Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    wait what?? you can use one of these 8G cards on aTreo 700p? this is awesome news. There is some company that is selling them for a little over $100!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    You'll want to format it (format f: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K).. But yes.
    a mac solution please??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    a mac solution please??
    You should be able to do it on a SDHC card reader. That, or parallel/bootcamp.
    I think Ehsan was asking how to format with those parameters on a Mac. Ehsan, Do you not have some virtual windows program on your Mac?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I received the Transcend 8gb SD card today for my 680. It works but only shows 4gb free. I have several card readers and NONE of them would read it so I bought Card Reader and it works fine. I could not format it to the A:8k parameter as suggested in a prior post in this thread but the card worked flawlessly out of the box. I have a Panasonic 4gb mini-SD and it also works. The problem with it is that the Panasonic 4gb is slow. I use Call Rec and it would skip horribly when recording with the 4gb card. I installed Card Speed to test the speed of the cards. Both the 4gb and 8gb tested about 25% of the speed of the 2gb card. The 2gb works fine with Call Rec.

When I put the 8gb in and tested it with Call Rec it worked perfectly. I could record at 16k uncompressed with absolutely no skipping whatsoever. Card Speed suggests that I not use any bitrate above 11k even with the 2gb card and it rates the 8gb as poor. Even though it tests slow, it somehow works fast so I am completely satisfied with it. In the Card Speed tests, read speed was as high as the 2gb card so I don't think anyone will ever have issues with reading speed nor do I think they will have a problem with performance on writing speed.

Except for lack of current reader support and the minor annoyance of incorrect size left (which is no problem since I'm going to put over 4gb of stuff on it anyway) the card works flawlessly in the 680.
    AirJesus.com
    "A Website to Lift The Soul"
    So, now I have one question:
    Which one?
    Card Export 2 or Card Reader?
    Which one is better, faster, easier, cheapper?
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    First, be aware that MOST card readers will work fine until you use more than 2GB on the card -- I have a SDHD card reader coming that I hope fixes this on a 4GB SD card. Things will work fine at first until you add that one last file - then everything gets scrambled.

The Question - will the transend SD - 150 work or just the SDHD??

Which one is confirmed to work???
    Yes, please post make of the SD cards that work successfully... WOO HOO!!!

My bro is salivating that HIS 700p could do the same!

We are both holding off on purchasing 4gb SD cards due to this post!!!

=)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    I have five SD readers, two USB, one built-in my notebook and one each in two desktops, NONE of them would work and I had the latest USB readers because the older ones would not read the 4gb.

The Card Speed program needs to be updated also. It obviously is not reporting the correct speed on the 8gb. I was able to record at 22khz with Call Rec with absolutely no skipping so the card is very fast.

I have not tried Card Export II, I bought Card Reader but I can't see how Card Export II is any better. I did read posts where people preferred Card Reader plus it's on sale for 9.95 whereas Card Export II is 14.95.

Using the 680 as a reader/writer with Card Export is fairly fast. It's MUCH faster than hotsync and about as fast as an outboard reader would be so this is a very good solution. There aren't many SDHC readers out there yet
    AirJesus.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nbronner View Post
    I have five SD readers, two USB, one built-in my notebook and one each in two desktops...
    If you have a pcixx21 or 20 Texas media card reader, a driver update is available that would enable it to read up to 4 gig.

For pcixx20, http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=186169

For pcixx21,
    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/23750.html

For more info on the subject,
    http://www.leog.net/fujp_forum/topic...D=10468&#60701

I posted the solution previously for the pcixx21 here at Treocentral
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...16#post1095416

The pcixx20 solution is just a recent development so just follow the dell link. They are the only company who released the driver update. pcixx20 are found in dell 700 and 710. Its also in my Hp NX5000. The newer notebooks have the pcixx21. So no need to buy a new card reader since the update available.
    With regards to the Sd slot driver being installed in non 680 palms, I encountered a problem with it. It made ptunes skip music on my Treo 650 and 4 gig card. I removed it and the skipping stop. Take note that once you delete it, your Treo will soft reset.
    The update will allow the reader to read 4gb cards. I have a HP notebook and I did apply the update but it will not allow it to read the 8gb SDHC card. We still will either need another update or a new reader.
    AirJesus.com
    I received the Transcend 8gb SD card today for my 680. It works but only shows 4gb free. I have several card readers and NONE of them would read it so I bought Card Reader and it works fine. I could not format it to the A:8k parameter as suggested in a prior post in this thread ...
    Can you record video beyond three minutes? If so then the bug is only for the Treo 650. To format your card to 8k, go to control panel, Administrative tools. Click on computer management. On the left pane you will see Storage. Under it is Disk management. On the right pane, choose your sd card. Right click, choose format. File system is fat32, Allocation unit size is 8192. Click on perform a quick format. If quick format is not enabled, there will be bad clusters when you perform a chkdsk. I dont know why this happens but this has been posted in another thread here at treocentral.
    I currently use the Lexar JumpDrive trio

http://lexar.com/readers/trio.html

and I have no problem reading my transcend 4GB SD.

Hope this helps.

James
    I failed to realize that 8192 was 8k. I tried the command line from the DOS prompt but the A:8k returned an invalid command. I used the 16k without the quick format in the Computer Administration section as outlined. I recorded 6:15 of video on the highest resolution which used 18mb. The video recorded fine. I have 4gb on the card and 4gb free so it was over 23 hours of video recording time left. I've never used more than two minutes of video recording time for any single clip. Since it made it to over 6 minutes without any indication of a problem, I doubt if I will ever have a problem with the video being too short.

The 16k format sector size seems to work fine also although the default make work fine as well. The 8gb card is a winner for me with the 680 and I'm really impressed with the Card Reader program. Card Reader is worth it even if I did have a reader that worked since it eliminates me having to take the card out. That's one thing on the 680 that I prefered on the 650 is easy SD assessibility. Since I use a case that has the hold down strap over the slot where the 650 SD was, the card popping out was never a problem.
    AirJesus.com
    The 8gb card is a winner for me with the 680 and I'm really impressed with the Card Reader program. Card Reader is worth it even if I did have a reader that worked since it eliminates me having to take the card out.
    Did you ever tried Card Export 2 from Softick?
    I'm just trying to decide between this two.
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    No I haven't tried Card Export 2. Card Export 2 seems to be the most popular one but I read one post where someone had both and they preferred Card Reader. Plus, Card Reader is on sale at PalmGear.com for 9.95.

I can't imagine either program being superior. All they do is make your SD card in the Treo show up as a drive on your computer so I would think both programs pretty much are identical. I can't see Card Export 2 being any better or worse so if they both do the identical thing equally as well, the 9.95 vs. 14.95 wins.
    AirJesus.com
    I failed to realize that 8192 was 8k. I tried the command line from the DOS prompt but the A:8k returned an invalid command. I used the 16k without the quick format in the Computer Administration section as outlined. I recorded 6:15 of video on the highest resolution which used 18mb. The video recorded fine. I have 4gb on the card and 4gb free so it was over 23 hours of video recording time left. I've never used more than two minutes of video recording time for any single clip. Since it made it to over 6 minutes without any indication of a problem, I doubt if I will ever have a problem with the video being too short.

The 16k format sector size seems to work fine also although the default make work fine as well. The 8gb card is a winner for me with the 680 and I'm really impressed with the Card Reader program. Card Reader is worth it even if I did have a reader that worked since it eliminates me having to take the card out. That's one thing on the 680 that I prefered on the 650 is easy SD assessibility. Since I use a case that has the hold down strap over the slot where the 650 SD was, the card popping out was never a problem.
    When you do a chkdsk on the sd card, does it have bad sectors? I suppose the recording beyond 3 minutes with 16 to 32k formatting is only a bug with the 650 camera app.
    No I haven't tried Card Export 2. Card Export 2 seems to be the most popular one but I read one post where someone had both and they preferred Card Reader. Plus, Card Reader is on sale at PalmGear.com for 9.95.

I can't imagine either program being superior. All they do is make your SD card in the Treo show up as a drive on your computer so I would think both programs pretty much are identical. I can't see Card Export 2 being any better or worse so if they both do the identical thing equally as well, the 9.95 vs. 14.95 wins.
    Thanks! Going with Card Reader...I can save few $
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    If you have a pcixx21 or 20 Texas media card reader, a driver update is available that would enable it to read up to 4 gig.

For pcixx20, http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=186169

For pcixx21,
    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/23750.html

For more info on the subject,
    http://www.leog.net/fujp_forum/topic...D=10468&#60701

I posted the solution previously for the pcixx21 here at Treocentral
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...16#post1095416

The pcixx20 solution is just a recent development so just follow the dell link. They are the only company who released the driver update. pcixx20 are found in dell 700 and 710. Its also in my Hp NX5000. The newer notebooks have the pcixx21. So no need to buy a new card reader since the update available.

Well. Im one step closer to getting the card reader on my dell to work. These drivers atleast make it SEE the card. It just wont let me access it. Guess we need another update.
    -tgwaste