Page 57 of 131 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Didn't want to make the logo too small, and didn't want to lose the text, so this is what I came up with.. you'll just have to use 3 rows. Kind of did it in a hurry, so I can change something if you recommend it. Will get to England's at another time.
    Thanks NachoB - it's great!
    1.5 beta 2

• Added: Wallpaper (smaller than 64K) on SD card cached in RAM
    • Added: Chinese Lunar calendar
    • Added: Month view support 160x160 display (e.g. Treo 600)
    • Added: Launch DAs directly via MetaDA
    • Fixed: Refresh display after loading customized icons
    • Fixed: Fail to switch to 65536-color mode on Treo 650 CDMA devices
    • Fixed: Switch on device by Home button changes to next category (Treo 680 only)

To Support launching MetaDA directly in Treo Launcher hopefully extends functionalities (e.g. viewing available memory, battery information, preview schedules in Calendar) without adding much code.

Download MetaDA here: http://www.1src.com/freeware/index.php?cid=8

I am DA beginner. Hope that other long time DA users can share some experience and recommend some good DAs.

p.s. I have create a blog for palmgadget.com: http://palmgadget.blogspot.com/ and will post updates. Please use the RSS feed as update notifications and so I can minimize the security risk of maintaining a mailing list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nice! Installing now.

duke
    Here is a large list of DAs
    http://stdk.de/da/links.html
    All that Jazz
    Ok, I don't get it, I know very, very little about DA's, but I installed the new version and MetaDA, so you can open the clock when in Treo Launcher, but so what? How do you use DA's in other apps. Sorry to sound dumb! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Ok, I don't get it, I know very, very little about DA's, but I installed the new version and MetaDA, so you can open the clock when in Treo Launcher, but so what? How do you use DA's in other apps. Sorry to sound dumb! :-)
    MetaDA in Treo Launcher does not serve as a general DA launcher (there are already many great options). Instead, it may help answer a few feature requests, e.g.:

- View Calender events in Treo Launcher
    - View free memory and card storage
    - View detail battery information
    - ... etc.

For example, to view Calender events via Misosiru DA:

Such that I don't have to reinvent the wheel and keep the program size reasonably small.
    FWIW, I would like to see these features incorporated into the launcher, i.e. the ability to show calendar events and memory. It looks awkward to have to go to Menu/MetaDA/Misosiru, when I can already simply press the Datebook button. Or go to Menu/MetaDA/CoolDAs, as opposed to showing it next to the battery level.

Even ZLauncher doesn't show Calendar events in a very appealing way, and this could be a real selling point. Well, for me anyway!

I would also like to have the ability to change application names as they appear in the launcher... I wouldn't mind sacrificing a little memory for it.

Does anyone else agree with these suggestions?
    Last edited by rossarnie; 03/17/2007 at 01:48 PM.
    I've been using treo launcher for a while. how do you get the icons to show up at the bottom?
    thanks
    Matty
    Menu-Toggle-Recent Apps
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Menu-Toggle-Recent Apps
    Or press the "Enter" (Return) key.
    I didn't realize that Enter key toggled the display!

I typically have the display turned on. In that case, Enter key switches the focus to the 1st application in the Recent Apps toolbar (at the bottom) and lets you scroll to the right-left.

The amount of features you have packed into this 78K code is amazing.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    1.5 beta 2

• Added: Wallpaper (smaller than 64K) on SD card cached in RAM
    • Added: Chinese Lunar calendar
    • Added: Month view support 160x160 display (e.g. Treo 600)
    • Added: Launch DAs directly via MetaDA
    • Fixed: Refresh display after loading customized icons
    • Fixed: Fail to switch to 65536-color mode on Treo 650 CDMA devices
    • Fixed: Switch on device by Home button changes to next category (Treo 680 only)

To Support launching MetaDA directly in Treo Launcher hopefully extends functionalities (e.g. viewing available memory, battery information, preview schedules in Calendar) without adding much code.

... (quote trimmed to save space) ...

I am DA beginner. Hope that other long time DA users can share some experience and recommend some good DAs.
    Horace:

Thank you for continuing to improve TL's functionality without sacrificing speed or size. My favorite improvement in 1.5 beta 2 is the ability to use the Home key to turn on my 680 without causing the category to change. I'm also looking forward to trying the upcoming Plug-ins feature. I hope you will be able to incorporate plug-ins for 4Cast and Resco Backup.

The new MetaDA feature also seems to work well, but I will continue to use McPhling as my DA launcher mainly for the ability to popup the DA launcher from any screen (do not wish to return to the TL screen prior to launching a DA). The ability to launch a DA from any screen is especially important with a DA like ScreenDumpDA by Alex Pruss since this DA creates a screen capture of the current display.

Question - How does one view the new Chinese Lunar Calendar feature?

Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    I would also like to have the ability to change application names as they appear in the launcher... I wouldn't mind sacrificing a little memory for it.

Does anyone else agree with these suggestions?
    I would also like the ability to change app names as they appear in the launcher, but only if there is no significant impact to the size or speed of TL. In the meantime, you can use a separate utility to change the names. ChangeMe is a good freeware option. I am currently using a feature in Resco Explorer to change app names.
    What DA's is everyone using? I've spent a few hours searching for DA's this morning and most seem overly simple and useless. Not to mention very old.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    What DA's is everyone using? I've spent a few hours searching for DA's this morning and most seem overly simple and useless. Not to mention very old.
    I like the On Demand (Handmark Pocket Express) program. It gives me one stop shopping for all my news, weather, sports, DA, maps, TV Guide and such. (Yes, all it does is free elsewhere on the web.) I believe it has a free 30 day trial if you want to compare to the free programs. . . .

EDIT: Ooops, sorry Peter!
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/20/2007 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I like the On Demand (Handmark Pocket Express) program. It gives me one stop shopping for all my news, weather, sports, DA, maps, TV Guide and such. (Yes, all it does is free elsewhere on the web.) I believe it has a free 30 day trial if you want to compare to the free programs. . . .
    I'm was asking about desk accessories to use with MetaDA. Here's an old thread I found with popular DA's.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...sk+accessories
    Nutsnbolts supplied a link to a very large selection of DAs in post #1124 above.

I once had dozens of DAs installed on my 650, but I decided to be more selective about what I chose to install on my 680. Currently, I am only using 3 DAs -

ScreenDumpDA
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=124548

daMemoPad
    http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/palm/damepd.html

IRSwitch
    http://forum.brighthand.com/showpost...6&postcount=66
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Or press the "Enter" (Return) key.
    wow... been searching for this feature for ages... finding this solution is the best this that happened to me today.
    Thanks a ton for this wonderful application Horace ... keep it going
    Nachob...
    thanks for the awesome job with the wallpapers ... can u please make some for the ladies too ... i like sports.. but can't live with it all the time... and kitty is cute.. but i'd prefer flowers or muppets on my phone ...
    Please pretty please

cheers,
    Sparkz
    Aren't DA's suppose to potentially cause instability by staying in the memory (sort of like TSR in DOS) and risk getting flushed with the NVFS cache?

I'm not saying all DA's. But maybe we should identify DA's written specifically for NVFS systems....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Best launcher ever! I'd like to make a request to add a scroll bar please. I'm on my 4th page of apps and a scroll bar would come in handy by quickly identifying which page Im on and changing to the correct page with the app I'm looking for. Thanks!