1.    #1  
    hi guys,

im just a new treo 650 user but i was surprised that I can't get my MP3 on my SD card use as a ringtone. can anyone help me on this?

thanks!
    You need a 3rd party app for this...mRing, Ringo, Lightwav, Minitones, etc..

Welcome to TC!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    thanks, scottymomo! that was quick! which of them is highly recommended and tested to work fine with treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bononoy View Post
    thanks, scottymomo! that was quick! which of them is highly recommended and tested to work fine with treo 650?
    minitones is a very simple program, it works great on a 650 and its free.
  5.    #5  
    thanks, dude! appreciate it!
    got the website for minitones? how do I download it into my 680???
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...2&d=1153914589

Install it like any other program.
    One of the features if minitones is to be able to select anypart of the songs for ring tone. I've already downloaded the mi nitones but unable to find this feature.
    Select mp3 from the list
    press [Add Selected]
    press [Trim]
    click and drag start time and end time to the appropriate spots, or
    use + and - to position start and end of the section
    play as necessary to preview
    press [Add] to add edited song section to your ringtones.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    You'll find Ringo to be very buggy these days. MiniTones had proved a very good replacement, although not as featured, it's free and that always trumps features!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Has anyone had this issue?....I loaded minitones and it seems to function right up to the point that I say "add". at this point it reboots my 650 and the songs do not show up in my sounds.
    Not sure if this is your problem, but apparently minitones doesn't work with variable bit rate mp3s. Make sure your mp3s have a fixed bit rate.
    ok help a dummy out....how do I check the bit rate of a MP3 file?
    I checked it on my PC through My Music and right clicked the song and Clicked Properties. Right there easy to find for me.
    (I had the same question and tried that this morning.)
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310