Page 43 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aguila1808 View Post
    How about these....

Taken from:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.c...allpaper.html#

Hope you like'em...

BTW:

Horace, very nice job keep it up... I just purchased this Launcher today... I'm very pleased with it....

Cheers
    Thank you! Of course, I like them. As a matter of fact, I love them afterall they're of UT! Is there any way a few could be done with the longhorn logo in the bottom right corner, a shadow in the calendar area, etc. I think this looks so kewl in 123 mode. I know, I know beggars shouldn't be choosers. But....

d-
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Treo Launcher does not monitor all application launching. As you mentioned, there are already great apps doing that, e.g. McPhling. Even better, Treo 680 has this built-in in OS. So, why re-invent the wheel?

For contacts, I am not sure what is the purpose of "launching a contact"? Treo Launcher is a launcher and so that may be something like "launching a sms message for this contact" or "launching the dialer and dial to this person" type of requirements. That will be another application, imho.
    Perhaps this is a signal to Horace to consider developing some companions apps to Treo Launcher.

I happen to like the fact that TL is fast and has a small footprint. On the other hand, I find that I need to supplement TL with features from McPhling (launch apps via a pop-up), ChangeMe (rename apps), and Phone Favorites (use a single key press to launch a website, text a person, email a person, or call a phone number). More comprehensive third party launchers have many of these features included, but the trade off is usually a large footprint and/or slow speeds due to HEDE impact.

My challenge to Horace is to see if he can build a better wheel. McPhling/LaunchAnywhere/HiLauncher are good pop-up launchers. Initiate/TypeRight/PhoneFavorites can launch a number of items besides regular apps. PhoneFavorites from the 680 seems less useful than the 650's version. Can you build something that's better, smaller, faster, or less expensive than the above examples?
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Thank you! Of course, I like them. As a matter of fact, I love them afterall they're of UT! Is there any way a few could be done with the longhorn logo in the bottom right corner, a shadow in the calendar area, etc. I think this looks so kewl in 123 mode. I know, I know beggars shouldn't be choosers. But....

d-
    Hi Duke Duke....

Glad you liked the backgrounds...

There's a BIG problem...

I'm not that good using Photoshop... In fact I'm trying to learn how to do those things you are asking for... And so far I'm not able to do it...

To do this backgrounds, the only thing I did is:

1.- Resize the wallpaper to 320X320 pixels
    2.- Apply a little bit of Hue/Saturation (Brightness) to the backgrounds...

That's all

As you can see, I did a very simple procedure to make this backgrounds. Maybe a member of the forum like NachoB could help you out with this one.

Sorry

Cheers
    Aguila1808
    Treo 680 - Treo 650 - Enfora Wi-Fi Sled - 2 SD Cards 1GB and 2GB

Quote Originally Posted by TreoEsquire View Post
    Is it possible to lock either the abc mode or 123 mode so that when you hit space bar it does not toggle them?

Also, Horace is it possible to add a "today" style plugin under the calendar in 123? Something that would show a few upcoming appts and tasks. It could take the place of the "month view."
    I am working on a plugin interface for 1.5 of TL and talking to one developer
    who may be interested to create a plugin for TL.

There is a list of request of "please add ___ under the calender" My concern is how to:

1 do it
    2 do it and TL still looks good
    3 do it and TL still looks good and the .prc size is still small

so I do what I can do: to employ a plugin interface such that features are
    optional. And, I need help for the "looks good" part. Some obvious features,
    simple as RAM information, are not done due to the fact that I cannot find
    a good (-looking) location on the screen to draw the information ... so any
    design suggestions (better as a screen shot, Photoshop, or MS Paint image)
    are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1 View Post
    Perhaps this is a signal to Horace to consider developing some companions apps to Treo Launcher.

I happen to like the fact that TL is fast and has a small footprint. On the other hand, I find that I need to supplement TL with features from McPhling (launch apps via a pop-up), ChangeMe (rename apps), and Phone Favorites (use a single key press to launch a website, text a person, email a person, or call a phone number). More comprehensive third party launchers have many of these features included, but the trade off is usually a large footprint and/or slow speeds due to HEDE impact.

My challenge to Horace is to see if he can build a better wheel. McPhling/LaunchAnywhere/HiLauncher are good pop-up launchers. Initiate/TypeRight/PhoneFavorites can launch a number of items besides regular apps. PhoneFavorites from the 680 seems less useful than the 650's version. Can you build something that's better, smaller, faster, or less expensive than the above examples?
    "A better wheel", love this term. Hope that I can do it and keep it running, well, well.

Thanks for the great feedback!
    The safest place for small icons representing RAM or # of e-mails or mute switch status etc is the white space besides the date that is shown in the 123 mode. It may detract from the elegant looks of the current calendar, but it will work with all of NachoB's wallpapers.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    In my Treo 650, if I use the Sounds application, change tones/volume and then click "Done", it exits to the native Palm Launcher instead of TL. Does this happen for everyone else?

Inserting the SD card goes to the native launcher also.
    Last edited by nutsnbolts; 02/07/2007 at 01:51 AM.
    All that Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
    In my Treo 650, if I use the Sounds application, change tones/volume and then click "Done", it exits to the native Palm Launcher instead of TL. Does this happen for everyone else?

Same result here, and I do have TL set as my default launcher.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post

Same here.

If I remember correctly, exiting Sounds while using Zlauncher yielded the same result; that it went back to the default (Palm) launcher.

It must be the Sound app. itself actually sending a command when exiting to run the Palm launcher.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Same here.

If I remember correctly, exiting Sounds while using Zlauncher yielded the same result; that it went back to the default (Palm) launcher.

It must be the Sound app. itself actually sending a command when exiting to run the Palm launcher.
    I use to have the same problem, but it was with any panel pref, not just sound. Now when I exit, I'm returned to TL looking at my nice wallpaper provided by aguila1808 ;-). I don't know what changed, but it works now.

d-

Correction....same behavior as you when selecting the sound (even bluetooth) icon. Behavior I described above when choosing from within prefs.
    Is this freeware/shareware with a donation etc? Or is the download only a trial? If so, how long is the trial for?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I noticed that it is not possible to put apps on the card into specific categories like you can in ZLauncher, Launcher X, etc. Is this a result of Lnchr being built on the default launcher (which is also not able to do this)?

Just curious.

HG...
    I seem unable to choose 'edit categories' from the TL screen. Do I have to return to the Palm default (shivers with the thought), however briefly, to add/delete categories?
    Cheers
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    You do have to return to the default launcher to edit categories. Horace is trying to change that in future versions, but isn't there yet.

You can put card apps in categories, but you have to move some files around first. Create a folder on the card under //palm/launcher with the name of the category you want the apps to appear in (ie. Main/Utilities). Then copy the app to that folder. It will then show up in that category in TreoLauncher at the end of the list starting with a "+" sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Is this freeware/shareware with a donation etc? Or is the download only a trial? If so, how long is the trial for?
    nagware = periodical reminder message.
    Hey Aguila1808, check out my new avatar !

Thanks again!!

d-
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Hey Aguila1808, check out my new avatar !

Thanks again!!

d-
    Nice!!!!!!!

You're welcome!!! Glad you liked them!!!
    Aguila1808
    Treo 680 - Treo 650 - Enfora Wi-Fi Sled - 2 SD Cards 1GB and 2GB

Somebody use TL and Butler (4) ?

With Butler enabled i often go to the Standart-Launcher after Exit an App.

When Butler Disabled, i ever return to Treo-Launcher .

Can you confirm this "Bug" ?
    B@tze - Der Blog

""Miembro orgulloso del grupo de usuarios Palm de Palma de Mallorca""

Free Tibet !
    I use both TL and Butler 4.0. I do not see this occur.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
    I use both TL and Butler 4.0. I do not see this occur.
    +1 No issues either...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    Is anyone willing to share some icons? Is there a place to post them? Send them to me please!
    I, too, am wondering if anyone is willing to share icons. Christo1970 did you ever find any?

d-