1.    #1  
    Hi, I live in the Netherlands and will go to Las Vegas for a conference in next January. I wonder if I can buy an unlocked 680 during my stay or in the trip. Unfornately there are no official Palm stores available in the airports of Las Vegas and Minneapolis where I change the flight. Is it easy to find an unlocked 680 in some local reseller in Vegas? thanks.
    Assuming there are no legalities, why don't you order it from one of the friendly Airport Wireless folks and have them ship it to your hotel?
    hoohow,

Since you are going to be in Las Vegas and since there are no retail locations, here is my suggestion. Jump in a rental car and take a short 3 hour drive to the Los Angeles area. There are two locations to choose from.

Westfield Shoppingtown
    Century City
    10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
    West Los Angeles, CA 90067

OR

Westfield Shoppingtown
    Century City
    10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    hoohow,

Since you are going to be in Las Vegas and since there are no retail locations, here is my suggestion. Jump in a rental car and take a short 3 hour drive to the Los Angeles area. There are two locations to choose from.

Westfield Shoppingtown
    Century City
    10250 Santa Monica Blvd.

OR

Westfield Shoppingtown
    Century City
    10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
    I don't see the difference between the 2 places. I think you are seeing double.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    hoohow,

Westfield Shoppingtown
    Century City
    10250 Santa Monica Blvd.

OR

Westfield Shoppingtown
    Century City
    10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
    I don't see the difference between the 2 places. I think you are seeing double.
    easiest to have it shipped from the palm store or website to the hotel but you can also goto any cingular store and buy an unlocked graphite for $449.

My brother who lives abroad does the pre-ship thing all the time for pickup and it works great.
    Those are locked Cingulars, I understand.

And it's a 5 hr. drive to LA from LV. The traffic makes it so.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Perhaps your correct there. Kind of stupid to pay $449 for a phone you can get for $399 anyway but I thought I'd throw it out there.

For the price difference you can have it overnighted to you from a palm store and still have money in your pocket.
    FWIW, I just bought the last Arctic White 680 from an airport store in San Fran, it was $399 and no charge for Fedex overnight to Seattle area. You could easily have it overnighted to your hotel.

John
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Fyi, those Cingular 'Graphite' phones are actually the same color as the old Treo 650s... silver-ish. Why one would pay $449 for one vs. $399 for an artic, crimsonor cooper version when those colors look much nicer? Just saw all the colors in person over the weekend, and I was surprised at how much like an old Treo the Cingular version looks. Just my two cents.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Don't forget to get a travel charger as the units sold in USA have only USA plug and voltage on the charger, not like those sold in rest of the world.
    Chargers can easily be bought over there in Europe. Since the 680 is out over there, I'm sure it won't be hard to find spare accessories.