1.    #1  
    Are many other people seeing this problem- go to bed with fully charged 680 (mine is unlocked, TMobile), and wake up and the battery is drained (this morning down to 15%). This is the second time this has happened in a week. Have not done anything differently any night. Woke up around 1 am and noticed that the 680 was turned on....It was not turned on when I picked it up at 7 am and noticed the battery drain.

Is it turning on throughout the night? If so, why doesn' this happen every night?
    I did the reset procedure (aren't sure it did anything or not as I didn't test before I did the procedure) and went to bed at midnite with the phone off the charger and Chatteremail running. It was at 96% when I went to bed and 8 hours later, it was at 41%. This is close to what I am hearing from others...about 8% (or 7.35% in my case) per hour drain when the phone is sitting idle.

It is hard to tell by your post exactly what your "burn rate" is.
    How do you really "turn off" the phone. I don't mean just turn off the "phone mode". Like literally turn it off so that you can't do anything.

If I hold down the power button, the device is still on. I'm sure it wont use as much power...But it's still on nonetheless.
    You can't turn a Treo fully off, unless you remove the battery.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I did the reset procedure (aren't sure it did anything or not as I didn't test before I did the procedure) and went to bed at midnite with the phone off the charger and Chatteremail running. It was at 96% when I went to bed and 8 hours later, it was at 41%. This is close to what I am hearing from others...about 8% (or 7.35% in my case) per hour drain when the phone is sitting idle.

It is hard to tell by your post exactly what your "burn rate" is.
    Having Chatter running and idle don't exactly jive... Chatter has quite a lot of network movement, plus the fact that the network is connected all the time too. If I have my email pulled and verichat online all day on my 650, the battery is 70-75% by the end of the day. If both of those are off, it's around 95%. And it's not that I'm playing or actively using either of them much, perhaps read 3-4 emails and MAYBE 10 messages back and forth to my wife.

So if you really want to gauge it, disable chatter. Of course this doesn't help the real world scenario but don't say it's idle when it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Having Chatter running and idle don't exactly jive... Chatter has quite a lot of network movement, plus the fact that the network is connected all the time too. If I have my email pulled and verichat online all day on my 650, the battery is 70-75% by the end of the day. If both of those are off, it's around 95%. And it's not that I'm playing or actively using either of them much, perhaps read 3-4 emails and MAYBE 10 messages back and forth to my wife.

So if you really want to gauge it, disable chatter. Of course this doesn't help the real world scenario but don't say it's idle when it's not.
    Boy you guys are a tough crowd...and for what...a phone? Geesh.

By idle I was simplifying a bit, sorry. Chatter has three options to improve battery performance and reduce the amount of "chatter" on the network. And of course you cannot literally "turn off" the phone. I simply meant to hit the red button to make the screen turn off and let it lie there.

There are a myriad of ways to test this and mine was hardly scientific but I did at least mention the apps running at the time and the amount of time it sat. For someone else that may have Chatter on all of the time like me I should hope my post was useful to them - obviously it wasn't too useful to you khaytsus.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 12/12/2006 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    How do you really "turn off" the phone. I don't mean just turn off the "phone mode". Like literally turn it off so that you can't do anything.

If I hold down the power button, the device is still on. I'm sure it wont use as much power...But it's still on nonetheless.
    Trying to see where I said I "turned off the phone"? I left it
    "off the charger" - not sure how you arrived at the phone being "turned off".