Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have your read your manual yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Have you applied a screen protector?

Has part of it slipped under the frame of the Treo?
    This could cause the screen to think it is being touched -- and it will not respond to a new touch.

Try removing it. Or, if no screen protector, check for dirt or paper between the screen and frame -- take a stiff piece of paper around and under the frame around the screen -- no more than 1/8th of inch to see if you can find something stuck and pressing on the screen. . . . . . .

Is there a key that is stuck in the down position? This will also "disable" the screen.

Cheers, Perry.
    good to know. thanks Perry!
    Once you install the desktop, a Hotsync manager icon should appear in your icon tray in the bottom right of your computer screen next to the time display. If you click on that, you can adjust what sychronizations will be processed.

But why not just let the default settings back up all your of your information. . . . . contacts, tasks, appointments and memos, as well as, any 3rd party apps that you install?

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #24  
    ya I knew how to do that. I was just wondering how to put them back onto my phone?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r View Post
    ya I knew how to do that. I was just wondering how to put them back onto my phone?
    If you have the Palm Desktop software on your computer and if you have the contacts already in Outlook, it should only be a matter of just connected your 680 and performing a hot sync (or am I missing something).
    Quote Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r View Post
    so i did the hard reset but my touch screen WILL NOT WORK!!
    Mine either. I got mine today and it kept frezzing up so I soft reset it several times and hard resets to. The touch screen is still froze on the tap target screen. So far compared to my 650 I am NOT impressed! If you all figure it out please let me know. Guess it's a call to palm tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Have you applied a screen protector?

Has part of it slipped under the frame of the Treo?
    This could cause the screen to think it is being touched -- and it will not respond to a new touch.

Try removing it. Or, if no screen protector, check for dirt or paper between the screen and frame -- take a stiff piece of paper around and under the frame around the screen -- no more than 1/8th of inch to see if you can find something stuck and pressing on the screen. . . . . . .

Is there a key that is stuck in the down position? This will also "disable" the screen.

Cheers, Perry.
    YOUR A GENIOUS! I took the screen protector of and WALAH! I have touch screen again. You restored my frustrated faith in the 680...thanks alot...
    that oem screen protector will get you every time! thank God for Perry's help on this caper. could you imagine the number of potential returns if not? why it pays off to read as many posts as you can.

phew!
    Quote Originally Posted by FREEDOMROSE View Post
    YOUR A GENIOUS! I took the screen protector of and WALAH! I have touch screen again. You restored my frustrated faith in the 680...thanks alot...

The forum is!

I'm just passing along what I have read and learned here. . . . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    *makes note to self - do NOT use OEM screen protector!*
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12