Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had it for almost a week now and only one crash (not counting the ones that were cause by AOL IM v1.0UK that was incompatible with the 680). I do get lag every once in awhile.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Yes, 680 is more stable, and it could still be better.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Roooock solid here as well. Love this thing. Battery seems to be lasting alot longer with time as well although I will be getting an extended battery when available...
    I started out rock-solid but I started getting resets when an SMS would come through while I was on the phone. As soon as it reset and re-joined the network, the "SMS on your SIM card, do u want to move it to the Treo" message would come up and I would then read the text message. I went and had a new SIM card put in hoping that was the issue but it hasn't really stabilized it. Now I'm seeing a lot of random resets and can't quite determine what is the cause (just heard one from other room!) and will take it to CNG today for a new one.

I'm not sure but wonder if Chatter is having some difficulty with the 680 as it has been a little buggy since the switch from my 650. It's a great app. and I really do prefer it to all the other email apps I've seen. Hope that isn't the problem! Anyone had problems with it?
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Genetic Jack View Post
    I started out rock-solid but I started getting resets when an SMS would come through while I was on the phone. As soon as it reset and re-joined the network, the "SMS on your SIM card, do u want to move it to the Treo" message would come up and I would then read the text message.
    I had something similar happen during a phone call today, but my 680 just stopped responding to all input. I could still hear the call, but couldn't tap, type, end the call from my BT headset. I popped the battery. But in my case the SMS was received to NVFS, so no SIM messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic Jack View Post
    I'm not sure but wonder if Chatter is having some difficulty with the 680 as it has been a little buggy since the switch from my 650. It's a great app. and I really do prefer it to all the other email apps I've seen. Hope that isn't the problem! Anyone had problems with it?
    Are you running one of the later betas? It's on 3.0RC5 now. I highly recommend this for the 680, too, since I'm not sure if the 680 adjustments were included in the last stable release. I can't even remember the last time I actually used a ChatterMail stable release.
    Ok, I have had the 680 since a touch before it was released, I have made it crash, and found that certain tasks make it crash. Honestly speaking, there hasn't been a more stable Treo. And if it were not the issues with BT and cellular and the ikyness of the network library, it would not have an issue crashing (sometimes) when on DUN and a call comes in.

So yea, its stable.

...now mention 3rd party programs; some are better than others.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Does everyone still experience resets after syncing? Is this normal? I thought this wasn't supposed to happen with the 680, but I could be mistaken.
    more stable yes, but bad reception
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I have used palms since the start... way back from the palm plilot days. Every model I've owned (and its a bunch of them) has been better that the last. I'm currently on the 680, and have had NE single reset, and this happened while I was trying to down load an old program via the web blazer.

Is it perfect, or even everything I wanted in a Treo... NO, and battery life is bad... my old 600 would get charged every 2-3 days... my 680 can't make it 24 hours. I don't stream, or surf the web much, and my talk time is about what it was with the 600. Yesterday, I removed the charger at 7 am, by 7 pm I was at 18%. You do the math, because Palm sure can't!

Yea, I am using bluetooh, and versamail now, but battery life is WAY different that what Palm reported.

Kinda crazy to pay $400 for a phone and have pay more $$ to get another battery just to make it through the day.

Make the damn thing a mm bigger and give us a real battery!

Charlie - orginal Palm shareholder!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12