Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blender-DOD View Post
    Here is the link to the Class 6 that I just bought.
    Excellent offer!
    I don't know about the 8GB SD card, but I did buy the Transcend 4GB 150x SD card from newegg.com and it works perfectly on my Treo 680. I use my 680 at the gym listening to my tunes, and it recognizes the 4GB perfectly. In addition, with it being high-speed, there are no skips in song playing either. I don't know if the skips were from my slow 1GB SD card or my earbud headphones but everything is great now.

Here's the link to the 4GB SD card if interested:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820163159

-Oceanier
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanier View Post
    I don't know about the 8GB SD card, but I did buy the Transcend 4GB 150x SD card from newegg.com and it works perfectly on my Treo 680. I use my 680 at the gym listening to my tunes, and it recognizes the 4GB perfectly. In addition, with it being high-speed, there are no skips in song playing either.
    thanks for the link. would you mind posting VFS scores?

I don't really need the space, but my Transcend 2GB is just a little too slow for Audacity 12kbps recording...
    Pardon my ignorance, but what are "VFS scores" ???

You may not need the extra space but at $38.99 for 4GB at 150x, its well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanier View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what are "VFS scores" ???

You may not need the extra space but at $38.99 for 4GB at 150x, its well worth it.
    VFSMark is an SD card speed benchmarking application. it's not perfect, but it seems to be the best predictor for how well a card can run card i/o-intensive applications, especially multimedia.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=34400
    Here is a link to 8GB Class 6 for $81.56 I don't know what they charge for shipping though.
    I finally got my 8GB card filled up over 3.5GB. Up until then it would show freespace as "2.4 Free of 3.5 GB". Now I have 3.69GB on it and it shows freespace as "3.8 Free of 3.5 GB". If I look at it with FileZ it shows the free memory as 109%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blender-DOD View Post
    I finally got my 8GB card filled up over 3.5GB. Up until then it would show freespace as "2.4 Free of 3.5 GB". Now I have 3.69GB on it and it shows freespace as "3.8 Free of 3.5 GB". If I look at it with FileZ it shows the free memory as 109%.
    Remember, it will start telling you "the truth" when you reach 4 Gb... Until then, many of the soft won't difference a 4 or 8 Gb card.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Now, I am totally confused..

On the other thread, they said that this Transcend 8GB SDHC DOES NOT work properly. Can someone help me if this Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 6 does or does not work with Treo 680?

Thanks in advance....
    Quote Originally Posted by dgho View Post
    Now, I am totally confused..

On the other thread, they said that this Transcend 8GB SDHC DOES NOT work properly. Can someone help me if this Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 6 does or does not work with Treo 680?

Thanks in advance....
    This card works perfectly with the Treo 680.. im using it right now.
    -tgwaste
    i think I will finally give in and get an 8 gig. I never thought i would see the day when my 4gig was almost full, but that day is almost here.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    16GB will be out shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch View Post
    Hey all , I just instaled my new Trancend 8GB class 6 and it seems to be working great !
    File Create:.166%
    File Delete:.377%
    File Write:.178%
    File Read:.725%
    File Seek:.1685%
    DB Export:.110%
    DB Import:.319%
    (what ever that means!)
    A lot faster than my transcend 8GB Class 2 . I got it at mydigital discount for $86.70 (a cool co. to deal with ) http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1368/.f

Mine works fine, too.

However, it worked great in my card reader, and with the Treo itself, but CAVEAT....
    I got the 680 and Transcend class 6, 8gb to work fine. BUt the first time I used Card Export 2, it went bonkers and corrupted my desktop drivers so that the computer rebooted every time I connected the Treo.
    Softick is telling me the latest version 2.25 should work, and I dl'it (i may have been a version or two behind....) Anyone reporting problems with Card Export 2, v. 225?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires View Post
    Mine works fine, too.

However, it worked great in my card reader, and with the Treo itself, but CAVEAT....
    I got the 680 and Transcend class 6, 8gb to work fine. BUt the first time I used Card Export 2, it went bonkers and corrupted my desktop drivers so that the computer rebooted every time I connected the Treo.
    Softick is telling me the latest version 2.25 should work, and I dl'it (i may have been a version or two behind....) Anyone reporting problems with Card Export 2, v. 225?
    I don't know the answer with respect to Card Export 2, but I can tell you with certaintly that the Card Reader app in the Treo 680 works perfectly.
    Got the Transcend 8GB SDHC class 6 last week. Works perfectly except for the OS not reporting the correct total size of the card. Of course that is irrelevant to me since I know how big it is anyway.

All apps work perfectly like CallRec, TCPMP, PTunes etc. It was formatted FAT32 outta the box and required no reformatting. Card + USB reader on Newegg.com came for $85.

I had only 71mb free this morning. :-( I think I'm a storage glutton. Ohhhh, but all the music and DVD movies is awesome!
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    16GB will be out shortly.
    Call me when the 32GB Class 6 is out
    At that point (and hopefully the same sickeningly low price as the 8GB one is now), I'll be a relatively happy dude...of course, I might also be moved from a device that uses regular sized SD cards so humph.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I am lusting for even more space, but realistically with the speed of the Palm, I'm not sure how good an idea it is to keep pushing the limit on these cards. I already get a delay of quite a few seconds more with my Class 6 when I search for installed-on-card music on PTunes with my Treo 680. I can only imagine how long it will take on a 16 or 32gb.
    when will 16GB be out?
    -tgwaste
    I have been using a 4G card on my 680 that I successfully formatted originally on my laptop. No problem. It has been a joy. Last night I got an 8G Transcend (my 4G was also Transcend) and I could not get it to format in my laptop. MY 680 however seemed to read it so I (mistakenly?) formatted on that, thinking that I would then at least be able to read it on the laptop and reformat it. Now with Card Export, I tried reformatting it on my laptop and it keeps giving me the error message, "The specified cluster size is too big for FAT32." I have no idea what that means I have tried 16k and it gives me the same message.

Have a destroyed this card? Is there any way I can format it now that it is readable on CArd Export (I did not use cardexport at first because I didn't have it until I downloaded it this morning)?
    Oh, and also, when I put this card back into the Treo after trying to format on the laptop, it showed 8G of space. After that, I guess it had put the palm and whatever directory files on, it showed 4G in Card Info. And on CardExport it shows 8G. But I can't seem to access it otherwise. This is the Transcend type 6
    Last edited by mdavis; 07/19/2007 at 07:02 AM.