Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    That's awesome news! At least we are closer at this point than we were with the 650 when we were trying to get 4gb cards to work.........hopefully we can get a hack for this! One question though, If you were to put 8gb of music on the card, does ptunes see all of the music?
    It starts . . . . . . . . the game is On !!
    Woo! Sounds hot. SDHC + WiFi = über-sweet news day for the 680!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    hehehe.. we arent there yet. definately gotta get a few little issues fixed first.
    -tgwaste
    Wow?!

What happen if you put 7GB of mp3 on the card. Can pTunes play 4GB of them or all of them?
    my card should be here soon.

wow I hope my PC can read the card otherwise it will be a real pain to load large files.

BTW reformatting the card in various ways may also fix the issue. I will update you all soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Wow?!

What happen if you put 7GB of mp3 on the card. Can pTunes play 4GB of them or all of them?
    Honestly I dont want to keep a Card in my phone that causes certain programs to freeze, Its simply inefficient as I use my card to much. So I wont be doing extensive testing with the 8GB untill someone comes up with a way to fix the bugs with it. (If thats even possible @ all which the verdict is still out on that.)

-tgwaste
    ok - i got my 8gb card. Phone does read it but syas it only has 4gb. Problem is my IBM X41 wont read the card at all (nor the free Palm 1GB card).

Anyone know where to download SDHC drivers?
    Ok. So using Card Export I was able to see the card (showed 7717.4mb)

It was quite slow so i reformatted it (when connected via Card Export) using the following at command level:

format f: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K

it now shows 7991MB (hey wheres my other 9MB???) and seems as fast as my 'old' 4gb card to use.

I also tried to format with 16k blocks to see if it was quicker / slower but it came out the same on 'cardspeed' which also didnt recognize it as 8GB - I can live with this.

I have to go now and load EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED onto the card!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Where is Shadowmite?
    How can they sell you a SDHC card without the reader? How do people (who have DSLR) use them then?

This SDHC/Panasonic initiative is a mess.
    just be careful to NOT leave ~4GB free. either leave more or less free.
    Eh? So all is well now and I can run out and buy an 8Gb SDHC???

ekerbuddy: Which version of Card Export are you using?

Canuck PDA
    using my 8GB now.. have about 3gb free.. card info and resco explorer seem to be working better now, no freezes. if we could fix it so it reports the right size of the card, we would be golden.
    -tgwaste
    Have any of you tried to load more than 4gb of Music? If so, does ptunes show all of the music or just 4gb's worth? Because if all of the data is accessible via the treo than the only thing not working is purely cosmetic, right?
    I have loaded up nearly 8gb onto the card.

4 full length movies which TCMP sees and runs perfectly and about 40 CD's / MP3 (which MOcean and Ptunes see and run quite happily).

I also copied my old SD card completely onto this 8GB card and all apps also run perfectly (and very fast).

Bottom line: it works perfectly.

Minor issue for me is that I had to use CardReader II to load everything (which was a little slow) as my X41 notebook SD reader didn't recognize the card and I don't have a $10 card reader (yet).

All the programs I have that read card size ALL get it wrong (they all show aprx 4GB as total size to begin with - but ALL also show the correct amount of space still free once I crossed the loaded 4GB line (and now all can't show total size)
    Sweet...so exciting! I'm going to go for one! Weee! Can you confirm which one you have, ekerbuddy?

Canuck PDA
    card Info doesn't freeze up. just gets total size wrong.

what's amazing is that I STILL WANT MORE STORAGE!!! is there ever enough? apparantly there will be 32GB by end 2007. got to SDHC website.
    hahah don't get too greedy...but a 32Gb Treo............ZOMG!!

Sorry, which card do you have again, ekerbuddy?

Canuck PDA
    Transcend.

if u buy one get a SDHC reader (from somewhere else).
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast