Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    OK, thanks, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying there was a way to just assingn a ringtone to a catagory alone, and it would ring for anyone in that catagory.
    Like just assigning a special ringtone to "business" catagory, then anyone who was filed in that catagory would ring with that assigned ringtone.
    That would be a nice option!
    LightwavPro 2 (get the latest beta here: http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to...html#msg387424 or read more about the program here: http://www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html) will do this, for any category of contacts, and of course it allows you to assign different MP3s to any number of individuals, and there are Do Not Disturb and caller blocking options, plus you can assign full-screen picture IDs or GIFs that appear when you get a call. I love this program -- it's one of my must-have apps.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    LightwavPro 2 (get the latest beta here: http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to...html#msg387424 or read more about the program here: http://www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html) will do this, for any category of contacts, and of course it allows you to assign different MP3s to any number of individuals, and there are Do Not Disturb and caller blocking options, plus you can assign full-screen picture IDs or GIFs that appear when you get a call. I love this program -- it's one of my must-have apps.
    Sweet software, I think I'm going to look into that one. Have you had any problems with it at all? I thought I read somewhere that it might have a few bugs.
    I love the program that lets you set the special ringtone / volume for just during work hours. I need that one, the ringtone I normally use is pretty loud & annoying, really "wakes up" everyone in the office when it goes off. LOL
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    Sweet software, I think I'm going to look into that one. Have you had any problems with it at all? I thought I read somewhere that it might have a few bugs.
    I love the program that lets you set the special ringtone / volume for just during work hours. I need that one, the ringtone I normally use is pretty loud & annoying, really "wakes up" everyone in the office when it goes off. LOL
    I have had a problem here and there with earlier versions of the beta, which I reported to the developer (as others did when they found a glitch with certain aspects of the functionality) and he has been very responsive with fixes, or with explanations concerning how to make certain functions work.

    Still, I understand that there are folks who can't make it work the way they want it to with their particular phones. I'll just say that it works great for me, does almost (I'm still hoping Danny, the developer, will put in a function to set the END position of an MP3 ringtone -- he's already got a function to set where you want your MP3 ringtone to start) everything I want it to and some things I wouldn't even have thought of.

    I love the profiles ability, too, and have a profile set to turn down the volume during my office hours, as well.
  4. #24  
    that is an option. p59 of the manual says
    TIP You can assign a ringtone to an entire
    category of contacts. For example, use a
    special ringtone for categories such as Family,
    Work, or Golf Buddies. Select the category
    pick list in the upper-left corner and select Edit
    Categories. Select the category, and then
    select Edit. Select the ringtone on the Edit
    Category screen.
  5. #25  
    jahmusic, thanks, I would have never found that in the manual!
  6. #26  
    Can you load mp3s or wavs directly on the 680 or do you need an SD card like with the 650?
  7. #27  
    Do you know or know who to ask:
    Is there any freeware/software available out there for a treo 680/650 that allows mp3/songs to be created to use as ring-tones? I read what was written about using the midi, or the voice recorder to do this. I am wondering if anything has come out since you guys wrote that?
    I am looking to buy a treo 680 or blackjack and I am trying to sort through the pros and cons of each. I really like the Treo 680, but I've been told I can't create ringtones and that if I don't buy the data pkg that it won't work as well.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstchng View Post
    Do you know or know who to ask:
    Is there any freeware/software available out there for a treo 680/650 that allows mp3/songs to be created to use as ring-tones? I read what was written about using the midi, or the voice recorder to do this. I am wondering if anything has come out since you guys wrote that?
    I am looking to buy a treo 680 or blackjack and I am trying to sort through the pros and cons of each. I really like the Treo 680, but I've been told I can't create ringtones and that if I don't buy the data pkg that it won't work as well.
    Search for a program called MiniTones.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by alohafriday View Post
    OK, I *HAD* to have new ringtones so I installed Minitones. Worked like a charm. Even clipped a couple of files.

    I don't mind the ROM loss as I am used to being frugal with my old 600. My question: how do you delete files that you get tired of? I did a quick check through Zlauncher's file viewer and could not see them. Am I missing something or did I just permanently commit to having Freek-a-leek as a ringer choice ? As always, thanks for the assist gang.



    Follow up: Never mind, you can find them with a TON prefix using the file viewer. Phew.
    Actually if you tap on manage while in the Sounds and Alerts, it brings up a list of all the ringtones. Select the one you want to delete and tap on details and you'll see the option to delete.
    ___________________________
    Regards,
    Jag


    My PDA History (In Order):
    Sharp ZQ-190P, Palm 105, 125, Handpring Treo 180, Dell Axim X5, Zire 72, Palm Treo 600, BlackBerry 7250, Treo 650 & *680*
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions