1.    #1  
    Hello - I know that you can view pdf files with Documents to Go, however I am looking for a way to create a pdf file (from an excel or word document on a treo).

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
    Not that I am aware of; I believe it is a desktop/laptop function. I have WordPerfect Office 9 & 12 and can create PDF files with it and then transfer them to the Treo. A question though, are you using anything similar to Documents to Go? If so, why not use the Word format as it is so much more usable than the pdf format. There was a stage in my life, a very short stage at that, where I wanted everything in PDF format. Well, it stunk compared to Word format or whatever.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    I am looking to create a pdf file on my Treo so that I can send the document as a "sales quote". If I send the original word document then the receiver could change the details and that defeats the process.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Interesting challenge!

One approach that creates a non-editable (but not PDF) file is to:

1. Create a text-doc in some word editor on the Palm.
    2. Use Palm freeware program Snap to take a screen shot of each page of the document. These are saved as bitmap files, openable by image programs supplied as standard on PCs (e.g. Paint)
    3. Rename the images as appropriate and Email to client.

I use DocstoGo 8, and by using Arial 8 font, I was able to "snap" pages with over 200 words each. Readability of the image file was excellent. Since DTG text docs also supports image viewing (although not insertion of images on the Palm itself ), you could have quite a fancy document if you first created a template on the PC.

cheers

geoff
    try this:
    http://doc2pdf.sourceforge.net/

What is Doc2pdf

Doc2pdf is an email robot that converts Microsoft Office attachments (.doc, .ppt, and .xls) to PDF. The next time you email a Microsoft Office document, Cc doc2pdf. Doc2pdf will convert the attachment to .pdf, and send the .pdf file as an attachment in a reply to the sender and all recipients.

you will need to set it up on your own server though!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net