Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Hey folks,

Long time Palm user, but relative newbie (3 weeks) to OS5 and Treo.

Wow! have things changed since my OS4 device. Here's my question: For the first time I have about five different numbers for five different people for one organization. In the past, I didn't have any choice (and only had one or two contacts anyway) so I listed one as "Work"/"Main" and the other as "Other". How do you all, using the regular contacts/phone ap, catagorize these types of entries? Do you set up a different contact for each person and just enter the company name in the appropriate slot, or is there a trick I am missing?

I'd like to be able to type the company name and get all the people/departments listed so I can pick the one I need. Seems like there is no easy solution to this without going third party (which I cannot do for other reasons). Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    Hey folks,

Long time Palm user, but relative newbie (3 weeks) to OS5 and Treo.

Wow! have things changed since my OS4 device. Here's my question: For the first time I have about five different numbers for five different people for one organization. In the past, I didn't have any choice (and only had one or two contacts anyway) so I listed one as "Work"/"Main" and the other as "Other". How do you all, using the regular contacts/phone ap, catagorize these types of entries? Do you set up a different contact for each person and just enter the company name in the appropriate slot, or is there a trick I am missing?

I'd like to be able to type the company name and get all the people/departments listed so I can pick the one I need. Seems like there is no easy solution to this without going third party (which I cannot do for other reasons). Help?
    You can do it since 650. There is a field "work" you can put in the comapny name. And on the display option there is one to sort by company and the name. So all people from same company can be list together. However there is no quick way to "search by company".