BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG.......deal. It's still the best device I've ever owned.
    Do you by any chance work for Palm?

    A staff lawyer, by chance?
  3.    #3  
    Newp. Got some news today in my personal life that put this situation in perspective.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
    Newp. Got some news today in my personal life that put this situation in perspective.
    Well, I hope it was "good" news vs. the other kind.

    Perspective is indeed a healthy thing. But that doesn't change the fact that Palm should have NEVER released a device with these many problems. (Can you say "bad management", children? I thoughtcha could..)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    Well, I hope it was "good" news vs. the other kind.
    I wish it was.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
    It's still the best device I've ever owned.
    I've never complained in the 1st place because I already knew battery life wasn't going to be all that with only a 1200mAH battery but I do agree, it's the best device I've owned so far and trust me, I've owned many this year and still currently own the ones in my signature
  7.    #7  
    My devices from the beginning:

    IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, 665 m130, T3, 680
  8. #8  
    With my battery issues settling down now, I have time to think about all the positives ... great form factor, much better keyboard than the 650, significantly better colour response (just take a look at the colour picker to see what I mean), beautiful crimson colour, compatibility with all of my accessories (well, except my spare battery) and legacy apps, plentiful memory, .... ahhhhh ... lovin it.
  9. #9  
    I have had NO problems with my 680...in fact I may NOT get the 750 now when and if it ever comes out...My battery problem has got tons better and now I dont worry about it at all. Chattermail is AWESOME....WAY TO GO PALM!
  10. #10  
    Kudos to Pighood - I'm happy with my 680 too. I am a light caller but heavy data user for email. I listen to long audio books on my commute for abouy 90 mins a day. I don't use Bluetooth. I feel like 650 was exceptionally good on battery but 680 is on par with other smartphones - it works for me.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT. View Post
    I've never complained in the 1st place because I already knew battery life wasn't going to be all that with only a 1200mAH battery but I do agree, it's the best device I've owned so far and trust me, I've owned many this year and still currently own the ones in my signature
    Well said ...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    Well, I hope it was "good" news vs. the other kind.

    Perspective is indeed a healthy thing. But that doesn't change the fact that Palm should have NEVER released a device with these many problems. (Can you say "bad management", children? I thoughtcha could..)
    What are all the problems you are having with your deivce that Palm should have never released this device?? Other than battery life, mine is perfect!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    What are all the problems you are having with your deivce that Palm should have never released this device?? Other than battery life, mine is perfect!
    Volume and radio reception are WEAK. Sometimes, the 680 is no better than a piece of string between two tin cans audio-wise.

    Yet, I don't think it's a speaker problem, as ringtones are LOUD. But earpiece - wow. You need Steve Austin hearing to pick up on what the other party is saying if you're in a car with ANY road noise.

    I may have to take this one back and go through the dreaded exchange process. Earpiece volume is HORRIBLE.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    You need Steve Austin hearing to pick up on what the other party is saying if you're in a car with ANY road noise.
    Steve Austin had two bionic legs, one bionic arm and one bionic eye. His hearing was no better than yours. You must be thinking of the bionic woman, Jamie Sommers...

    I can't believe I still remember this s**t.

    Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    Volume and radio reception are WEAK. Sometimes, the 680 is no better than a piece of string between two tin cans audio-wise.

    Yet, I don't think it's a speaker problem, as ringtones are LOUD. But earpiece - wow. You need Steve Austin hearing to pick up on what the other party is saying if you're in a car with ANY road noise.

    I may have to take this one back and go through the dreaded exchange process. Earpiece volume is HORRIBLE.

    I exchanged my first unit after 5 days after having phone issues. The exchage process with Cingular was virtually painless and I have had zero probelms since!! Have you considered that you may actually END your frustrations by doing this? You seem to be having quite a number of issues, which is out of the norm, so it might be best to exchange it for a new unit.
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  16. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    #16  
    As others have posted, it gets better. I've had Toccer on all day, and had 70% left after a full day at work, emailing, phone, web, etc.

    Bye.

Posting Permissions