Page 44 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 2602
  1. #861  
    Horace,

    When I run an app from Card, during the time it takes to copy to the main RAM all other icons are disabled (this ofcourse is normal). But a split second before the app is executed, the battery icon flashes once. Any comments?
    All that Jazz
  2. #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
    Horace,

    When I run an app from Card, during the time it takes to copy to the main RAM all other icons are disabled (this ofcourse is normal). But a split second before the app is executed, the battery icon flashes once. Any comments?
    The battery icon is a system gadget, which is refreshed periodically by the system. It should be a normal icon redraw after the 'long' copying period.
  3. #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    I, too, am wondering if anyone is willing to share icons. Christo1970 did you ever find any?
    I was able to make a few of my own, but don't consider them "quality" enough to share at this point. Not hard to do if you get a few free images you like - try Gimp Portable (no installation required!) and a bunch of images you like.

    I've found that using images designed for icons to be best - and there are some very good icon sets out there for free, many available under GPL (for our purposes, "free"). Try searching for "Icons GPL", "Icons Linux", etc. Here are a few solid packs/lists to get started:


    Many of these come in .png format and have every icon in different sizes; I found 48px to work well. Perhaps somebody who understands how to run a batch process to convert an entire pack could post their results? Would be very appreciated by the rest of us who use Treo Launcher (aka Lnchr)!


    Here area few icon-related suggestions for the author:
    • Please include support for .png images - a great many free sets are based in this format (and apparently they are optimized for icon use).
    • The ability to deal w/ transparency is still iffy.
    • After a soft reset, the user must manually tell it to update icons. Would it be possible to have an option in preferences to auto-check the SD card upon startup?
    • Icons in \DCIM\Icons\ still appear in the wallpaper list. Perhaps wallpapers could have their own subfolder, eg, \DCIM\Wallpaper\?
  4. #864  
    Hi Horace

    Version 1.4 runs very well. Kudos!

    BTW I need a way to (Option)

    1.Remove Categories drop down from the screen so then it should show the "All" apps
    2. Utilize that space and show the Network name there instead of Categories.

    Cheers!
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
  5. #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abecedarian View Post
    Here area few icon-related suggestions for the author:
    • Please include support for .png images - a great many free sets are based in this format (and apparently they are optimized for icon use).
    • The ability to deal w/ transparency is still iffy.
    • After a soft reset, the user must manually tell it to update icons. Would it be possible to have an option in preferences to auto-check the SD card upon startup?
    • Icons in \DCIM\Icons\ still appear in the wallpaper list. Perhaps wallpapers could have their own subfolder, eg, \DCIM\Wallpaper\?
    1. png lib is not available for palm yet, sorry.
    2. Using the topleft pixel as the transparency color is the simplest option, as the Treo photo lib does not convert GIF transparency into BMP transparency automatically.
    3. Two users reported there was error when loading custom icons. I worried auto-loading the icons may put the program into infinite reset loop... I will wait for a few more releases before making it automatic.
    4. It's perfectly ok to put wallpaper in /DCIM/Wallpaper. Treo will treat that as an album.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandana View Post
    Hi Horace

    Version 1.4 runs very well. Kudos!

    BTW I need a way to (Option)

    1.Remove Categories drop down from the screen so then it should show the "All" apps
    2. Utilize that space and show the Network name there instead of Categories.

    Cheers!
    1. What if remove categories from the system launcher?
    2. Thanks for the suggestion. Probably as an option in the future.
  6. #866  

    1. What if remove categories from the system launcher?
    2. Thanks for the suggestion. Probably as an option in the future.
    Dear Horace,

    What did you mean by #1

    Anyway I ain't got any Categories in the Sys launcher. What I mean was, to remove the space taken by the drop down (arrow and the "All" lettering) from the screen. For Treos categories doesn't make much sense. So have it as an option for those who want it.

    Meanwhile is there a way to automatically load a random image from the DICM folder?
    If it is not much of a code bulk to implement can you please make it pick a random image from a folder. Since now most of us gotta multi-zillion of good wallpapers I guess it's better to be randomized. Don't you think?

    Cheers!
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
  7. #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandana View Post
    Dear Horace,

    What did you mean by #1

    Anyway I ain't got any Categories in the Sys launcher. What I mean was, to remove the space taken by the drop down (arrow and the "All" lettering) from the screen. For Treos categories doesn't make much sense. So have it as an option for those who want it.

    Meanwhile is there a way to automatically load a random image from the DICM folder?
    If it is not much of a code bulk to implement can you please make it pick a random image from a folder. Since now most of us gotta multi-zillion of good wallpapers I guess it's better to be randomized. Don't you think?

    Cheers!
    Oh.. got it.

    Sure, hiding "Category" and random wallpaper can be options, in a future version.
  8. #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    1. png lib is not available for palm yet, sorry.
    In that case we'll have to go about converting these all into gif. Not hard, but a bit time consuming.


    I've attached a few samples of some conversions that I ran. There are three gifs below - complete with the backgrounds properly altered (this looks a bit odd until you use them with Lnchr). If you want to get a feel for how they work with this program, move them into \DCIM\Icon\ and give it a try. I've also attached:
    • CrystalClear-Named.zip - Everything that I use on mine. All in .gif, all having the properly colored backgrounds, all named for the programs I associate them with.
    • CrystalClear-Converted.zip - a bigger set of converted images. Both the original .png and the converted and background-colored .gif, and named as per the original Crystal Clear pack. More icons in this pack.


    One quick suggestion for using these:
    • Be sure you don't have any icons in the folder that lack a corresponding installed program. I noticed that sometimes this caused the program to not do the transparency correctly for a number of the correct backgrounds. Another cause might be changing the icon for an app and not giving Lnchr a chance to realize the old one was deleted.
    • If you run into this problem - you'll know it when you see it - I was able to fix it by deleting \DCIM\Icon\Album.db.
    • Something else could be the cause of this, but be aware that reloading your icons or even restarting your Treo will not solve it alone. But don't worry, this doesn't effect anything outside of Treo Launcher (aka Lnchr) and is easy to fix.



    As mentioned in my above post, I would ask that somebody else do a full convert on these for the Crystal Clear pack and/or any of the other packs mentioned in my previous post. Here's a quick guide/list of suggestions:
    • Use the 48x48 icons - they fit very well as far as I can tell.
    • Be sure to color in the .gif's background transparency - the ultimate goal is to not have transparent backgrounds, which the Treo has trouble recognizing as transparent, and instead to have the background pixels in a color that isn't part of the actual icon. The pixel in the far upper left corner, as well as all other pixels sharing its color, are treated as transparent (making pure black or pure white the worst color choices!). These look amazing and are well worth the time spent coloring.
    • I found it best to (a) convert to gif, then close and reopen said gif in the Gimp, followed by (b) manually coloring in the backgrounds. I found that pure blue and pure red work great.
    • Change the background to a color different from those in the .gif. When you color in a transparent background - I always use the Bucket Fill and set Fill Type to BG color fill - it'll actually look like the color of the button, not the color you used to fill it with. For example, I used a blue BG color fill for Sounds.gif and Plucker.gif, and a red BG color fill for Phone.gif!
    • Changing the background grid size to small makes it easier to see what is transparent & needs to be colored in. In the Gimp, go to Preferences > Image Windows > Display > Check Size > Small to do this.


    I hope that people find this useful. And again, somebody please take them time to convert the entire set of these wonderful icons! Or, at the least, run a batch file to convert all the 48x48 .pngs into .gifs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Abecedarian; 02/14/2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added a few links, clarified how to use BG color fill. Clarified how to fix bug. 2007-02-14 - UPDATED CrystalClear-Converted.zip ICONS!
  9. #869  
    How can I say "thank you" more than "thank you" in English?

    Abecedarian, thank you very much!
  10. #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandana View Post
    For Treos categories doesn't make much sense. So have it as an option for those who want it.
    I am one of those who like and use Categories on my Treo 650.

    To control which applications (the ones I use a lot) show up in the 123 mode, I put them in a category by themselves.

    To access all applications, I have the abc mode set to show the All category.

    So, most of the time, my heavily used applications are displayed in TL. To get to others, I press the space bar.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  11. #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by psixichka View Post
    nothing happens when I tap icons that's why I thought i was doing something wrong
    Nothing happens here either.

    d-
  12. #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Nothing happens here either.

    d-
    False alarm. I had named the folder "Icons" on my SD card, instead of "Icon". Correcting this fixed the problem. Just a bit confusing because menu, launcher, "Icons" (with an 'S') begins the process.

    d
  13. #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abecedarian View Post
    In that case we'll have to go about converting these all into gif. Not hard, but a bit time consuming.


    I've attached a few samples of some conversions that I ran. There are three gifs below - complete with the backgrounds properly altered (this looks a bit odd until you use them with Lnchr). If you want to get a feel for how they work with this program, move them into \DCIM\Icon\ and give it a try. I've also attached:
    • CrystalClear-Named.zip - Everything that I use on mine. All in .gif, all having the properly colored backgrounds, all named for the programs I associate them with.
    • CrystalClear-Converted.zip - a bigger set of converted images. Both the original .png and the converted and background-colored .gif, and named as per the original Crystal Clear pack. More icons in this pack.


    One quick suggestion for using these:
    • Be sure you don't have any icons in the folder that lack a corresponding installed program. I noticed that sometimes this caused the program to not do the transparency correctly for a number of the correct backgrounds. If you run into this problem - you'll know it when you see it - I was able to fix it by deleting \DCIM\Icon\Album.db and \DCIM\Album.db.
    • Something else could be the cause/solution to this, but be aware that reloading your icons or even restarting your Treo will not solve it alone. But don't worry, this doesn't effect anything outside of Treo Launcher (aka Lnchr) and is easy to fix.



    As mentioned in my above post, I would ask that somebody else do a full convert on these for the Crystal Clear pack and/or any of the other packs mentioned in my previous post. Here's a quick guide/list of suggestions:
    • Use the 48x48 icons - they fit very well as far as I can tell.
    • Be sure to color in the .gif's background transparency. These look amazing and are well worth the time spent coloring.
    • I found it best to (a) convert to gif, then close and reopen said gif in the Gimp, followed by (b) manually coloring in the backgrounds. I found that pure blue and pure red work great.
    • Change the background to a color different from those in the .gif. When you color in a transparent background - I always use the Bucket Fill and set Fill Type to BG color fill - it'll actually look like the color of the button, not the color you used to fill it with. For example, I used a blue BG color fill for Sounds.gif and Plucker.gif, and a red BG color fill for Phone.gif!
    • Changing the background grid size to small makes it easier to see what is transparent & needs to be colored in. In the Gimp, go to Preferences > Image Windows > Display > Check Size > Small to do this.


    I hope that people find this useful. And again, somebody please take them time to convert the entire set of these wonderful icons! Or, at the least, run a batch file to convert all the 48x48 .pngs into .gifs.
    I'll say it too....THANK YOU!!

    d-
  14. #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abecedarian View Post
    I hope that people find this useful. And again, somebody please take them time to convert the entire set of these wonderful icons! Or, at the least, run a batch file to convert all the 48x48 .pngs into .gifs.

    Here is the 48X48 set converted to gif. The next post will include two zips containing the apps portion, which will complete the set.

    d-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by duke duke; 02/15/2007 at 06:03 AM.
  15. #875  
    Ok, here's the rest. This icon set looks fantastic. They are from the CrystalClear icon pack created by Everaldo Coelho for KDE. As mentioned above, I have converted the images to gif and will work on further adjusting them with transparency.

    d-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by duke duke; 02/15/2007 at 06:03 AM.
  16. #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I am one of those who like and use Categories on my Treo 650.

    To control which applications (the ones I use a lot) show up in the 123 mode, I put them in a category by themselves.

    To access all applications, I have the abc mode set to show the All category.

    So, most of the time, my heavily used applications are displayed in TL. To get to others, I press the space bar.
    Like aprasad, I also prefer to use categories with TL.

    I use the abc mode with a default category of All.

    For the 123 mode, I have a separate category setup where there is only a single application beginning with each letter. I use the freeware ChangeMe app to rename apps until I have 28 different beginning letters (A-Z plus the period and the zero). Coupled with TL's auto launching feature, this gives me the ability to launch 28 apps with a single key press (faster than the press and hold feature of Phone Favorites or third party apps like TypeRight).
  17. #877  
    lets see some screenshots using the icons...
  18. #878  
    thanks to you too dukeduke. Nice to see our community works to help eachother in all these different ways! KUDOS to you all!
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  19. #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    thanks to you too dukeduke. Nice to see our community works to help eachother in all these different ways! KUDOS to you all!
    Well thank you, but all I did was convert a bunch of png files to gif. I've attached an image to show how the icons look in our favorite Launcher. Notice the icon for pTunes. I put it there to illustrate how much better the icons converted and colored (transparency) by Abecedarian look by comparison. My pTunes icon has visible white "edges". Abecedarian's versions (Camera and Kinoma) seem to float on top of the wallpaper. I'll teach myself how to make icons transparent this weekend. In the meantime if anyone else has the time before then.....

    d
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    False alarm. I had named the folder "Icons" on my SD card, instead of "Icon". Correcting this fixed the problem. Just a bit confusing because menu, launcher, "Icons" (with an 'S') begins the process.

    d
    still nothing happens
    but thanks for clarifying

Posting Permissions