Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    I'm very pleased with my new 680 (with the big exception of the battery life issue – but that’s another thread.)

    I have had trouble though, finding what I consider to be is a suitable case:

    My three criteria for a case is as follows:

    · Full access to screen and keyboard; I don’t want to create a “flip phone” by having to lift something to get to the keyboard or see the screen during a call.

    · “Full” case protection (obviously with my first criteria above, I can’t fully protect the screen and keyboard – but open access takes precedence to me.) By this I mean that the case cover all the sides (I’ll accept a cutout for access to the SD card.) I’ve seen a few attractive cases – that seem almost perfect, like the Sena case (http://www.senacases.com/catalog/PAL...p-1619100.html - Palm sells it too) but the top corners are left exposed. If the unit falls on the base of the unit it’s protected – if it falls on the top – then the top corners are exposed. Of course any holsters I’ve seen so far are out, because the unit is exposed once you lift it out.

    · Must have a belt clip. I don’t want to reach into my pocket all day long to take calls, nor do I want the 680 loose for me to forget on my desk.

    So I’ve ordered and received a silicone “skin” type case from eBay – which meets all the criteria above – but I had an issue with it I hadn’t anticipated: The belt clip (which was one of those generic clips that is separate from the case, is so awkward, that it hangs the 680 out about an inch from my belt; that inch is in addition to the width of the 680 itself. It’s really odd looking – really ultra-geeky - besides it makes it more likely that it will get snagged on something that your brush up against. I see a case here at Treo Central that seems really similar (http://store.treocentral.com/content...4-54--1270.htm )- and it’s interesting that they don’t provide a true side view with the belt clip – my guess is because it has a similar issue.

    Anyone out there have any experience with this?

    Thanks in Advance.
  2. wcarr3's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #2  
    If you an stomach the price, Vaja makes pretty good cases for the 680 at http://www.vajacases.com/images/smar...eo_680_en.html. Great all around quality. I've had mine since I got my 680 and I'm completely satisfied. I guess I better be with as much as you pay for these things.
  3.    #3  
    Looks like the top corners are exposed - so it doesn't meet one of my three criteria. And the price - Wow -$79 - maybe I should add a 4th criteria: Under $50. Makes the Sena case seem like a bargain.

    The Vaja is listed as sold out anyway - at least the all black one with the clip, although it looks like you can order a custom - and it costs the same - just have to wait a coupld of weeks for it.

    Thanks for posting.

    Anyone else have any ideas?
  4. #4  
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn View Post
    What cradle is that, on the second picture?
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
  6. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #6  
    That is a Seidio Cradle. I had no idea it worked with the 680 in a Sena Case! Hmmm... might need one of those cases. Incidently, the Seidio USB charger charges the 680 slim battery just fine.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    That is a Seidio Cradle. I had no idea it worked with the 680 in a Sena Case! Hmmm... might need one of those cases. Incidently, the Seidio USB charger charges the 680 slim battery just fine.
    wow those Vaja cases look awesome...I think I might have to bite the bullet and get a custom pouch when I get my treo.
  8. #8  
    I came across this one doing a google search. It seems like a pretty good case. I like the cases that provide functionality without moving any parts while still protecting the screen.

    http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...39&page=1#tabs


    Mike
  9. #9  
    Check this out also -- Boxwave has the same thing in silver & black:

    http://www.boxwave.com/products/armo...o-680_2455.htm
  10. #10  
    I'm waiting for this ver to hit the 680.

    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=532
  11. no_basho's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    I'm waiting for this ver to hit the 680.

    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=532
    Same here. That's a sharp case!

    I emailed Seidio last week and asked when it might be available for the 680, but they couldn't give me a firm date at this point.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    Same here. That's a sharp case!

    I emailed Seidio last week and asked when it might be available for the 680, but they couldn't give me a firm date at this point.
    I never use a case, but this sucka looks PROPPA!
  13. #13  
    OK, here's my dilemma: I have 2 young boys (both developmentally about 3-4 yo) who love playing with my Tungsten C. Just got my 680 about 10 days ago, and they're dying to get their hands on it. But since I don't have good protection for it, I won't let them. Granted, I could just keep the same policy (and I'm not sure that's such a bad idea), but there's still those times when they grab it before I know it.

    I have an aluminum case for my C, and I really like it, but it bends a little, and I've had to bend it back to keep it from catching several times over the 3 years I've had it - maybe every 6-9 months or so. I've tried a couple other metal cases, but nothing has worked as well as my Rhinoskin.

    I was reading about the Magnesium case for the 650 - lighter and stronger. Sounds perfect. And the hinge swings a full 180, so cover isn't in your way. Even better.

    So, since the Boxwave and PDAir sites have aluminum cases now, should I just get one, or should I hold out a little longer? If I hold out, how much longer do you think it'll be?

    So many choices, and so little time......
    Christy
    Palm user since 2000: Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Tungsten C -> Treo 680

    SAHM with not enough time to crochet/knit, cross stitch, "geek" (w/ my computer and/or Treo)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    I never use a case, but this sucka looks PROPPA!
    Totally agree. This case looks like a winner, hopefully it will be available. Even for those who dont like to have a case because of bulkiness or whatever might consider this one, it hardly appears to even have a case on it.

    Mike
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor13 View Post
    Totally agree. This case looks like a winner, hopefully it will be available. Even for those who dont like to have a case because of bulkiness or whatever might consider this one, it hardly appears to even have a case on it.

    Mike
    For folks who want to protect their baby from scratches, etc., but still want to go "nekkid" check this out:

    http://www.shieldzone.com/item_descr...MTREO680F.html

    I first heard about it here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=131395&page=2 in post #26 by BriGuy.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor13 View Post
    I came across this one doing a google search. It seems like a pretty good case. I like the cases that provide functionality without moving any parts while still protecting the screen.

    http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...39&page=1#tabs


    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Check this out also -- Boxwave has the same thing in silver & black:

    http://www.boxwave.com/products/armo...o-680_2455.htm
    damn..I want one!

    Edit - just ordered one Boxwave black off Amazon.com for only $39.05 incl S&H - much cheaper than the vaja and probably more protection w/ plexiglass
    Last edited by bruckwine; 12/16/2006 at 08:51 AM.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    damn..I want one!

    Edit - just ordered one Boxwave black off Amazon.com for only $39.05 incl S&H - much cheaper than the vaja and probably more protection w/ plexiglass

    That's awesome! I'm still waiting for my *&#@ customized Vaja case, which I ordered on 11/27 (that's when they charged my credit card, too)...it was supposed to take no longer than 15 days (which would have been Dec. 12th) and I've written several emails since the 12th, which they haven't answered. Not what I would expect from a vendor of such an expensive case!!! (Not the same experience I had when I bought the customized Vaja for my 650, either.)
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    That's awesome! I'm still waiting for my *&#@ customized Vaja case, which I ordered on 11/27 (that's when they charged my credit card, too)...it was supposed to take no longer than 15 days (which would have been Dec. 12th) and I've written several emails since the 12th, which they haven't answered. Not what I would expect from a vendor of such an expensive case!!! (Not the same experience I had when I bought the customized Vaja for my 650, either.)
    Maybe with all the new 68s they have a backlog of orders?! But that Vaja case is way too expensive for me - for a little more than that I've put in for a cradle and a spare battery!
  19. Danitaz's Avatar
    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn View Post
    I like the Sena case, 'cos it's slim and good-lookin'.
    That's a nice looking case! However, I decided on the Piel Frama case (again) - while the originally poster doesn't want a "flip" I end up throwing mine in purses, laptop bags, etc., and I like the idea of covering up the screen (even though I also have a boxwave protector) when I have it tucked away.

    Danita
  20. #20  
    The only problem with skin cases (especially the Seidio crystal case) is that they are a BEAR to get off if you need to reset your phone!
    Clie -> Treo 270 unlocked -> Treo 600 unlocked -> Treo 650 unlocked -> Treo 680 Crimson + Graphite (can you hold on, the other line is ringing...)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions