1.    #1  
    I am having an interesting problem. When I turn on my Motorola HS850 Bluetooth headset, the Treo briefly comes on, I see the headset icon at top left, then it times out and turns off.
    After that, when I turn off the headset, the Treo does not visibly react. If I receive a call after turning off the headset, the treo rings, I answer, and I can't hear the other party (and they can't hear me). I look at the screen and notice that I have the option to cancel bluetooth. I cancel it and can speak normally thereafter.
    So bottom line, the Treo thinks it's still connected to the headset. I initially thought keyguard might be a factor, but it does the same thing with keyguard disabled.

Has anyone else noticed this? Do I have some sort of software conflict going on?

Thanks,
    -Heath
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i see the same thing. at first, i thought it was only related to the bluetooth system in my car, but it's been happening with my bluetooth headset as well ( a sony hbh-662). i'm learning to hit "cancel bluetooth" on the first call i make/receive right after i disconnect from my headset, but it's a bit annoying - i've never had to do that with any other phone i've had...
    I have the same issue in the car too. I thought it was the car; now I realize its the device. Only way to get it to stop is to hit "cancel bluetooth" on the next call. :-(
    This does not happen with my Plantronics voyager 510.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz View Post
    I have the same issue in the car too. I thought it was the car; now I realize its the device. Only way to get it to stop is to hit "cancel bluetooth" on the next call. :-(
    Ditto!
    Clie -> Treo 270 unlocked -> Treo 600 unlocked -> Treo 650 unlocked -> Treo 680 Crimson + Graphite (can you hold on, the other line is ringing...)
    Just spoke with the very helpful people at Palm They are aware of the issue and it will be addressed in an upcoming s/w update, the date for which is unknown. Until then, I guess we live with it.
    I guess it's not that bad. Just have to remember to tap "cancel blutooth" as soon as you get the next call.
  8.    #8  
    I think I found my solution! (at least short-term) I noticed that in Prefs/Hands-Free, you can deslect 'Always route call to Hands-Free'. While that does disable hands-free auto-answer, you can still answer an incoming call on bluetooth headset by pressing the headset button. Or, if you prefer, you can press the answer button on the phone and use the phone's mic/speaker to talk.

Result is, even if the phone thinks it's still connected, it doesn't matter as it only sends the call to the headset if you answer with the headset button.

I think it is a compromise I can live with - I wasn't using auto-answer anyway.

I hope this helps others who have read this thread...

-Heath
    I am having a similar problem.

The BT stack is getting confused. I set the BT program up the exact same way with my 650 and with the exact same two devices. I have a UConnect Handsfree in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a Motorola BT headset.

I have had NUMEROUS calls where I get no response from either BT device, an error message saying that I cannot connect to the BT device because the phone is still connected to the "Jeep" (even though I am nowhere near the car), and calls where the BT picks up even when I am not in the car and do not have the headset around???

With all of the BT problems on the board, it makes me wonder if this is not a piece of the battery problem?
    I'm using the 680 with a H700 BT phone. This BT headset allows you to power it off when folding the 'boom' (microphone). So basically my BT headset is always off until I physically open it. However, occasional incoming calls (10%) route to my headset even though it is powered-off??? Is it psychic and knows that I have a BT headset (that is powered down)?

Sounds like 680 bug.
  11.    #11  
    Zuckoids, that pretty much sounds like my situation. Turning off the 'Always route call to hands-free' (see above) should work for you, too. You can still use the BT, you just have to answer manually (by pressing the button). I have not discovered any downside to this - although I admit I have not had time to experiement much since I did that. I usually only use the BT in the car.

-Heath
    Same problem here. I thought I was the only one.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I am holding off on updating my Cingular Treo 680 till I can find out about reinstalling Good software after the upgrade.

But has anyone noticed if the update addressed this problem where you can't answer the 2nd call on your BT headset (I have a Moto HS850) and unless I cancel the BT connection after the first call I receive using it and then manually answer incoming calls after that I can't use the headset.
    My HS850 works fine. I have bt set to visible, always route to handsfree, auto answer off and name cache off.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    I am having an interesting problem. When I turn on my Motorola HS850 Bluetooth headset, the Treo briefly comes on, I see the headset icon at top left, then it times out and turns off.
    After that, when I turn off the headset, the Treo does not visibly react. If I receive a call after turning off the headset, the treo rings, I answer, and I can't hear the other party (and they can't hear me). I look at the screen and notice that I have the option to cancel bluetooth. I cancel it and can speak normally thereafter.
    So bottom line, the Treo thinks it's still connected to the headset. I initially thought keyguard might be a factor, but it does the same thing with keyguard disabled.

Has anyone else noticed this? Do I have some sort of software conflict going on?

Thanks,
    -Heath

I have the latest update and STILL have this problem....v1.09

Has PALM SERIOUSLY still not fixed this!?!

anyone?
    They have seriously not fixed this.

It's pretty pathetic how little the treo has improved since the introduction of the 600. Palm is losing the smartphone market due to their inability to make any major improvements to the treo.