Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cingular MEdia Works - $16.99 per month - Unlimited data, 1500 Text, 200 MMS. 60 - 80 MB per Month
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Just bringing back this old thread from the grave.....as I only recently discovered for those of us in Australia data has just got massively cheaper!!

Through Virgin we can now get a bundle of 300MB for $10 (Early birds even got 1 gig!)

This now opens up the whole realm of using the Treo in online situations.

And I'm still wondering...how far will I get with 300mb?

Surely that should cover a fair bit of use each month? ie. Google Maps....Internet browsing etc?

Hope so!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    T-Mobile I use TMobileWeb ($4.99 for unlimited) but its all proxy land. not that big of a deal. A lot of the apps out there support it.

On AT&T, I pay $9.99 for 5MB. GoPhone.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    You Aussies don't know how good you have it.

We here in New Zealand get a choice of the following plans from the sole GSM provider:
    [HTML]<table>
    <tr>
    <th>Name</th><th>$/Month</th><th>Cap</th><th>$/extra MB</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Casual</td><td>$0.00</td><td>0 MB</td><td>$11.25</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Mobilise Data 3MB</td><td>$11.25</td><td>3 MB</td><td>$2.25</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Mobilise Data 15MB</td><td>$21.38</td><td>15 MB</td><td>$1.69</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Broadband Starter</td><td>$39.95</td><td>200 MB</td><td>$0.50</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Broadband Everyday</td><td>$59.95</td><td>1 GB</td><td>$0.50</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Broadband Pro</td><td>$79.95</td><td>3 GB</td><td>$0.50</td>
    </tr>
    </table>[/HTML]

The prepay cost (which is probably what most people suffer with. I certainly do) is the casual rate, which is actually 10c / 10KB. Joy.
    I'm with Optus, Mavoz, on a $49 cap and $30/100mb data plan on top of it. I've seen those Virgin deals too and my aren't they tempting... except the excess data charges are pretty high @ 1.5c kb. Other than that they're much better than what others are offering. I'm thinking of making the switch after i get my next bill.
    199 Rupees (< USD 5) per month for unlimited data on CellOne. The speeds are good too. There is one more plan costing 49 Rupees (USD 1.2) for 5 MB per month. While roaming it is 0.02 Rupees for 1 KB for both plans.
    Game over!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12