Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Don't forget www.bestskinsever.com....you can get 3 or 4 sets for the price of the shieldzone and they're the identical material...just a different cut pattern.

This is all I use. Helps to have the Insurance with Sprint. Sure, there'a a deductible, but I've spent less on that than some people spend buying/trying different cases.
    That's a good point, although I wonder how many times I'd have broken my Treo, by this point.

I imagine that's a lot of deductibles over two years plus the inconvenience of switching devices (which wouldn't be such a concern if I hadn't needed to keep returning the first two or three units that I was sold, due to malfunctions).

While the skins won't protect a fall, they at least help with scratches as I prefer the phone naked in my pocket...especially now with the Zoti antenna.
    How's the slide-factor in and out of your pocket?

I've known people to voice concerns over resistance, making it harder to pull the phone out of a pocket, and, less importantly, the accumulation of lint.

Is money an object? Sure...but I can't be bothered with the annoyances of a case for the sake of the "what if" scenarios...

Might as well cover the couch with plastic and put rubber bumpers all around my car while I'm at it too...
    Odd comparisons, but whatever works for you.
    I bought a nice vertical leather case - after I decided that the Covertec case was not my style, after I decided the clip-in holster was not good enough. That $40 leather case is in my briefcase as I type. It is OK, but I found that I did not want to wear the case on my belt most of the time (jeans and t-shirt type of job) and the Treo fit well in my front pocket. I have a screen protector, that's it. I like it nekked too! And, I have insurance.
  3.    #43  
    I "went nekkid" today, too. Kinda trying to expand my tech-horizons.

It's been okay although I don't like not having free use of that left leg pocket. When I want to put something in there I have to wonder how much it'll damage or impede access to my Treo.

I'm going to try it out more in the future, though. Maybe I'll find a nice middle-ground for certain types of situations.
    Slides in and out of pocket with no resistance. Non issue.

As far as lint, after 4/5 months, maybe longer they probably need to be replaced. They fade a bit and over time, a bit of lint can possibly accummulate along some of the edges where it catches some of the adhesive.

Yah, odd comparisons...just things that came to my mind at the moment...but hey, I might as well wear a helmet along with arm and kneepads every day in case I trip and fall too. Anyway, the point being that I'm not going to carry the phone around in a way that interferes with its use or comfort or how I like to use it on a daily basis so I can keep it shiny and new for the next 1-2 years on the off chance that I may drop or damage it.
  5.    #45  
    Yah, odd comparisons...just things that came to my mind at the moment...but hey, I might as well wear a helmet along with arm and kneepads every day in case I trip and fall too. Anyway, the point being that I'm not going to carry the phone around in a way that interferes with its use or comfort or how I like to use it on a daily basis so I can keep it shiny and new for the next 1-2 years on the off chance that I may drop or damage it.
    Again, not trying to change your mind here. I don't own any stock in any Treo hardcase manufacturing companies that I'm aware of.

But, from what I've seen and heard, for a lot of folks there's little "off" about the chances of dropping their mobile phones.

I've got insurance on my car and person, too, but I also wear seatbelts and turn on my lights (to be seen as well as to see). Low-cost precautions can be advantageous.

But, of course, what works for me may not work for you. Until I start paying YOUR bills, I have no intentions of telling you what you should do.

I appreciate you (and everyone) sharing your perspectives with me, though.
    Not trying to change yours either. Your original post asked why anyone wouldn't use a hard case and I'm just offering my reason, which need only be valid for me, although it is shared by many in here too.

The car insurance comparison is a good analogy with my thinking on the Sprint Insurance. Obivously, the car insurance is not going to prevent my car from damage no more than my Sprint Insurance will. Still, I do take the low precaution of waxing it to just like I put the bestskinsever on my phone. But, that's it. I'm not going to deal with putting a car cover on it everywhere I go or putting ugly door/side mouldings on it just like I prefer not to cover my phone or add any other protection.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep it in a case and protect it. But for me, I find it annoying on my belt and it's already "too big" in my pocket and the last thing I want to do is make it bigger. I just find, in the end, that I'm always happiest with it just naked in my pocket.

I should add, that I've considered Seidio rubberized case, but for now, there are too many complaints to purchase one.
  7.    #47  
    Not trying to change yours either. Your original post asked why anyone wouldn't use a hard case and I'm just offering my reason, which need only be valid for me, although it is shared by many in here too.
    I've been going out of my way to make sure you and everyone else knows that your reasons "need only be valid for" you. I'm sorry if it came across any other way.

EDIT: I tried keeping the phone in my pocket, today, but a couple things made that less than ideal. When the phone rang, I accidentally (somehow) answered it just trying to take it out of my pocket. Also, I couldn't tell who was calling without going to more trouble than snapping it off of my beltclip.
    That's why I've been considering one of these:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...-132--1251.htm

That way I could toss in a couple of coins or a pen without any worries...

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I "went nekkid" today, too. Kinda trying to expand my tech-horizons.

It's been okay although I don't like not having free use of that left leg pocket. When I want to put something in there I have to wonder how much it'll damage or impede access to my Treo.

I'm going to try it out more in the future, though. Maybe I'll find a nice middle-ground for certain types of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I used silicone covers then when I ripped and replaced a bunch I gave up. Another vote for naked, carried in my pocket.
    What are you doing to those silicone cases to be ripping them and going through them like that?

Anyway, my vote goes to BSE / IS + Palm Flexi Skin + Palm Leather Horizontal Pouch.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123