Page 50 of 131 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2602
  1. #981  
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfrog View Post
    edit: I'm thinking now that the chat icon doesn't quite fit. It's super close, but for some reason it stands out.. Any idea why?
    Try this one for Chat.

    Edit: made a very minor change at 11:48am (added a white border at the top).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NachoB; 02/28/2007 at 10:51 AM.
  2. enilm's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    #982  
    Damn it I can't get that Snap program to work. I want to take a screenshot of my phone. Is there any other programs I can do this with?
  3. #983  
    Quote Originally Posted by enilm View Post
    Damn it I can't get that Snap program to work. I want to take a screenshot of my phone. Is there any other programs I can do this with?
    What kind of problem are you having with snap?
    This can also be done with PdaReach, a product of junefabrics.com

    Screenshot of my Launcher screen
    http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/574683.jpg

    Are you guys using Fontsmoother to change the fonts on the screen?
  4. razorfrog's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #984  
    I figured out how to make them and did this: feel free to use it.
    Thanks for the other ones though!

    http://maxelman.com/uploads/Chat.gif
  5. gruswitz's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #985  
    Razorfrog, I like your chat icon best. Well done.

    NachoB, could you share that Contacts icon?
  6. razorfrog's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #986  
    I tried fontsmoother, but I couldn't get any good fonts really. I ended up uninstalling it and just using the default - it's not too bad.
  7. #987  
    Quote Originally Posted by gruswitz View Post
    Razorfrog, I like your chat icon best. Well done.

    NachoB, could you share that Contacts icon?
    Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NachoB; 02/28/2007 at 01:39 PM.
  8. #988  
    Here are 18 random wallpapers. Most are just resized versions of wallpapers I have on my laptop.

    Here are my favorites. All 18 can be downloaded in a zip file from the dowload link at the bottom.

    http://visitechsolutions.com/download/bAurora.jpg

    http://visitechsolutions.com/download/mac2.jpg

    http://visitechsolutions.com/download/Road2.jpg

    http://visitechsolutions.com/downloa...reamjpgqv5.jpg


    Download all 18 here: Download
    Last edited by rich_75035; 02/28/2007 at 09:21 PM.
  9. #989  
    Quote Originally Posted by gruswitz View Post
    The trick with the transparent icons appears to be two fold:
    1) true black or true white is interpreted as transparent, so I darkened or lightened in Photoshop to get rid of any rgb 0 0 0 or 255 255 255.
    2) The colorspace seems to be limited. Once exceeding some limit, pixels of unknown colors are apparently assigned to be transparent. As a result some images that I scaled down to 48x48 pixels that looked fine on the computer as swaths of transparent pixels that I could not seem to eliminate.
    Wonderful job! Simple backgrounds meant to compliment quality icons is def. the way to go. I particularly love your "Card Info3.gif" and "GoogleMaps2.gif" icons!

    Two quick comments about transparency:
    2) .gifs are limited in the max number of colors, 256 to be exact. .bmp has 65,536 colors and def. is the way to go.
    1) Transparency is determined by the far upper-left corner pixel. Any other pixel sharing the color is treated as transparent. If you use .gif you're certain to have colors in your icon treated as transparent (assuming you convert to .gif before dying your background). The best way to avoid this is to use .bmp instead. I'm a big fan of the background color (rgb 255 98 218) as I've never found a shared pixel!


    I have a script for the gimp that quickly turns any .png icon into a .bmp w/ the appropriately changed background color. The script should be released w/ Treo Launcher version 1.5 as well as a complete translation of an icon set (not Crystal).

    I've attached a few screenshots from my own Treo. Most of icons are from the Crystal Clear set. I only did a mediocre job translating them as the best transparency threshold to use varies from icon to icon (I applied a poor choice to all icons shown). For example the flag in qZenith (KeyContacts) should have every partially transparent icon kept, while something like Plucker requires a very particular choice. Hopefully somebody will be able to go through and do a few of these icons one by one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10. #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_75035 View Post
    Here are 18 random wallpapers. Most are just resized versions of wallpapers I have on my laptop.

    Here are my favorites. All 18 can be downloaded in a zip file from the dowload link at the bottom.

    Download all 18 here: Download
    Thanks, but the download link isn't working for me...
  11. #991  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Thanks, but the download link isn't working for me...
    Seems to work just fine..
  12. #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_75035 View Post
    Seems to work just fine..
    Now working for me too - it pays to complain!
  13. #993  
    Version 1.5 beta 1 (Benchmark version)

    Before proceed to some 'real' new features, first few beta of 1.5 will try to clear up a few popular issues. In this beta, there is a benchmark figure to show how long Treo Launcher takes to initialize. This may help to measure how 'slow' the startup is on different devices in different scenario (e.g. card inserted or not, number of apps on card, wallpaper used or not, etc.). On my 680, I found the start delay varies among starting TL from different programs.

    What's new:

    • Added: Wallpaper (smaller than 64K) on SD card cached in RAM
    • Added: Chinese Lunar calendar
    • Fixed: Refresh display after loading customized icons
    • Fixed: Fail to switch to 65536-color mode on Treo 650 CDMA devices

    After selecting a new wallpaper jpeg from card, it will be cached in main memory. Such that wallpapers are still available after the card is removed. The cached jpeg files are named Wallpaper.123 and Wallpaper.abc for mode [123] and [abc] respectively.

    Note: beta software, please use with caution.

    Thanks
  14. #994  
    Treo Launcher 1.5 beta 1
    Attached Files Attached Files
  15. #995  
    Benchmark Values of my 680 :

    First Start of TL after Update/Hotsync = 104
    Next Start of TL from System Launcher = 70 / 71
    B@tze - Der Blog

    ""Miembro orgulloso del grupo de usuarios Palm de Palma de Mallorca""

    Free Tibet !
  16. #996  
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Version 1.5 beta 1 (Benchmark version)

    Before proceed to some 'real' new features, first few beta of 1.5 will try to clear up a few popular issues. In this beta, there is a benchmark figure to show how long Treo Launcher takes to initialize. This may help to measure how 'slow' the startup is on different devices in different scenario (e.g. card inserted or not, number of apps on card, wallpaper used or not, etc.). On my 680, I found the start delay varies among starting TL from different programs.

    What's new:

    • Added: Wallpaper (smaller than 64K) on SD card cached in RAM
    • Added: Chinese Lunar calendar
    • Fixed: Refresh display after loading customized icons
    • Fixed: Fail to switch to 65536-color mode on Treo 650 CDMA devices

    After selecting a new wallpaper jpeg from card, it will be cached in main memory. Such that wallpapers are still available after the card is removed. The cached jpeg files are named Wallpaper.123 and Wallpaper.abc for mode [123] and [abc] respectively.

    Note: beta software, please use with caution.

    Thanks
    A few quick suggestions for 1.5:
    • Deleting the file "Album.db" in the DCIM/Icon folder solves the funky-icon-background bug caused by changing an icon but keeping the same name. Perhaps automate this process.
    • Why not have it search both DCIM/Icon and DCIM/Icons folders? Would save you some space in the FAQ!
    • Is there any way to have the Wallpaper section sort by name, rather than date? Also, is there a way to have it default to a folder named "Wallpaper" insted of the "All" option that causes icons to be listed as viable background images?


    Sorry these are a bit last-minute, so close to the actual release!


    Edit: Another suggestion - after much frustration I've concluded that the wallpaper list sorts first by folder, and then by creation (or modification) date. Or something like that. Either way, it also drives me nuts - my newest backgrounds are the furthest down!

    Also, there is something to be said for using \Palm\Programs\TreoLauncher (or something similar) as the location for these folders. The disadvantage, of course, is that using DCIM makes it easier to take photos and turn them into backgrounds, while the above alternative location is a pain to find. Still, seeing my icons listed as wallpapers is quite annoying.
    Last edited by Abecedarian; 03/03/2007 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Another suggestion...
  17. #997  
    Horace: Does the previous version need to be uninstalled prior to installing the new version? I attempted to install 1.5 beta 1 over my existing version via HotSync. The first attempt resulted in an error message of "Protocol Error: File already exists.". I changed the name of the prc file and tried again, but received the same error message. I decided to just uninstall the old version and try again. This time, the HotSync worked fine and the new version was installed. I've installed many versions of TL before and don't recall ever seeing this problem.

    Regarding benchmarks, these are my results when navigating from the default Palm Applications launcher to TL:

    0000 allocate
    0041 initialize
    0060 start

    My Treo is an unlocked 680 with TL set as my default launcher. I have an 8 GB, class 2, SDHC card inserted and nearly filled to capacity. I also have about 80 third party apps including many things that run in the background. As for wallpapers, I have a separate one designated for each TL mode.
  18. #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abecedarian View Post
    A few quick suggestions for 1.5:
    • Deleting the file "Album.db" in the DCIM/Icon folder solves the funky-icon-background bug caused by changing an icon but keeping the same name. Perhaps automate this process.
    • Why not have it search both DCIM/Icon and DCIM/Icons folders? Would save you some space in the FAQ!
    • Is there any way to have the Wallpaper section sort by name, rather than date? Also, is there a way to have it default to a folder named "Wallpaper" insted of the "All" option that causes icons to be listed as viable background images?


    Sorry these are a bit last-minute, so close to the actual release!
    I believe viewing (accidently) the icons via the treo camera app (and possibly via the media app although i did not try this) also corrupts the icons (causing the background to be distorted). Perhaps if the icons (and perhaps the wallpaper) could be in their own directory like "palm/treolauncher".
  19. #999  
    btw treolauncher is a terrific app. keep up the great work
  20. #1000  
    Please help, all of my wallpapers appear in as dithered low-res. Treo Launchers preview will show the wallpaper properly, and all other apps on the treo use hi-res.

Posting Permissions