Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I got a new 700p. Gave my 650 to my wife...she actually loved it! But then problems......

Intermittent ( every 1-2 days) "locking" of keys...unresponsive. Followed by reboot. Also increased battery drain (only last 1-2 days versus my 4-5).

I tried new battery
    Hard reset with clean install
    Update Sprint PCS updater
    Removed screen saver

Any other suggestions before I smash it!

Thanks!
    Screen saver!?

Try doing a hard reset and not reinstalling applications.. Unless nothing new has been added to the phone, I would say it's possible the phone has gotten either corrupted software/prefs or perhaps the hardware has gone bad somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by amakh007 View Post
    I got a new 700p. Gave my 650 to my wife...she actually loved it! But then problems......

Intermittent ( every 1-2 days) "locking" of keys...unresponsive. Followed by reboot. Also increased battery drain (only last 1-2 days versus my 4-5).

I tried new battery
    Hard reset with clean install
    Update Sprint PCS updater
    Removed screen saver

Any other suggestions before I smash it!

Thanks!

Do a hard reset.
    Run for a day in this "out of the box state."
    If problems persist = hardware issues, (return or replace or smash)
    If issues stop = software issues. . . . . then
    Clean install ONLY the PIM apps back.
    run for a day
    still okay?
    start adding back 3rd party apps one day at a time via a fresh install -- not from a back up.
    You will either get fully restored w/ no problem or you will find the offending application -- then you can smash that application in your imagination.

Cheers, Perry.

Opps . . . . . .K beat me to the punch with their post -- ya that.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Good ideas....will try the clean install and go for hardware v software determination.

PS...screen saver removal in case it was jamming in between the screen and case causing some problems!