1.    #1  
    I've never had a phone before with such a complete Contacts database, but I figured I would use this field to fill in birthdays for some of my family and friends. I noticed that in addition to asking for the date, it asks for the year. Here's my question: Do you put the current year, or is this meant to put the actual date and year that the person was born. And if you put the year they were born, does it still give you the reminder 7 days before their birthday every year?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    It's supposed to be the year of the actual birth date, not the current year. And yes, it still gives you the reminder.

* Sorry, I should have added that the year doesn't really matter, but for your own benefit you should put the actual birth date year in there, so you can figure out how old the person is.
    Last edited by vebix; 12/13/2006 at 03:47 PM.
    Try this: Go to enter a birthday, tap on the tips (i) icon on the top right corner of the menu and read the first bullet point. Nothing beats the horses mouth.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz View Post
    Try this: Go to enter a birthday, tap on the tips (i) icon on the top right corner of the menu and read the first bullet point. Nothing beats the horses mouth.
    Wow. I didn't know the "i" icon was something you could tap on to get tips. I thought it was just there for decoration (really, I never noticed it). I guess there's still lots of stuff for me to learn. Maybe I should spend the $20 and buy that tips book they are selling for the 680.