Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    log into your account on the tmo site. there should be a meter with your sms usage. take a look at it and if it seems way above normal usage, then ims from those progs are getting sent as sms.

I don't think they are...but I will check my account later.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    T-mo
    $39.99 voice 1000 min (no N&W)
    $5.99 T-zones unlim mail & internet
    I send SMS free from the web and receive for free.
    Would you please tell us how you send and receive SMS for FREE?

I have:
    $39.99 Voice 1500 Anytime Minutes (NO N&W)(around US)
    $19.99 T-Mobile Internet
    And I know I'm paying for 1000 SMS messages, don't remember how much, I think $9.99

Thinking to switch to T-Zones ($5.99) plan, but not sure if I loose my DUN connection with laptop...
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    I've been with T-Mobile for almost four years. So, some of this may not be available now:

1000 Anytime Minutes; Unlimited Nights/Weekends: $39.99
    Total Internet Add-On (Unlimited on Device & Hotspots) $29.99
    300 Text Messages $2.99

That's about it. It's such a great deal, I have resisted leaving for Cingular even though Cingular's service is better in some areas here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Plus, I have this routine where before I go to my lectures (adjunct faculty at Cal State East Bay), I always stop in to Starbucks and access Blackboard to check on students' work. If I leave T-Mobile, I'll have to pay dearly for that kind of access.
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Total Internet, I used the T-Zones but I found some apps that just would not work. If all you are looking for is web and email save the money. If you want to more than you may want to pay for the whole thing.
    Had a Tmobile customer in the store yesterday and he informed me that with Tzones he couldn't use his hotmail address. I would pay for total access. You have one of the best smartphones on the market. Sometimes you have to pay to play
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad92 View Post
    Would you please tell us how you send and receive SMS for FREE?

I have:
    $39.99 Voice 1500 Anytime Minutes (NO N&W)(around US)
    $19.99 T-Mobile Internet
    And I know I'm paying for 1000 SMS messages, don't remember how much, I think $9.99

Thinking to switch to T-Zones ($5.99) plan, but not sure if I loose my DUN connection with laptop...
    First, let me say that I don't do many SMS's.
    Secondly, I made a mistake, I do get charged to receive but obviously I don't get any SMS's so my bad.

To send I just use yahoo in the cellular section they have the ability to send an sms online (to USA numbers only) for free. You do have to be registered but since I use one of the forums, it 's not a problem. Only thing is the phone number the recipient sees is NOT yours so you have to sign the document.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/

Re: Treoladys comment about using hotmail:
    I can't speak about Hotmail since I don't use it but I have full access to gmail and my own email servers without any problem. I suspect it's the user rather than the service since I haven't found a single site that I can't access yet so I'm very happy to pay only $5.99 to play.

I will say that IMHO, if your thinking about getting a plan and your paying for it yourself, then why not try the t-zones option. It's only $5.99 and it's only month to month so if it does not work for you, T-mo, I'm sure will gladly let you pay $20/month without any penalty. In fact I'll bet they will even erase your t-zones charge. There's really no downside. But hey, it's your money....

As for DUN. I've never needed DUN so I've never tried it.
    Last edited by bigcatny; 12/13/2006 at 12:44 PM.
    4 yr customer, perfectly happy with TMo service and reliability. I need GSM for all the traveling I do. PIcked up a 680 to replace my well-worn 600. I need to replace the family phones as well.

Packages
    Family 1000 plan (free nights and weekends): $69.99 (covers two phones)
    Two additional lines: $9.99 ea (four total)
    Grandfathered unlimited internet: $19.99
    1000 SMS deal (IMs count): $9.99

Now, here is what I did yesterday: Called TMo and said that I was "considering" a move to Cingular because TMo did not support Palm, could you do anything for me? The first CSR offered three new Razors (VT3, w/ MP3 playback) @$59.99 ea w/o having to submit a rebate form ($99.99 on the web). I said no dice. She came back with a $49.99 ea offer. I said no dice. Went to a supervisor. Spoke to the $399.00 I "might" have to shell out for an unlocked vs. free from Cingular. Twenty minutes later (no tempers, no yelling, just a lot of restating of facts), got the $49.99 offer on the new Razors (X-Mas gifts for the family) and a month's credit. Oh yeah, also got the educator's discount when I first purchased the unit (I'm an executive coach). So I'm pretty jazzed about the whole deal. Guess I can use the "savings" to buy extra batteries :P
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"
    Does anyone know if its possible to use the T-Mobile MyFaves with the Treo 680? Do I really need a phone that is MyFaves capable?
    I have 5.99 Tzones, bought in 2001.
    from what i have read the new TZONES is just tzones. TmobileWeb is what my 5.99 tzones really is. they changed the name.

so far no issues. last night for an hour, i streamed XM radio through BLAZER and had no issues.

If and when tmobile changes things, i will upgrade to full internet for 30 bucks a month i guess. You can always start with the cheaper one and upgrade.

I've heard that with tmobileweb, some ports may be block or it has a download limit per instance, so streamin music would cut off after a certain point.

when i got tzones 5.99 in 2001, the wording stated unlimited internet. it no longer says that, maybe i'm grandfathered in?
    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal View Post
    Does anyone know if its possible to use the T-Mobile MyFaves with the Treo 680? Do I really need a phone that is MyFaves capable?
    My understanding is that any T-Mobile branded phone will work with My Faves. But non-Tmobile phones like the 680 will not.

Yes myFaves works fine. just set it up online. I choose my phone as a BB Pearl online, changed my plan to my faves, called tmobile and asked if they could back date it. They did. DONE!!! I have been usin myFaves for 2 months now starting with the 650.
    Great it works with a 650! But has the MyFaves been confirmed with the Treo 680 before I make the switch. So the MyFaves setup will work if you adjust your account online?
    No matter what tmobile tells you., If doesn't matter what phone you have (at this point) for myFaves to work. Check out howardforums.com too.
    so...you don't have the "pretty pink circles" but when you dial one of your 'FAVS" it doesn't count towards minutes?

I know from howardforums, people were trying to hack the DASH rom to make a my fav's application for the MDA, is having the pretty pink circles not really needed?
    2,500 min nation wide
    unlimited sms, & internet
    free nights/weekends
    insurance
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Nope the actual app is not needed. Your numbers that u use as myfaves can be accessed in 3 ways, Customer Service, mytmobile.com or your device. Since our devices don't have the myFave app the other 2 can be used no problem. Again, I have been using this for 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    so...you don't have the "pretty pink circles" but when you dial one of your 'FAVS" it doesn't count towards minutes?

I know from howardforums, people were trying to hack the DASH rom to make a my fav's application for the MDA, is having the pretty pink circles not really needed?
    Pink circles are not needed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12