Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey everyone,

I just bought the 680 after previously having a sidekick 3. Im just wondering what plan you guys use for internet and text and stuff. I am on a family plan so i dont need to worry about that just data plans.

thanks
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r View Post
    hey everyone,

I just bought the 680 after previously having a sidekick 3. Im just wondering what plan you guys use for internet and text and stuff. I am on a family plan so i dont need to worry about that just data plans.

thanks
    I use the 'Total Internet Add on' plan....usually $29.99/mo but I have it for $19.99/mo.
  3.    #3  
    but some people have said that they are using t-zones for internet which is only 5.99
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r View Post
    but some people have said that they are using t-zones for internet which is only 5.99
    I know. I was always nervous that I wouldn't have full access, so I just played it safe with the other plan. Maybe foolish but I'm paranoid You can always try it with that plan and upgrade if you experience problems.
    Total Internet, I used the T-Zones but I found some apps that just would not work. If all you are looking for is web and email save the money. If you want to more than you may want to pay for the whole thing.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    $5.99 T-Zones if all you need is email, web and and IM.
    I currently have:
    T-MobileWeb (aka T-Zones) ($5.99)
    Any 400 Messages ($4.99)

My voice plan is:
    Get More PLUS 1500 ($39.99) (1500 minutes, free nights+weekends)
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the help. im a big text and IM guy so i need to find the best IM client. I also use email mostly for checking it and not so much replying but if t-zones works then thats great
    Sign up for t-zones. It's month to month anyway. If you can't live with it then you can pay more, they will always let you pay more.......

Right now, the port 80 block seems to be gone so it's actually full access without having to do anything. Every application works without a problem. Seems to have been like this for a few weeks now. Perhaps it's their fix for when the edge network went down all over the country a few weeks ago..... We can only hope.....
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    I use the 'Total Internet Add on' plan....usually $29.99/mo but I have it for $19.99/mo.
    How do how have it for 19.99? grandfathered plan?

I have been in touch with TMob about getting this plan without the hotspot access. So far they dont seem to care. The last tmob rep I talked to over the phone gave me a fax number to fax (Customer Relations: 1 813 353 6545) a request to. I havent done so yet (finals week) but I got an email from TMob:

Dear Kunjan Shah,

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. I understand that you would like an update regarding the Internet issue. I can see the importance of only having the services you require.

My name is Tanvir. I will be happy to assist you today.

Kunjan, our Marketing Department reviews all the suggestions from the customers and decides on the release date for any new products. At this time I do not have information of the exact date the feature will be available.

Please remember to check out our website http://www.t-mobile.com in your spare time. Our website can help you get informed about latest phones, rebates and services available.

If you have any further questions, please email us with the case number for any further queries. If you prefer to call us, please dial 611 free of charge from your T-Mobile phone. You can also call us tool free at 1-800-937-8997 from any phone.

Kunjan, T-Mobile appreciates your commitment to us since June 2003.

Regards,

Tanvir
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I have Hotspot Unlimited $14.99, Messaging Unlimited $14.99, Total Internet Addon $15.00.

My minute plan is 600 minutes - I've reduced it quite a bit over the years, because I find that the more I use email, the less I use the phone as a phone! In fact, my 600 started buzzing to the point where it almost unusable as a phone 3 months before I finally replaced it <g>.

Here was last month's usage - I rarely do more than 250 minutes a month, but the price differences aren't worth it to me really to change the plan to yet another lower plan (I originally started off with a 1200 minute plan with my 270!):

Feature Type Whenever Peak Off Peak Weekend
    Included Plan Minutes Minutes - 153 1 19
    Internet Access Megabytes 55.2677 - - -
    T-Mobile to T-Mobile Minutes - 70 - 11
    Txt Msg Recd Messages 4,501 - - -
    Txt Msg Sent Messages 14 - - -

Danita
    $39.99 - 600 minutes (n&w free)
    $19.99 - unlimited internet (grandfather)
    $ 9.99 - 1000 tkt msgs

-tgwaste
    Currently:
    my faves 1000: $59.99
    BB Unlimited: $19.99
    400 txt: $4.99
    T-mo
    $39.99 voice 1000 min (no N&W)
    $5.99 T-zones unlim mail & internet
    I send SMS free from the web and receive for free.
    Danita...You receive soooo many text massages compared to how many you send out. o_O

I usually have those same results...But only with my email...And the crap I receive is spam. XD
  16. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    anyone know if you get charged for IMs like you do on the sidekick plan? where I guess they're counted as SMS messages?
    Based on what's written in the support section of t-mo, they are charged as SMS messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    Same Here.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Danita...You receive soooo many text massages compared to how many you send out. o_O

I usually have those same results...But only with my email...And the crap I receive is spam. XD
    Heehee - yeah - I use the Intellisync GroupWise Mobile Server, and the network push was really killing my battery life on the 650 (I mean dead by noon!), so I switched to SMS push - I get about 300-400 REAL messages a day - many that I move to folders, etc., but it's obvious that I get more than 100 push alerts a day for the folders I choose to sync!

Danita
  20. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Based on what's written in the support section of t-mo, they are charged as SMS messages.
    So, for every IM I send through toccer or IM+, which would only be functioning if I had a data plan, it gets interpreted as an SMS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast