Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you have Google Maps selected as your mapping choice, it will use the application if it's installed. If not, you get a warning that the PRC is not installed and it will use the web version of Google maps instead. The warning pop up will probably go away later.

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/Beta/DA.prc
    Last edited by rlwhitt; 12/11/2006 at 07:51 AM.
    Excellent idea. I have selected Google Maps under preferences but I still get a browser window opening that directs me to GMaps. Browser is selected as Treo Web with Directions to "Browser.
  3.    #3  
    Odd. It works for me. Do you get the message about GMaps not being installed before it goes off to the browser?
    This is great, thanks Rick. It is working fine on my unlocked T650.
    Got it working. Selecting Map from DA runs the GMM app from the Treo. Had to reinstall GMM for some reason.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    AWESOME! I remember mentioning this to you back when googlemaps.prc first came out. thanks for putting in the time and figuring it out!

btw: just tried it and it worked flawlessly!
    Last edited by PDR447; 12/11/2006 at 10:32 AM.
    Will it work if Google maps was moved to the card via zLauncher or PowerRun?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Will it work if Google maps was moved to the card via zLauncher or PowerRun?
    I just tested this and DA was not able to start GMM when GMM was moved to the SD card via Zlauncher. I keep GMM in RAM these days because it was too slow for me to switch between GMM and other apps.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Yudaman as usual Rick! Thanks a million. Another donation coming shortly.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update with Gmaps support!

Working great on my 700p
    I had to enter the creator ID in order for it to go to Google Maps. Ben
    Great idea, Rick! And thanks for continuing to develop this app. Under "Maps", can you include a link to be able to pull in contact info from the address book (as is possible in "Directions")? That would be very convenient.
    Well, this is interesting. It only seems to use the GoogleMaps.prc from the Map button on search results, not the map button from the main screen. The maps button on the main screen brings up the google maps web site instead.

Any chance to get it to work from the main maps button, then to add a "contacts" button like the one in the directions screen (as suggested by acousticbiker)? Then I could get rid of kwikmaps (which does an address lookup and passes it to googlemaps).
    ^I second this request. The funny thing is, 'Map' from the main screen goes to google maps website. Thanks for the efforts Rick.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  15.    #15  
    Yes of course, this was just a quick beta test to see if it generally worked. It will be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs View Post
    Well, this is interesting. It only seems to use the GoogleMaps.prc from the Map button on search results, not the map button from the main screen. The maps button on the main screen brings up the google maps web site instead.

Any chance to get it to work from the main maps button, then to add a "contacts" button like the one in the directions screen (as suggested by acousticbiker)? Then I could get rid of kwikmaps (which does an address lookup and passes it to googlemaps).
  16.    #16  
    The DA.prc at the link given in the first post has been fixed so that the Map query screen is also wired up to call the GMaps application.

Rick
  17.    #17  
    That's a good idea. Probably no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Great idea, Rick! And thanks for continuing to develop this app. Under "Maps", can you include a link to be able to pull in contact info from the address book (as is possible in "Directions")? That would be very convenient.
    Well, I've taken this for a few spins and all I can say is BRAVO! I'd seen a thread about KwikMaps (or something like that) and thought "gosh, wouldn't it be nicer if DA just talked to GM?" And here it is. Beautiful. Things that work like they should.
    Great job Rick! Thanks for your time with this free app.....much appreciated. As stated above, it would be complete once the contacts are added to choose from and then go directly to GMaps to find an address route/driving directions.

Awesome.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Here, Here!! Rick, you are the man dude. Thanks for all of the hardwork, quick response, and continious improvements!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast