Page 96 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2602
    It has been awhile since I have visited this thread. . . . . .

NachoB . . . . . you absolutely get my vote for 2007 Man of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    It has been awhile since I have visited this thread. . . . . .

NachoB . . . . . you absolutely get my vote for 2007 Man of the Year.
    Haha, ahh shucks.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I know that, But all the wallpapers have 700p or 755p or football/baseball teams. I was refering to having a "Centro wallpaper"
    Centro??

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...rs/Centro1.jpg http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...rs/Centro2.jpg
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Centro??
    Coooool....!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Can someone with a red Centro report back if that's too much red for a red phone?

Palm Pre wallpapers
    It's to much red on a black Centro. It would be nice if you could do one in black for a black Centro without the TreoLauncher calendar shadow.

You are the best nacho.....

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    It's to much red on a black Centro. It would be nice if you could do one in black for a black Centro without the TreoLauncher calendar shadow.

You are the best nacho.....

Ooo..in hindsight a black one would be cool too (with and without calendar)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Renaming an application is difficult :p for:

1 it modifies the original application, which is a major undertaking
    2 for applications in ROM, a separate database is needed to maintain the new names

so that's why Treo Launcher does not have this feature (yet) :)
    There are several solutions to this problem:

1. There is a launcher called Initiate (www.hobbyistsoftware.com) which allows you to rename any app not stored in ROM. When you tap and hold an app's icon, a menu comes up with a Rename option and it's very straightforward. This software is not free but is fully functional without registration but it will nag you every now and then. I have tried it and found it way too complicated (too many settings, too tweakable). In my opinion Treo Lanucher has the best features of Initiate and is dead simple, except that it cannot rename apps. So what I did was install all my applications first, then install both Treo Launcher and Initiate. I used Initiate to rename the apps and then uninstalled Initiate. The apps remain named which solves the problem. You can leave Initiate installed if it does not bother you and use it only when you need to rename another app. Personally I don't like to have apps I don't use on my Treo, so I have deleted it.

3. Also from Maple Top Software, an app called IconEdit allows you to not only edit icons but also rename them, albeit the icon editor is awful as it's black and white only. I have just evaluated a demo and it renames icons very nicely (the demo only allows you to rename Maple Top apps' icons though). This app has a tiny footprint (32KB) compared with Initiate (388KB) although Initiate will do all icons even if you don't register.

2. Alternatively, there is quite a cool little launcher called CoLauncher by Maple Top Software (www.mapletop.com), again not freeware, which allows you to launch apps by pressing one of the hardware buttons followed by a key from the keyboard, so you chould lauunch the calendar by pressing Phone Key + C, for example. It is extremely easy to set up. It also supports combinations of hard key + hard key, and more complex combinations. You can effectively launch over 35 apps using combinations of hard keys only (not the keyboard). If you only want to launch things using a button + keyboard combination, then CoLanucher would do exactly the same as Treo Launcher had you renamed the apps with unique starting characters. This, however, is not possible, becuase ROM apps can't be renamed, therefore Calc and Calendar cannot have unique starting characters.

3. This is a suggestion for Treo Launcher: Treo Launcher v1.5 will short list applications whose name begin with the string of characters you have typed. Now what if Treo Launcher also listed applications whose name contained that string of characters? For example, currently if you type "Ca" that might bring shortlist calendar or de calculator; with the addition of this feature you would be able to type "lc" and launch the calculator (Calc). Users would be able to discover a unique string for each application, in most cases a two character sequence would suffice.

Any comments?
    Centro black: check back on Monday, I'll see what I can come up with (main image file is at work and didn't feel like redoing the work on my POS laptop at home).

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/07/2008 at 10:21 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Great work NB, keep it up man.

Thank You nacho.

The black Centro versions are great! The gray band at the bottom is perfect for Initiate skin buttons.

You da man!

Thanks again......

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'll throw one more "solution" into the list that Beetraxx started... You can always grab any binary editor and change " tryda" to "tryda " in the tryda.prc file. You'll probably want to do the edit on your PC (using any of a boatload of binary editors), then re-sync tryda.

Caveat emptor (maybe caveat "editor" is more apt in this case), as editing a binary file can easily cause it to not work ever again.
    Using Resco Explorer, I simply navigated to the applications folder and renamed the application (stored in RAM obviously, cannot rename an application stored in ROM). Pretty straight forward. Might also work using FileZ but I don't have that installed to test.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Oh, DUH. Thanks Nacho, I was looking at it in the RAM folder, not from within apps. That's pretty cool, I never knew that Resco Explorer did that!
    Can anyone share any icons with me??

thanks.
    Last edited by eddie091; 01/10/2008 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie091 View Post
    Can any share any icons with me??
    Post 970 in this thread.
    If anyone has an Indiana Jones wallpaper for treo launcher my husband would really appreciate it. Something kind of plane w/ the font on the bottom. Maybe the whip in the background. Thanks.
    Last edited by hollieplus2; 01/10/2008 at 07:47 PM.
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/11/2008 at 09:50 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers