1.    #1  
    I spoke to Palm uk re the battery issue and tried to blag a free one with it being the spirit of goodness to mankind..NO CIGAR.............What a surprise.
    However, I have just orderd a 3rd party treo 680/750 battery from a UK supplier..got to be worth a shot? Any thoughts on using a 3rd party battery?
    I have purchased batteries from both Seidio(2400mAh) and Lion Battery(2200mAh), both have preformed well. The 2200 for over 18 months in my Treo 650, the 2400 for 6 months in my daughter's Treo 700P.

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I have purchased batteries from both Seidio(2400mAh) and Lion Battery(2200mAh), both have preformed well. The 2200 for over 18 months in my Treo 650, the 2400 for 6 months in my daughter's Treo 700P.

Cheers, Perry.
    Nice on Perry.
    I will let you know the model and make when it arrives.
    I think it is a make from Japan/China?
    magician...just be careful, there are alot of 'fake' extended batteries out there (often turn out to be worse than the OEM)...so I wouldnt buy one from a non-reputable source.

As Perry mentioned, both Seidio and Lion make good (real) extended batteries...Seidio has stated in these forums that they will release one within the next couple weeks so I'm holding out for them. There are plenty of discussion on this in the forums if you look around.

-Steve
    Is the the same size as Palm's 1200 mAH?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

6.    #6  
    Yes it is the 1200 one but what make it is I just do not know???
    I know it is a bit of a gamble but will take it while the more reputable firms make thier and and I'll have one of thiers t00!
    THanks again my learned friends of plenty.
    Does a 650 battery work in a 680? I can't find the answer on the board.
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post
    Does a 650 battery work in a 680? I can't find the answer on the board.
    Size wise -- it will not fit. Powerwise -- it should be okay, but I am not 100% certain on that.
    My 2400 seidio works on the 680, of course I can't close the back It does work though. I have been very satisfied with Seidio's extended batteries
    Jimmie Geddes