Page 51 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2602
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    where is this benchmark app?
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    where is this benchmark app?
    The benchmark runs by itself as soon as you enter Treo Launcher. Look carefully in the lower left hand corner as TL starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by alblanco00 View Post
    Please help, all of my wallpapers appear in as dithered low-res. Treo Launchers preview will show the wallpaper properly, and all other apps on the treo use hi-res.
    First of all, welcome to the forums. Very cool that this is your first post...

Now, to answer your question, there are a few things that would really help:
    (1) What is your PDA? Treo 600, or Treo 650, or Treo 700p, etc.
    (2) What version of Treo Launcher are you using? Horace just posted a 1.5 Beta. While it provides a good opportunity for users to help him advance the program, using a Beta is generally a bad idea if you insist that the program "work". For example, 1.4 does most of what I need, so I've yet to install the 1.5 Beta.
    (3) Can you post a copy of the wallpaper here?
    (4) What specifically are "all other apps"? Some programs - like UniCMD - aren't all that accurate.

Here are a few guesses/solutions:
    • You have a Treo 600. Solution: Get a 650. They're cheap, very well supported, and are equal to the newer models in nearly every way.
    • Perhaps something funky is going on with your Album system. Do you take a lot of photos? Do you store them on your SD Card? In general, I'm a big fan of going in with FileZ and deleting everything in the \DCIM\ folder that ends in ".db" (including subfolders). What few problems I've had with Treo Launcher are fix-able via this method.
    • What format is your background in? All wallpapers I use are in .jpg, and all work flawlessly. I can't testify to other formats, although I believe it is addressed in the FAQ (which I can't get to at this moment). A few very talented artists have posted some sample backgrounds you can use to test.
    • What folder are you storing them in? Creating a subfolder in \DCIM\ - I use "\DCIM\Display\" - might help.
    • As Rock pointed out earlier, Camera might be the cause of these problems. I'm willing to bet that this is one of Palm's flakier programs as some Treos have cameras while others do not.

Hope this helps. Treo Launcher is worth the frustration you must be experiencing right now.
    Horace,
    When an icon is tapped in the 123-Cal mode, during the time the program loads, the calendar and the icons are blanked currently. Those wallpapers which have the calendar shadow show up. Do you think it will be better if you blank out the icons alone and not the calendar?
    Thanks
    All that Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by Abecedarian View Post
    A few quick suggestions for 1.5:
    • Deleting the file "Album.db" in the DCIM/Icon folder solves the funky-icon-background bug caused by changing an icon but keeping the same name. Perhaps automate this process.
    • Why not have it search both DCIM/Icon and DCIM/Icons folders? Would save you some space in the FAQ!
    • Is there any way to have the Wallpaper section sort by name, rather than date? Also, is there a way to have it default to a folder named "Wallpaper" insted of the "All" option that causes icons to be listed as viable background images?

Sorry these are a bit last-minute, so close to the actual release!

Edit: Another suggestion - after much frustration I've concluded that the wallpaper list sorts first by folder, and then by creation (or modification) date. Or something like that. Either way, it also drives me nuts - my newest backgrounds are the furthest down!

Also, there is something to be said for using \Palm\Programs\TreoLauncher (or something similar) as the location for these folders. The disadvantage, of course, is that using DCIM makes it easier to take photos and turn them into backgrounds, while the above alternative location is a pain to find. Still, seeing my icons listed as wallpapers is quite annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    I believe viewing (accidently) the icons via the treo camera app (and possibly via the media app although i did not try this) also corrupts the icons (causing the background to be distorted). Perhaps if the icons (and perhaps the wallpaper) could be in their own directory like "palm/treolauncher".
    Let both "Icons and Icon" work. In fact, I have written the code but hided it, to save a few bytes for the program-size-concerned users

I'll delete "Album.db" in next beta, instead of moving the icons out of the /DCIM/ folder. Previewing/managing icons and wallpaper by the built-in Media (Pics) app is still convenient.

For wallpaper, I create "albums" (sub-folders) to speed up the preview process, e.g. a Phone folder under /DCIM/ to store wallpaper for the Phone app, a Sport folder for NachoB's great artwork, a Wallpaper folder for other 320x320 wallpaper ...

Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1 View Post
    Horace: Does the previous version need to be uninstalled prior to installing the new version? I attempted to install 1.5 beta 1 over my existing version via HotSync. The first attempt resulted in an error message of "Protocol Error: File already exists.". I changed the name of the prc file and tried again, but received the same error message. I decided to just uninstall the old version and try again. This time, the HotSync worked fine and the new version was installed. I've installed many versions of TL before and don't recall ever seeing this problem.

Regarding benchmarks, these are my results when navigating from the default Palm Applications launcher to TL:

0000 allocate
    0041 initialize
    0060 start

My Treo is an unlocked 680 with TL set as my default launcher. I have an 8 GB, class 2, SDHC card inserted and nearly filled to capacity. I also have about 80 third party apps including many things that run in the background. As for wallpapers, I have a separate one designated for each TL mode.
    In my testing, 1.5 beta 1 can be installed directly over 1.4. Deleting the old one is ok, Preferences are lost though.

Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
    Horace,
    When an icon is tapped in the 123-Cal mode, during the time the program loads, the calendar and the icons are blanked currently. Those wallpapers which have the calendar shadow show up. Do you think it will be better if you blank out the icons alone and not the calendar?
    Thanks
    Oops, I didn't notice that. Will fix it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by alblanco00 View Post
    Please help, all of my wallpapers appear in as dithered low-res. Treo Launchers preview will show the wallpaper properly, and all other apps on the treo use hi-res.
    sprint 650?

if so see page 42 of this thread....
    Hi Horace,

most wanted Feature Request from the german Users for 1.5 :

- Always use Category "all" or Disable Category Function
    - Always start in Category "xxx"
    - Auto-Rescan after Hotsync
    - Auto-Rescan after Data Input from IR or Bt
    - App List also in a Listview with small Icons like Initiate from http://www.hobbyist.com

Any hope for this in the Future ?
    B@tze - Der Blog

""Miembro orgulloso del grupo de usuarios Palm de Palma de Mallorca""

Free Tibet !
    Quote Originally Posted by B@tze View Post
    Hi Horace,

most wanted Feature Request from the german Users for 1.5 :

- Always use Category "all" or Disable Category Function
    - Always start in Category "xxx"
    - Auto-Rescan after Hotsync
    - Auto-Rescan after Data Input from IR or Bt
    - App List also in a Listview with small Icons like Initiate from http://www.hobbyist.com

Any hope for this in the Future ?
    First two are planned.

Treo Launcher depends on the system launcher's application database. One way to enable auto-rescan is to run the system launcher automatically after hotsync or IR/BT ... not sure whether there is any app out there already did this (auto-run a particular program after a hotsync)...

List view needs more work. Maybe in a later version...
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    not sure whether there is any app out there already did this (auto-run a particular program after a hotsync)...
    Horace and group...

Love Treo Launcher. Keep up the great work.

The utility you are seeking is freeware and is called SyncBack. It resides in the Preferences and allows you to automatically run a program after a hotsync. It is available at PalmGear.

Hope this helps.

Kraig
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    sprint 650?

if so see page 42 of this thread....
    Not a good answer. In have my TreoCentral options set to show 40 posts per page, so I only have a total of 26 pages.. Guess I'll have to wait a while till we reach 42 pages for the final answer to this
    Quote Originally Posted by kpritts View Post
    Horace and group...

Love Treo Launcher. Keep up the great work.

The utility you are seeking is freeware and is called SyncBack. It resides in the Preferences and allows you to automatically run a program after a hotsync. It is available at PalmGear.

Hope this helps.

Kraig
    Thanks, Kraig.

It will serve the "auto-refresh" purpose if SyncBack can start the system launcher after a Hotsync. Too bad, system launcher (Applications) is not a choice in the SynBack list.
    Attached is Apps. It does nothing more than only starting the system launcher. So that it will show up that in SyncBack list.

Now, users who want application auto-refresh can:

- install SyncBack
    - open Preferences -> SyncBack
    - Enable it
    - Select "Back to specified application" option
    - Select "Apps" from the list

Hope it helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by horace; 03/05/2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Attachment uploaded
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not a good answer. In have my TreoCentral options set to show 40 posts per page, so I only have a total of 26 pages.. Guess I'll have to wait a while till we reach 42 pages for the final answer to this

you've got a point lol I guess I should have said post #826 of this thread
    When I run Astraware Hammerhead 1.0 from card, TL copies the main prog but not the music pdb file. Music doesn't play in the game.

If I run it from the default launcher I can hear music.
    All that Jazz
    Hey nutsnbolts, could you let us have a 320x320 version of your avatar, so we can use it as a background? It's great!
    Oops. sorry... Dont remember where I got it and the one I have is 100x100 only and blurs too much if I scale it.
    All that Jazz
    Oh well, thanks anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    my wallpapers look grainey now, and I don't know why, I've tried all the versions of treo launcher with the same results... before I do a hard reset, does anybody have any ideas how to fix my problem

stewie background over a month ago
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_ryd...wscreencap.jpg

stewie background now
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/Note.jpg

my other background programs...
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/Note1.jpg...http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/Note2.jpg

as you can see this problem is limited to treo launcher, none of my other programs(calendar/dialbyhoto) that use wallpapers have this problem... I'm guessing theres some kind of conflict causing the problem
    For a free solution to this problem, get Colorize: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-209.html