Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    Sorry to back-track but which 4gb is confirmed working?
    *sigh*

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=130693

ALL 4 GB cards should work in this phone.
    -tgwaste
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    can i use card reader software instead of card export 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by techuser View Post
    can i use card reader software instead of card export 2?

no idea what the 'card reader' software is.. card export is for turning your phone into a USB Card Reader. (you can also format the drive via your PC that way.
    -tgwaste
    ...patiently awaiting reports on 700p compatibility....
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    no idea what the 'card reader' software is.. card export is for turning your phone into a USB Card Reader. (you can also format the drive via your PC that way.
    Card Reader is another app. that works like Card Export. When I owned the 700P, I preffered Card Reader over Card Export II.
    Will the 8gig card work with a Treo 650 with fat32? How about other Palm devices that has the fat32 driver?
    No, it will not work. It has been tested on a TX and a 700p (from PalmInfocentre...er...PalmInfocenter ) and it's been confirmed that it will NOT work on anything BUT A TREO 680.

Any other device won't detect that card at all; nothing happens when you push an SDHC card in.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    No, it will not work. It has been tested on a TX and a 700p (from PalmInfocentre...er...PalmInfocenter ) and it's been confirmed that it will NOT work on anything BUT A TREO 680.

Any other device won't detect that card at all; nothing happens when you push an SDHC card in.
    This is the 680 forums.. so who cares. long as it works on the 680
    -tgwaste
    Damn this is like the 650 driver all over again. We have to hack it out of the 680 and put it in the 700p. :X

Would anyone (please for the love of god) who owns a 680 mind posting the SD slot drivers, so that I could attempt to get this to work with the 700p??

Look...it's freakin christmas (almost). Won't you please please post the sd card PRC files?

Please...I don't care if you don't think they won't work. Please please, give me some love???
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Buzz0 View Post
    Would anyone (please for the love of god) who owns a 680 mind posting the SD slot drivers, so that I could attempt to get this to work with the 700p??

Look...it's freakin christmas (almost). Won't you please please post the sd card PRC files?

Please...I don't care if you don't think they won't work. Please please, give me some love???

From what I understand you can not get at these files without a working RomTool. Unfortunately we do not have a RomTool yet for the treo 680.. When we do ill give you my whole damn ROM I dont care.
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Buzz0 View Post

http://www.treo.net.cn/software/treo...80_rom_rip.rar

Try that. There's a "Slot Driver" file in there.

EDIT:
    From PalmInfocenter:

"drbuzz0 @ 12/20/2006 8:24:32 PM #

UPDATE: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found a copy of the treo 680 rom online. Coppied MMSDCard.prc and SlotDriver%3A SDIO-sdsd.prc to the ram on my treo 700p. Soft reset. Insert 8gb SDHC Card... IT WORKS. No need for a custom rom or anything

Note: I'm not sure if both of those files are required or if only one is needed, but I sure ain't complaining, because it worked on the first try!

Note 2: Never do this sort of thing without backing up first. And don't hold me responsible for anything...because it might break your device, result in serious injury, property damage or death...

I'll post em later"

The MMSDCard.prc file is from VersaMail, so chances are you don't need that to get an 8Gb SDHC card to work on a Treo 700p...or any other modern Palm device? Hmm...I wonder...
    Last edited by +Kardboard+; 12/20/2006 at 11:00 PM.

Canuck PDA
    Just wanted to post my VFSMark Results for grins:

File Create: 49%
    File Delete: 13%
    File Write: 9%
    File Read: 644%
    File Seek: 1966%
    DB Export: 23%
    DB Import: 372%
    Record Access: 841%
    Resource Access: 984%

VFSMark: 544
    -tgwaste

EDIT:
    From PalmInfocenter:

Found a copy of the treo 680 rom online. Coppied MMSDCard.prc and SlotDriver%3A SDIO-sdsd.prc to the ram on my treo 700p. Soft reset. Insert 8gb SDHC Card... IT WORKS. No need for a custom rom or anything

Note: I'm not sure if both of those files are required or if only one is needed, but I sure ain't complaining, because it worked on the first try!

Note 2: Never do this sort of thing without backing up first. And don't hold me responsible for anything...because it might break your device, result in serious injury, property damage or death...

I'll post em later"

The MMSDCard.prc file is from VersaMail, so chances are you don't need that to get an 8Gb SDHC card to work on a Treo 700p...or any other modern Palm device? Hmm...I wonder...

This is a Cingular ROM Rip... gross!

I did notice something interesting though.. on the 650 you were not to put anything on the ROM other than .prc and .db files. On this ROM though I noticed an Original.mp3 file.. so that means we can put anything and everything on the ROM now ? maybe?

When we get a RomTool that is.
    -tgwaste
    I purchase regular SanDisk card reader (12 in 1) and it works with my 8GB SDHC card
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card

EDIT:
    From PalmInfocenter:

I'll post em later"

Okay.. I confirmed it's the Slotdriver that does the magic. MMSDCard just sounded like something to do with the SD card slot, so I copied that too.

Works on 700p. Other devices? Not sure yet
    Like I said, MMSDCard is for VersaMail.

Canuck PDA
    Installed it on my treo 650. After confirming with another friend, it didnt increase 4 gig sd card performance. I suppose it will only allow your Treo 650 to access 8 gig.

I have attached the slotdriver file. Install to ram then reset your Treo 650.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MFB; 12/21/2006 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    You'll want to format it (format f: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K).. But yes.
    My 8GB card worked right out the box...should I format it?
    Even with more then 4GB of music and videos it does not show all amount...
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    Best to format your card to format f: /FS:FAT32 /A:8K

With my 4 gig and 32k, video recording hangs and does not save when you press stop after 3 minutes. It only works with 8k.
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast