Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    Alright ya scumbags. I caved and bought the 8GB Transcend. Ill let you all know if it works. Should be here by Friday.
    True American hero.

Just imagine 8GB of you know what.
    Alright ya scumbags. I caved and bought the 8GB Transcend. Ill let you all know if it works. Should be here by Friday.
    I know 4gb work on the 680 but 8gbs. That would be awesome if it worked. I'm excited for you. Post results asap
    4GB Transcend 150X SD Card = VFSMark of 525
    (Sprint Treo 650 w/ FAT32 put into ROM)

Let me know how the 8GB does. . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Treo View Post
    I know 4gb work on the 680 but 8gbs. That would be awesome if it worked. I'm excited for you. Post results asap
    Well its not really about the size here its about the SDHC crap. However someone said they got the 4GB SDHC working on the Treo 680 so that makes me think it supports the format.
    -tgwaste
    I just ordered one too.

my 4gb adata worked fine in the 650 (hacked) and my 680 (but weirdly died last week).

I will update u when it arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I just ordered one too.

my 4gb adata worked fine in the 650 (hacked) and my 680 (but weirdly died last week).

I will update u when it arrives.
    Ya.. A-Data is crap. I had two that died before switched to Transcend (which never died).
    -tgwaste
    I have my concerns about the SDHC (SD High Capacity) working in a TREO. Last time I looked SanDisk and Transcend did not list Treos as compatibale devices for this new format.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item...ance_Card.aspx

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/pdf/retail/SDHC1.pdf

http://memorysuppliers.stores.yahoo....gbhicased.html
    8GB SDHC (SD High-Capacity) is the new generation of SD cards (Version 2.0). Formatted in FAT32, SDHC cards reach a maximum capacity of 32GB and can fulfill the high-capacity demand of the new SDHC devices such as Casio Exilim Z1000/Z600/S600 cameras, Panasonic DMC-L1 camera, and HP printer A/B. Now you can enjoy a high-quality digital life and store all of your MP3 music files, high-resolution pictures, and video clips in your SDHC card.

Features:

Fully compatible with the SD 2.0 Standard
    Class 2 specification
    Original NAND Flash Chip
    Supports Error Correcting Code (ECC) to detect and correct errors
    Mechanical Write Protection Switch
    Lifetime Warranty
    Specification:
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/14/2006 at 07:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    4GB Transcend 150X SD Card = VFSMark of 525
    (Sprint Treo 650 w/ FAT32 put into ROM)

Let me know how the 8GB does. . . . . .
    Um..that flew over my head! Are you saying this worked for you in a 680 Perry? Oh wait you don't have one do you? HAs someone else said this model SD works?
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Um..that flew over my head! Are you saying this worked for you in a 680 Perry? Oh wait you don't have one do you? HAs someone else said this model SD works?
    No, mine was not the SDHC format and it is in a hacked 650. I was just posting the VFSMark for comparison.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/14/2006 at 09:38 AM.
    you guys should read the whole thread.. especially the part regarding 4GB SDHC cards working in the treo.
    -tgwaste
    you guys should read the whole thread.. especially the part regarding 4GB SDHC cards working in the treo.

Hi tgwaste!

I did.

The 680 does not specify compatibility. Why?
    Did they build it to be SD 2.0 compliant?

If so, did they not have time to fully test -- so as to not list the compatibility?

Until the manufacturers of the product and the devices using it confirm compatibility -- you are on the bleeding edge. Buyer beware was the point of my post.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/14/2006 at 09:38 AM.
    No, mine was not the SDHC format and it is in a hacked 650. I was just pusting the VFSMark for comparison.
    Ah. Ell it'd be great if they actually had a 4 (or BGB) card that would work
  13.    #33  
    I ordered the 4gb Transcend from Newegg earlier this week. If the 8gb cards work, I wonder how the speed difference will be? And if there is a difference, how much of an issue this difference will be in treo usage.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Hi tgwaste!

I did.

The 680 does not specify compatibility. Why?
    Did they build it to be SD 2.0 compliant?

If so, did they not have time to fully test -- so as to not list the compatibility?

Until the manufacturers of the product and the devices using it confirm compatibility -- you are on the bleeding edge. Buyer beware was the point of my post.

Cheers, Perry.

Perry,
    Please keep in mind I am in no way saying this card will work in any treo phone.

Having said that.. Palm officially does not support ANY card over 2GB. However, we both know that 4GB cards work fine in the treo. The reason Palm doesnt support anything over 2GB is most likely because they threw the FAT32 drivers on the phone and are unsure if they will work 100% so they only support things that work with the FAT drivers.

So we know FAT32 works
    We know 4GB works
    and we know 4GB SDHC works.

So based on that my theory is that 8GB SDHC will also work. Right now we have a 50/50 chance and wont know for sure until I get the 8GB card tomorrow morning.

Im just trying to keep a possitive attitude because quite frankly 8GB of space would ROCK.

-tgwaste
    It would ROCK.

(Can't wait for the next 50 cent sale at RealPlayer.)

Cheers, Perry.
    8gb will not show 8gb free space as palmos uses a 32-bit integer to return free and total volume space, SO it will wrap around. 8GB card totally free will show up as 3.9GB/3.9free, BUT problems begin later. 8 GB card with ~ 4GB free will show up as 3.9GB card with 4GB free. needless to say some apps will be very unhappy with a card havaing more free space then total space. That being said i see no reason for 8gb not to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitrygr View Post
    8gb will not show 8gb free space as palmos uses a 32-bit integer to return free and total volume space, SO it will wrap around. 8GB card totally free will show up as 3.9GB/3.9free, BUT problems begin later. 8 GB card with ~ 4GB free will show up as 3.9GB card with 4GB free. needless to say some apps will be very unhappy with a card havaing more free space then total space. That being said i see no reason for 8gb not to work.
    Now that was really over my head! So you're saying that when the card is in it will show MORE free space as it uses it up and thus prolly crash some poor prog trying to calc the remaining space?! Not good...

Btw what I'd like to see personally is, apart from this Transcend brand, which other $ GB cards work!
    simple. take free space on card, take a remainder after dividing it by 4294967296 and that is how much free space will be shown. same for total. and in that scenario it is entirely possible to show more free then exists ,OR, if you have 4294967297 bytes free, you'll see 1 byte free and most apps will refuse to run. i have a hack that should fix this problem (potentially) but that is to be tested later.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Now that was really over my head! So you're saying that when the card is in it will show MORE free space as it uses it up and thus prolly crash some poor prog trying to calc the remaining space?! Not good...

Btw what I'd like to see personally is, apart from this Transcend brand, which other $ GB cards work!
    then you should read my little review on cards.. its somewhere in one of the forums.
    -tgwaste
    Ok boys and girls,
    I got the 8GB Transcend Card just now and I have some good news and some bad news.

The Good News:

The 680 recognizes the card and can read from it, etc. My applications work fine running off the Card.

The Bad News:

dmitrygr is right it does not show up as having 8GB free in the info (although you can put 8GB worth of Data on it).

Further..
    My Dell 9300 doesnt support SDHC so Im having to use Card Export which works and properties (Under Windows) tells me its 8GB. Card Export actually sees it as 7GB (which is odd).

I've noticed that Card Info no longer works (and freezes) once there is Data on the card, however Info does and shows 3.5GB.
    Info (under Resco File Explorer) also freezes the phone.

Conclusion:

There is definately a lot of potential here for us to have 8GB of pure sweet lovin.

dmitrygr, if you have something in mind that will make this work a lot better, now would be a GREAT time for it.

*cheers*
    Last edited by tgwaste; 12/14/2006 at 06:16 PM.
    -tgwaste
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast