Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I don't have my Treo with me at the moment but I can't recall if I can remap the side button (mapped to the voice recorder by default) so that I can answer a call.

    I'm planning on purchasing a case with a flip lid and would like to answer the phone by pressing that button instead of flipping the lid open and pressing the center button.

    Is there an application that allows for this?

    Thanks,
    Jeff
  2. #2  
    Built in preferences would allow you to assign the button to "phone," wouldn't that work?
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  3. haroldo's Avatar
    Posts
    435 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #3  
    A BlueTooth headset could answer the phone for you by pressing the ear piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Built in preferences would allow you to assign the button to "phone," wouldn't that work?
    I believe that would allow you to switch to the PHONE application, but not necessarily answer the phone.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffeynboo View Post
    I don't have my Treo with me at the moment . . .

    Whaddya mean you don't have it with you? Either I'm at home, and my Treo is there. Or I'm out, and my Treo is with me. You only carry it sometimes?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Whaddya mean you don't have it with you? Either I'm at home, and my Treo is there. Or I'm out, and my Treo is with me. You only carry it sometimes?
    Hi jaharr,

    The reason why I don't always have my Treo with me is because we are not allowed to bring camera phones to work... one of the consequences for working in the aerospace industry.
  6. #6  
    I've found that the side button doesn't turn on the treo, like the other 4 hard buttons do. I was getting interested in Treo Voice Dialing until I realized that instead of just holding in the side button and launching the voice dialer, I'd have to press a hard button, press the center button to turn off the screen lock, and then press the side button. Not worth the money for all that effort. It's sad, because the voice recognition is pretty good.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffeynboo View Post
    Hi jaharr,

    The reason why I don't always have my Treo with me is because we are not allowed to bring camera phones to work... one of the consequences for working in the aerospace industry.
    Now THAT was a great answer.

Posting Permissions