Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Has anlyone with a 680 tried the Patriot Class 4?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820220217
    Someone did, Italiangspot (Think that's his nick). He had problems with it. There's also a Samsung OEM from ebay that comes with a usb card reader. One brave soul tried, still waiting for his vfs marks to be posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Someone did, Italiangspot (Think that's his nick). He had problems with it. There's also a Samsung OEM from ebay that comes with a usb card reader. One brave soul tried, still waiting for his vfs marks to be posted.
    I bought it too, from EBay. Came as advertised, 8 Gb SD Card and a perfectly working SDHC card reader, for 70$, i.e. 55.

My card contains 80 MP3 albums and TomTom maps for France, Europe, USA & Canada...

VFS Mark with a 32K chunk format is:

File Create: 36%
    File Delete: 12%
    File Write: 8%
    File Read: 672%
    File Seek: 1685%
    DB Export: 25%
    DB Import: 227%
    Record Access: 905%
    Resource Access: 936%

VFSMark: 500
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    Frys had transcend 8GB for $99
    NewEgg has it for $53.

The Blackman
    with my patriot 8gb card, class4

it looses conection with my treo here and there

i have tried cradlecare and disk keeper and nothing really helps
    everytime i backup to card, t looses the card, have to eject and put back in

not sure if anyone else has a patriot card and having any issues?

would love to here if they are or not that way i can figure out if it is my phone along with third party applications or just the card

i would hate to hard reset and install everything back to find out that i am still having same issues with the card

waiting on the treo 700p software release , maybe they will have the driver in rom which it will recognize the sdhc cards better
    I have a Patriot 8gb SDHC card. It's about 1/2 full and works perfectly...no issues so far.
    I too have the patriot 8gb class 4 SDHC card and it works flawlessly in my 680. I have had no issues with it at all, and it seems very very fast. I have about 5 gbs of data and mp3s on it and have had not problems. I am very satisfied with the purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    I have a Patriot 8gb SDHC card. It's about 1/2 full and works perfectly...no issues so far.
    ok i am happy that i found u, lol

i have the patriot 8gb sdhc card, class 4

can u go into card info on your treo and let me know how much is used.. or what percent it says if u use the program card reader, for syncing with PC

i heard if u have under 4gb used u might run into problems...?

i loose the card everytime i backup to it using nvbackup or rescobackup... have u backed up to card using any of those programs....

i am excited to hear that it might be my phone with third party applications rather then the card

and what phone do u have, treo 700p?

card info:
    size:
    2961.6mb free of 3714.0mb

752.3 MB used
    2961.6 MB free of 3714.0MB

i put card in phone from factory and loaded info and i also formated in DOS to fat32 and after both, still having same issues

if i use card reader and mount to pc, under drive properties:
    used: 4.73GB
    free: 2.89GB

capacity: 7.62GB

file system: fat32

i am trying to provide info to compare to yours
    Last edited by italiangspot; 03/06/2007 at 09:56 AM.
    I have a Treo 680 and an 8GB Trancend card. I loaded the music with a media card reader. I put 500+ mp3s and wma on the card. Using my Treo 680 with pTunes deluxe version 3 I can only see/play 26 tracks but when I put it in my friends 680 with ptunes 4.0 I can see/play all the tracks. Am I doing somehting wrong?
    Amurto:

My guess is that you don't have the proper codecs loaded to play the wma's or the other files. Check your codecs and make sure you have the right ones. PT4.1 has native wma, mp4 and other codecs already onboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    with my patriot 8gb card, class4

it looses conection with my treo here and there

i have tried cradlecare and disk keeper and nothing really helps
    everytime i backup to card, t looses the card, have to eject and put back in

not sure if anyone else has a patriot card and having any issues?

would love to here if they are or not that way i can figure out if it is my phone along with third party applications or just the card

i would hate to hard reset and install everything back to find out that i am still having same issues with the card

waiting on the treo 700p software release , maybe they will have the driver in rom which it will recognize the sdhc cards better
    Have you tried hard resetting your treo and checking if it still unmounts after backup?
    I purchased my Transcend 8g SDHC card(new in package with lifetime warranty) from someone on ebay for a total of $52.00 (including shipping) and it works perfect. I have hundreds (close to a 1000) of mp3's and still have a few gigs left to play with. I love my 680 and it's capabilities!
    so whats the overall conclusion on which 8gb card to buy thats the most reliable and working on Treo 680?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    How about this one, folks?
    http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/I...emID=TS8GSDHC6

8GB SDHC (High-Capacity) Class 6

Please check SDHC compatibility chart before you purchase
    Class 6 specification
    Original NAND Flash Chips
    Features:

Please check SDHC compatibility chart before you purchase

Class 6 specification

Original NAND Flash Chips

Supports Error Correcting Code (ECC) to detect and correct errors

Mechanical Write Protection Switch

Lifetime Warranty

Specification:
    Size: 32mm x 24mm x 2.1mm (L x W x H)
    Op. Voltage: 2.7V~3.6V
    Op. Temperature: -25C (-13F) to 85C (185F)
    Durability: 10,000 insertion/removal cycles
    Weight: 2g

http://www.memoryx.net/sdhc8gbcl6.html

# S8GSDHC6, SDHC-8GB-CL6
    # The SD is one of the most popular types of flash memory cards in the world. The Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) card is the newest generation (Version 2.0). This Transcend Ultra High Capacity 8GB Secure Digital card is in stock and can ship today. See Compatibility below.
    # 8GB SD Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC), 150X speed rating
    - Class: 6
    - Capacity: available in 4GB and 8GB
    - Speed: READ at 20MB sec and WRITE at 13MB sec
    - Supports Error Correcting Code (ECC) detect and correct errors
    - Supports "In System Programming" (ISP) to load firmware
    # Features:
    - Original NAND Flash Chip
    - Compatible with the new SD 2.0 standard
    - Power down and sleep modes Supported
    - Mechanical Write Protection Switch
    - What is the SDHC Advantage over standard SD cards? It is that the data throughput speed (DTS) is guaranteed (unlike SD) and you can easily match it up to what your device needs instead of paying more for faster cards you can't use. Your device will recommend which size you should use.
    # Warranty:
    - Lifetime warranty through the manufacturer.
    - The SDHC-8GB-CL6 carries Transcend Limited Lifetime warranty for exchange or repair against defect.
    - It may also be returned in original condition within 14 days of delivery for full credit, minus shipping cost.
    - Unlimited lifetime tech support for this item.
    # Compatibility:
    - Only works with devices displaying the SDHC logo.
    - SDHC works differently than the standard SD card format and is not backwards compatible with legacy SD format host devices.
    - Your must display SDHC to be compatibile.

- To ensure compatibility, look for the SDHC logo on cards and host devices (cameras, camcorders, etc.)

- Compatible all makers of SDHC: Toshiba, Transcend, ATP, A-Data, Kingston, Panasonic, Sandisk and Pretec

- The following peripheral available use SDHC:
    - Panasonic: DMC-L1 camera
    - Casio: Exilim Z1000, Z600, S600 camera
    - HP: A / B printer

* * Speed Explained: Based on this standard, SD association created 3 speed classes to help identify performance and capabilities of both SDHC and SDHC devices. Speed Class Logo enables user to identify the combination of host and card.

* * Class Explained: Three speed classes (Class 2, 4, & 6) guarantee minimum sustained transfer rates to support large digital video recordings for optimum performance. Classifications determined by card random write speed and device compatibility.
    # 03/19/2007
    It is class 6, by Transcend. I don't expect x150 as it is said, but I can not test it myself right now...

http://ec.transcendusa.com/images/item/TS8GSDHC6.gif

It is USD 106 as of today on Transcend, and USD 100 on MemoryTen.

Anyone?
    Last edited by alex_herrero; 03/23/2007 at 09:30 AM.
    So it is confirmed that this works with the 680?

For sure?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Toshiba Class 4 8Gb card with 16K clusters.

File Create: 85%
    File Delete: 23%
    File Write: 11%
    File Read: 672%
    File Seek: 2360%
    DB Export: 21%
    DB Import: 416%
    Record Access: 1005%
    Resource Access: 984%

VFSMark: 619

I have experienced formatting issues with this card - get strange symbols when inserting to T650 after copying files over using laptop SD reader (with hotfix applied). Resorted to using Card Export II for all these transfers.

Very slow write speeds (especially on deleting large files).
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    Perhaps this is a stupid question, but anyway...

Pretty much all I will do with a car is fill it with music & maybe some applications. Will a class 4 or class 6 really make any difference in operation, or would it only make a difference in time taken to load up the card?

Thanks

Jonathan
    Brand spanking new 680 owner
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    The speed difference between a class 4 and a class 6 is that the class 6 is guaranteed to transfer data at 6 MB per second. Most of the cards are going transfer much faster but they are not guaranteed to. So there is little difference between the two.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    Alright ya scumbags. I caved and bought the 8GB Transcend. Ill let you all know if it works. Should be here by Friday.
    HOW DID IT WORK?
    www.TigerRagTunes.com
    Finally, you can get a class 6 8 Gb Kingston card for USD 100 on newegg.

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIma...134-483-02.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by NormBo View Post
    HOW DID IT WORK?
    It works great.. go buy one.
    -tgwaste