Page 46 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Thanks for the great icons in right size.. here is what I tried this morning:

http://palmgadget.com/image/Lnchr_icon_abc.gif

[ABC] mode, 4 columns

horace is there a way for you to put different icons (like you did with the WP) in your TL site for customers to chose?

Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    horace is there a way for you to put different icons (like you did with the WP) in your TL site for customers to chose?
    I am not sure whether the original license allows me to host the icons on my site. I attach those I picked in a zip.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    This is a nice trick! White icon text, never thought of.
    I am not sure whether the original license allows me to host the icons on my site. I attach those I picked in a zip.

Once again you come thru.

R1_Rydah - can you post your wallpaper file for general consumption?
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    I have read pages 43 thru 46, and I'm starting to scratch my head. I can't seem to change the icon image. Everytime I tap on the icon option, nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
    R1_Rydah - can you post your wallpaper file for general consumption?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I agree that those first set of icons are beautiful! I hope you can get the big files looking as nice..... good luck!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    now, MDLissner - please post Your Icons!!! They look sweet!
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    icons????
    PLEASE, pretty please R1_Rydah???
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    I didn't bother to clean the edges up, so they will only look ok with a white background
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Abecedarian, the links to our kguitar icons aren't coming up. Please repost them so I can take a look at the difference between DO8's and the Gimp's transparency.

d-
    Fixed. I had already deleted the Green/Pink easymoblog and am feeling too lazy to do it again. easymoblog.gif is a little harder to make out than the one with bright highlights, but not that difficult overall!

It is unclear what license these are covered only, but the author and license holder posted them as LGPL some time ago.

LGPL stands for "GNU Lesser General Public License", and a precise legal definition can be found here. This is addresses the heart of your concern:
    2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Library or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Library, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:
    • a) The modified work must itself be a software library.
    • b) You must cause the files modified to carry prominent notices stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.
    • c) You must cause the whole of the work to be licensed at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.
    • d) If a facility in the modified Library refers to a function or a table of data to be supplied by an application program that uses the facility, other than as an argument passed when the facility is invoked, then you must make a good faith effort to ensure that, in the event an application does not supply such function or table, the facility still operates, and performs whatever part of its purpose remains meaningful.

(For example, a function in a library to compute square roots has a purpose that is entirely well-defined independent of the application. Therefore, Subsection 2d requires that any application-supplied function or table used by this function must be optional: if the application does not supply it, the square root function must still compute square roots.)

These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the Library, and can be reasonably considered independent and separate works in themselves, then this License, and its terms, do not apply to those sections when you distribute them as separate works. But when you distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a work based on the Library, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms of this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the entire whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.

Thus, it is not the intent of this section to claim rights or contest your rights to work written entirely by you; rather, the intent is to exercise the right to control the distribution of derivative or collective works based on the Library.

In addition, mere aggregation of another work not based on the Library with the Library (or with a work based on the Library) on a volume of a storage or distribution medium does not bring the other work under the scope of this License.
    While this looks a bit complicated, one way to think of it is a weaker license than that used by Linux (that is, it places lighter restrictions and obligations on those copying it). Like the stronger GPL license, the basic theme is "give credit where it is due, and allow people to get free copies if they ask nicely" (disclaimer: I'm not an expert on this), with the real difference being that if you add something to the package, said addition remains the property of the person who owns it.

So, what you can't due is sell work and not give info for obtaining a free copy and/or fail to give the original author some credit. Developers like Shike Lin who don't follow through on thier obligations (here and here) basically have engaged in outright theft. Others who do meet their obligations - virtually every other mainstream Palm Launcher - are 100% okay for distributing their alterations (ZLauncher, IconsPlus, and Silverscreen)

As the author of the ZLauncher Crystal theme put it:
    THIS IS OFFICIAL KDE CRYSTAL THEME UNDER LICENCE OF CRYSTAL THEME CREATOR, EVERALDO, DONT BUY, OTHERS ARE ILLEGALS, BE FREE!
    Hope that helps. FYI, I'm gping to go back to my previous post, A Few Icons for Treo Launcher (Lnchr), and update "CrystalClear-Converted.zip' every now and then.
    Sorry to barge-in on this icon-intensive discussion.

Horace, are you working on other things of interest to those who don't plan to change any icons?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Horace, are you working on other things of interest to those who don't plan to change any icons?
    Yeah, Horace, what else besides icons is in the pipeline? Thanks!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Sorry to barge-in on this icon-intensive discussion.

LOL. I was thinking about making a similar post, but you took care of it for me.

I have no interest in changing icons either, but I can understand why other people may want the feature. I just hope that development on other features will continue forward as well. Kudos to Horace for striving to be so responsive to this community.
    We're just having fun. Certainly not intending to keep Horace from further development.

Quote Originally Posted by Abecedarian View Post
    FYI, I'm gping to go back to my previous post, A Few Icons for Treo Launcher (Lnchr), and update "CrystalClear-Converted.zip' every now and then.
    Here's a few more icons for those interested. Hope you like them! Abecedarian, feel free to add them to your thread.

d-
    Couple of screen shots.

d-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by duke duke; 02/14/2007 at 07:33 PM.
    our own themes?
    Re: aprasad, Rob_T and usskaos1,

Yes, I am working on 1.5 now but please don't hold your breath as Lunar New Year is approaching and those holiday parties are everywhere ...

Two main additions in 1.5 will be:

- plugin interface for adding addition information, e.g. weather forecast
    - search/filter for double-byte languages (e.g. GB encoded filenames)

Thanks