Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    So I got my new Sprint 700p yesterday and after uninstalling everything from my 650 I installed the new Palm desktop without a problem. I then tried to install Docs to Go and i get an Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\installer\Documents To Go.msi.

Accoriding to their website, Dataviz does not support the version packaged with the 700p since it is version 8 and they are up to version 9. Has anyone had this problem and is it fixable? I feel like I have an incomplete device and I used Docs to Go daily on my 650.

HELP!

BTW: When I click OK on the error box it just shuts down the installer.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I solved my own problem. Boy the dataviz website is not very helpful but I finally found the solution and it seems to have worked.

http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13335&pid=2000
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    They really want you to go up to Release 9 and frankly it should be Release 7.2 or something like that.

Ben
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Is release 9 worth the $30 pgrade charge?
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    No. From 7 to 8 almost. Ben
    I dont think so, 8.0 is fine for me - I find it even better/quicker to open files - go figure
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I use 8 a few times a week and it works fine. The cost they are wanting for the increase is out of line for what improvements they are offering. They claimed in an email that it did justify the upgrade cost. Ben