Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not sure why your icons aren't working. They're on your memory card in \DCIM\Icon correct?
    As far as activating recent apps, press the enter key on the keyboard, then scroll left/right with the 5-way, press center button to launch.
    I had my folder named as "icon folder" rather then "icon", lol...soon as I changed it worked fine.... thanks !

how does the preference popup showup?
    enable / disable

does treo launcher update automatically when u install new programs? or u have to refresh

apps.prc? what is this specifically for, for the option for recent apps? u can toggle in the menu...

any plugins yet for treo launcher
    Last edited by italiangspot; 07/12/2007 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    I had my folder named as "icon folder" rather then "icon", lol...soon as I changed it worked fine.... thanks !

how does the preference popup showup?
    enable / disable

does treo launcher update automatically when u install new programs? or u have to refresh

apps.prc? what is this specifically for, for the option for recent apps? u can toggle in the menu...

any plugins yet for treo launcher
    Preference popup: when talking to you earlier I thought you were talking about the new Recent Apps application that's on the 755p and included in the MR for the 700P. There is no preference popup in Treo Launcher. Sorry for the Confusion.

Updating: When you install a new app you have to launch the default lancher before it will show up in Treo Launcher. In Treo Launcher, press Menu+L. And if you're hiding unfiled apps, make sure the new app is assigned a category if you want to see it.

apps.prc: I'm not aware of this program you are referring to. The "Recent Apps" under toggle turns on and off the visibility of the recent apps on the bottom on TL. If you turn it off you can still access recent apps by hitting the return key on the keyboard.

Plugins: no real plugins per say, except for Desk Accessories via MetaDA. I found no real use for this and only played with it for maybe 30 minutes.
    http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/h-yama/da/whatsda.htm
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Attached is Apps. It does nothing more than only starting the system launcher. So that it will show up that in SyncBack list.

Now, users who want application auto-refresh can:

- install SyncBack
    - open Preferences -> SyncBack
    - Enable it
    - Select "Back to specified application" option
    - Select "Apps" from the list

Hope it helps
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1013

i guess is what i was questioning...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpritts
    Horace and group...

The utility you are seeking is freeware and is called SyncBack. It resides in the Preferences and allows you to automatically run a program after a hotsync. It is available at PalmGear.

Hope this helps.

Kraig

Thanks, Kraig.

It will serve the "auto-refresh" purpose if SyncBack can start the system launcher after a Hotsync. Too bad, system launcher (Applications) is not a choice in the SynBack list.

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=41157
    Last edited by italiangspot; 07/13/2007 at 08:20 AM.
    italiangspot:

I believe the apps and syncback application came about in this group per the below quoted request to have TL do an Auto-Rescan of applications after a Hotsync. Not something I ever needed, I'm not that lazy that I can't manually go to the default launcher myself.

Quote Originally Posted by B@tze View Post
    Hi Horace,

most wanted Feature Request from the german Users for 1.5 :

- Always use Category "all" or Disable Category Function
    - Always start in Category "xxx"
    - Auto-Rescan after Hotsync
    - Auto-Rescan after Data Input from IR or Bt
    - App List also in a Listview with small Icons like Initiate from http://www.hobbyist.com

Any hope for this in the Future ?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    is it possible to hide applications on my sd card or change their category? I have 9 applications on my card now that fit perfectly on my home launcher screen. However, I want to install a few more programs on my sd to play around with that I do not want on the home launcher screen. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Does anyone have or know of a fix to get this working on a 755P? It looks like the home button is not getting mapped to TreoLauncher.
    was there ever a fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    was there ever a fix for this?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1542
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    There have been too many changes in my life recently.

One of the big (but not the biggest yet) changes is I have a new job and I will move to a new city. It has been 14 years since my previous new job ;-)

So please forgive me not participating in the forum and halting the Treo Launcher development for long.

To be frank, I feel like I am in front of a crossroad when I open the Treo Launcher source code recently. Yes, there are quite some urgent bugs needed to be fixed and a few obvious enhancements to be completed. However, to move Treo Launcher to the next level, I expect a major reconstruction of some basic codes. One example, Treo Launcher lost some speed since supporting applications on card. To speed up, Treo Launcher should build a cache for applications on card (similar to applications in main memory). Now, the cache is done by the system launcher and Treo Launcher saves a lot of work by using the system launcher application cache. That is also the reason why we need to Menu-L after installing new apps and manage categories via the system launcher but not within Treo Launcher.

I am not sure whether I can afford the time and effort needed for such undertaking. So I just dare not to start (the new version).

- status report 07/05/01 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke View Post
    is it possible to hide applications on my sd card or change their category? I have 9 applications on my card now that fit perfectly on my home launcher screen. However, I want to install a few more programs on my sd to play around with that I do not want on the home launcher screen. Any ideas?
    Per the FAQ at palmgadget.com:

How to categorize applications on card?
    - By default, all card applications are under Unfiled category.
    - (optionally) create a new cateogry name "+Card" to put all Unfiled applications into a single category
    - (optionally) create sub-folders inside /Palm/Launcher/ to group application on cards into different categories

So, on your SD card, create a subfolder under /Palm/Launcher/ titled "Unfiled", and place the applications that you don't want to show up in there.
    It would seem that since by default they are considered as Unfiled that you should not need to take this step unless you created the +Card category to get them to show up. I only played around with it enough by creating a +Card category to get them to show up and then created the Unfiled subfolder mentioned above to see if a certain app would not show up when placed in it. It worked.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/18/2007 at 07:38 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    awesome thanks, i couldnt find it in this thread
    I was able to change my icons but i have two additional questions. It seems u cannot change icons for apps that are on your SD card. Am i correct with this? I use linkstart to move apps to card and when it is on ram i see new icons but when it is on card it goes back to default icons

There is another program that i changed the icon to that lives on the RAM but now i want to change to another icon, i changed the new icon to the correct name and the old icon i added a "1" at the end of the name then refreshed icons. The icon change that i made did not take affect, still shows the last new one i had picked. How do u change icons to new ones once u have already picked a new one for them?
    I was able to change my icons but i have two additional questions. It seems u cannot change icons for apps that are on your SD card. Am i correct with this? I use linkstart to move apps to card and when it is on ram i see new icons but when it is on card it goes back to default icons

There is another program that i changed the icon to that lives on the RAM but now i want to change to another icon, i changed the new icon to the correct name and the old icon i added a "1" at the end of the name then refreshed icons. The icon change that i made did not take affect, still shows the last new one i had picked. How do u change icons to new ones once u have already picked a new one for them?
    Change the extension of the file.. If I want to try a second icon pic, but don't want to delete the first one, I rename the first one to Applicationname.orig (meaning, I change the extension from bmp, or gif, to orig).

As far as changing icons for applications on the card, I have never attempted this and can provide no help. Maybe try putting a + in front of the name??
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/18/2007 at 01:01 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    changing the extension worked...thanks

can u change icons for programs that begin with a number

i have 4cast, 4stocks and i cant change the icons to those programs

any luck....also with 2day and 2dial

i named them exactly has they appear and also tried without the number but no go.....
    Yes, I've successfully changed the icon for 2PlayMe. Name and capitalization matter (so I've heard), so make sure you are naming them correctly.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/19/2007 at 05:59 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    is there a 60 icon limit?

do your icons stay after a reset or you have to cache again?
    Last edited by italiangspot; 07/18/2007 at 03:27 PM.
    Have to reload them after a reset. Don't know about there being a limit, I only load 32.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Nacho how about a nice Miami Dolphins background. Not for treolauncher, but just a 320x320 image?
    Hey guys - I just got TL after trying and having no success with ZL.

Let me ask a couple questions:
    - where does one put new icons if we don't have a memory card?
    - in ABC mode I've made my Main category 16 icons and it fits just great at 4x4... but all the icons are slightly to the left. Can this be centered? phone is a 755p.
    - anything one can do about the top bar appearance? I'd love to make the bar all black with white text, and if I could, drop the category tab altogether.

Thanks
    Dave
    i have a treo 700p, thinking about switching to 755... hmmm

i think u def need a card to change your icons, some icons do not change, i
    am not sure why, like 4cast, 4stocka, 2day, butler....?

i dont think u can center the icons more, do not see any options to do that

top bar appearance, that has been brought up but the palm device wasnt friendly with transparency up there
    Nacho, do you have a Redskins WP without the calendar shading? I'm switching my background in anticipation of the season and would like to use the same WP for phone and calendar....
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford