Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I live in Northern Virginia and no store within 50 miles carries any color 680 other than the standard silver. I am trying to get an Arctic (white) colored one.
    Any idea when local Cingular stores will start to carry al of the other color options in stock?
    Thanks.
    I dont think other colors will be appearing in Cingular stores anytime soon. You can always buy online and have it shipped to you. (if that's possible that is)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjeagent View Post
    I live in Northern Virginia and no store within 50 miles carries any color 680 other than the standard silver. I am trying to get an Arctic (white) colored one.
    Any idea when local Cingular stores will start to carry al of the other color options in stock?
    Thanks.
    Did you try BWI (may be a little far away, but reachable) Reagan National Airports or Union Station? These locations are probably the closet you get in order to get a hold of a color 680.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm gonna try Union Station.
    Also, I currently am a Cingular customer - have a Blackberry and I am one year into a two year contract. Is my only option to buy an unlocked 680 and put the SIM card in my Blackberry in it. Will this cause any connection (phone or data) with the 680 and will I need to add anything with Cingular?
    Thanks.
    You won't be able to find a colored 680 at a Cingular store; colored ones are unlocked only.

If you have cingular premier, you can upgrade the device only through your company's cingular premier account; or you can call cingular and hope you get a really really nice CSR .

As for when you get your 680, just plop your sim in and you're good to go. Happy hunting!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinewizard View Post
    As for when you get your 680, just plop your sim in and you're good to go. Happy hunting!
    Yeah...this is correct. I'm not sure about the older Cingular SIM cards, but I have a new "3G" SIM card and it has all the setting pre-loaded including SMS, MMS and the Internet APN settings. I didn't have to set anything up.

This is a far cry from the last time I got an unlocked GSM phone (in 2004) when I had to enter all the settings for MMS and the Internet APN.