Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Just read this in engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/12/v...unches-friday/

Does the 700p support Rev. A?
    The article says, "customers lucky enough to get their hands on the requisite equipment..." I seriously doubt that the 700p is such equipment. Come on, when was the last time a Palm Treo was the *first* to incorporate a new technology like this?

Overall, I'm fairly happy with the EVDO speeds I get, but of course faster would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    Just read this in engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/12/v...unches-friday/

Does the 700p support Rev. A?
    Search next time
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Search next time
    gee thanks . made the post more to just let people know that Rev. A was coming, but as a bonus I also wasn't sure about A + the 700 so I thought I'd ask...

going to search now, just for you
    Um, Rev.A has been here for months.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    it is old news... if you don't visit this forum once a day. anyway 700p does not support it. I believe it only improves upload if memory serves me right..
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    yeah the big increase is in up speeds with a slight increase in down speeds.
    actually the big improvement is supposed to be the ability to use data & talk on the phone at the same time, is it not?
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    actually the big improvement is supposed to be the ability to use data & talk on the phone at the same time, is it not?
    I think only if you are using a VOIP app on your phone

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I do not believe there are currently any cell phones in the market that can take advantage of Rev A - only the laptop cards can.