Page 49 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999 ... LastLast
    make sure the folder is named icon, not icons...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Yep I made sure of that too, but it still won't work.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The name of the icon file has to be EXACTLY the same as the name of the application displayed on the screen. So "Calc.gif" will work where "calc.gif" will not. Make sure they have the identical name including capitalization and spaces. Let us know if it works.
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Yeah I finally got it thanks. I actually connected my card to my card reader and did it on the computer. Changing the file name on filez doesn't work, you have to actually do it on the computer.

I'm actually doing my like the iphone look. How do you take a picture of the screen to show it?
    Decided to play around with icons and just wanted to share rather than keep to myself. Nothing new here that you won't find on the web sites previouly listed for icons, except for five I created that I couldn't find good replacements for (Bluetooth, Card Reader, Card Info, Google Maps, and HotSync w/out the shadow).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NachoB; 02/26/2007 at 01:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by enilm View Post
    Yeah I finally got it thanks. I actually connected my card to my card reader and did it on the computer. Changing the file name on filez doesn't work, you have to actually do it on the computer.

I'm actually doing my like the iphone look. How do you take a picture of the screen to show it?
    Palm app called Snap. Freeware.
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Sorry for the stupid question, but where is hard key 5 and hard key 6?
    Changed Card Reader and Documents icons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Here are some of the ones I've done for checkbook, sounds, security, and destaller.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    First off, I love the simplicity of this launcher. Kudos!

I was a little frustrated with transparent icons so I did some Photoshop work and cleaned up existing icons already posted. I also created a few new ones. The icons aren't perfect, but they look good on almost any background color.

I also created a bunch of wallpapers. I prefer the abc mode, so these are not really made for the 123 mode. My wife needed wallpaper choices as well, so these are not sports related.

I hope these are useful for others.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    VERY impressive.... THANK YOU Gruswitz
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    VERY impressive.... THANK YOU Gruswitz
    Agreed. Very nice indeed.

d-
    Using Treo Launcher 1.4. I was fooling around and noticed that if I change my Colour Theme (in Prefs), it no longer sticks. When I push the Home button, my original theme is loaded again. I am unable to change the theme in TL Color option as well. Anyone else experiencing similar?
    Cheers,
    Graham
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The trick with the transparent icons appears to be two fold:
    1) true black or true white is interpreted as transparent, so I darkened or lightened in Photoshop to get rid of any rgb 0 0 0 or 255 255 255.
    2) The colorspace seems to be limited. Once exceeding some limit, pixels of unknown colors are apparently assigned to be transparent. As a result some images that I scaled down to 48x48 pixels that looked fine on the computer as swaths of transparent pixels that I could not seem to eliminate.

I'm glad the icons and wallpapers may be of use to others. Thanks.
    thanks gruswitz love the little watermelon icon lol
    I love funky colorfull wacky/unusual icons but have no clue how to make them lol
    A great set! Thank you, Gruswitz.

I found icons usually look better on a lighter background. One of my favorite is attached.

Also updated FAQ 8 to link to the icon set.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    is there any way to rename (or really rename the reference) apps inside Treo Launcher? Or another app?

edit: I made a working solution with TealAlias and Invisible.. Make custom named shortcuts to apps, then hide the old ones. Works well, just a bit odd. I'd still be open to any other ideas. (But it does look damn good - I'll post a screenshot once I figure out how)

also, would it be possible for someone to make me a matching iphone-esque icon for a chat program? perhaps the little aim yellow guy on a colored square background?

that would rock so much.
    Last edited by razorfrog; 02/28/2007 at 03:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Gruswitz...great job.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfrog View Post
    is there any way to rename (or really rename the reference) apps inside Treo Launcher? Or another app?

also, would it be possible for someone to make me a matching iphone-esque icon for a chat program? perhaps the little aim yellow guy on a colored square background?

that would rock so much.
    I was curious to give this a try so, how about these?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Awesome! Thanks! Here's what I put together:

http://maxelman.com/uploads/Snap-C20A8D8E.bmp

edit: I'm thinking now that the chat icon doesn't quite fit. It's super close, but for some reason it stands out.. Any idea why?
    Last edited by razorfrog; 02/28/2007 at 04:58 AM.