Page 42 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEsquire View Post
    I have been reading TreoCentral for a while now, although I don't post much. I love treo launcher. I have tried all the others but keep coming back to this one. I really like the ability to change icons. I found a good website with windows vista icons. They seem really nice. Go to vistaicons.com and download them. I am having a problem though. These icons are not in bmp or gif format. I converted them and managed to get them on my treo via palmgadget's instructions. However the icons are too big. Does anyone know the icon size for the treo? If so, how do you resize them to the proper size? Someone check out these icons (I think you'll like them) and help me out please.
    I found icon of 55 pixel wide and 45 pixel height will fix most of the time. One note, Treo Launcher will use the top left pixel as the transparency color.

Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    Again great job love the app if there was one thing I would like is that every time I update I have to put my registration # back in, not a bi deal but could that be fixed. I think this really says something about your app if that is my only problem. LOL
    Sorry for the trouble and probably this is the last time for the need to re-enter the number...

Thanks, for the _only_ complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    1.4 alpha 1

this is a very early beta which I better call it alpha....

In 1.4, I am going to add a few features, optimize the wallpaper loading time, a different color set for each mode, ...

The first feature takes me so long, a full whole week, to get around the technical issues and still keep the program size acceptable. So, here it is:

* customizable icons

This feature is inspired by NachoB's great wallpapers.

Personally, I don't like a theme set for a launcher. That takes the joy of customize the user interface from the majority. I am not sure about you, but sometimes all I want is: what if I can use the great icon on ___ site to replace this and ...

In 1.4, I try to make user-defined icons, open. So everyone can pick his/her favorite icons.

How it works:

1. Create a Icon folder in /DCIM/ on the card
    2. Put any .bmp or .gif image files inside the /DCIM/Icon folder
    3. Name the icon file (say, Prefs.gif or Calc.gif) same as the application name
    4. Run Menu -> Lnchr -> Icons once
    That's it.

Note: this is alpha software, so please keep the 1.3.1 version around in case you want to roll back. Since there are too many changes in data structure, preferences of 1.3.x are not kept in 1.4, or vice versa. Sorry about this, again.

That said, enjoy and share great icons Comments and suggestions are welcome.

I am confused about this last part in bold red

TIA

I am sorry about so many dumb questions
    Quote Originally Posted by psixichka View Post
    I am confused about this last part in bold red

TIA

I am sorry about so many dumb questions
    http://palmgadget.com/image/Lnchr_Icons.gif
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Horace:

Thanks for the sizing info. I am gonna have to find some new icons. The vista ones don't show up good on the treo. It might have something to do with the fact that they are png and ico images. I think when I convert them to gif or bmp and shrink them, the icons lose clarity. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEsquire View Post
    Horace:

Thanks for the sizing info. I am gonna have to find some new icons. The vista ones don't show up good on the treo. It might have something to do with the fact that they are png and ico images. I think when I convert them to gif or bmp and shrink them, the icons lose clarity. Any thoughts?
    .ico is too small (32x32).

too bad I don't have a mac to try those great icons from iconfactory.com. it seems to me the mac can scale icons to any size without losing clarity.
    my wallpapers look grainey now, and I don't know why, I've tried all the versions of treo launcher with the same results... before I do a hard reset, does anybody have any ideas how to fix my problem

stewie background over a month ago
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_ryd...wscreencap.jpg

stewie background now
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/Note.jpg

my other background programs...
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/Note1.jpg...http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/Note2.jpg

as you can see this problem is limited to treo launcher, none of my other programs(calendar/dialbyhoto) that use wallpapers have this problem... I'm guessing theres some kind of conflict causing the problem
    Some Treo 650 users (CDMA version) reported that Treo Launcher does not switch 65535-color mode correctly. It seems that can be fixed by ScreenPrefs...
    Some Treo 650 users (CDMA version) reported that Treo Launcher does not switch 65535-color mode correctly. It seems that can be fixed by ScreenPrefs...
    thanks Horace that did the trick.... and btw, thats exactly what I'm using a sprint 650... its strange because the problem just started like a week ago, and I've been using TL since mid December
    I am not sure about the exact cause of the issue yet. The symptom is TL does not change to 16-bit color mode successfully. Too bad I don't have CDMA 650 around me ...
    nothing happens when I tap icons that's why I thought i was doing something wrong
    Dispute the suits I ignite

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...21/RAGEmcm.jpg

And then watch 'em burn
    Is anyone willing to share some icons? Is there a place to post them? Send them to me please!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Tried it out. Meh.

One of the quick opinions I had was that it would only register a "frequently used app" if it had actually been launched from the launcher itself, as opposed to any other source... McPhling does this just fine... and Launch Anywhere seems to as well.
    Let me rephrase that. My response sounded rude. Sorry about that.

It is just a feature I feel is missing - the frequently used app thing at the bottom I mean listing only apps launched directly from within the launcher (see above).

I am thinking a combination of this launcher (with it's small footprint) with Launch Anywhere may be a good combination.

Now if someone could add the unique functionality of Iambic's Propel (a tab listing all your contacts within the launcher without having to go to your contacts management app) and voice dialing/launching... I'd be jazzed!
    I asked earlier, but no response. Is there anyone that can please, please, please, please (sounds like James Brown, huh?) make a University of Texas Longhorns wallpaper. This would be too kewl!!

d-
    Quote Originally Posted by psixichka View Post
    nothing happens when I tap icons that's why I thought i was doing something wrong
    Oops. There is not feedback message. I'll add that in next release. Now it just (red)loads icons if there is any...

Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Let me rephrase that. My response sounded rude. Sorry about that.

It is just a feature I feel is missing - the frequently used app thing at the bottom I mean listing only apps launched directly from within the launcher (see above).

I am thinking a combination of this launcher (with it's small footprint) with Launch Anywhere may be a good combination.

Now if someone could add the unique functionality of Iambic's Propel (a tab listing all your contacts within the launcher without having to go to your contacts management app) and voice dialing/launching... I'd be jazzed!
    Treo Launcher does not monitor all application launching. As you mentioned, there are already great apps doing that, e.g. McPhling. Even better, Treo 680 has this built-in in OS. So, why re-invent the wheel?

For contacts, I am not sure what is the purpose of "launching a contact"? Treo Launcher is a launcher and so that may be something like "launching a sms message for this contact" or "launching the dialer and dial to this person" type of requirements. That will be another application, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    I asked earlier, but no response. Is there anyone that can please, please, please, please (sounds like James Brown, huh?) make a University of Texas Longhorns wallpaper. This would be too kewl!!

d-
    The name in my mind now, NachoB.
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post

d-

How about these....

Taken from:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.c...allpaper.html#

Hope you like'em...

BTW:

Horace, very nice job keep it up... I just purchased this Launcher today... I'm very pleased with it....

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aguila1808
    Treo 680 - Treo 650 - Enfora Wi-Fi Sled - 2 SD Cards 1GB and 2GB

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Is it possible to lock either the abc mode or 123 mode so that when you hit space bar it does not toggle them?

Also, Horace is it possible to add a "today" style plugin under the calendar in 123? Something that would show a few upcoming appts and tasks. It could take the place of the "month view."
    Last edited by TreoEsquire; 02/06/2007 at 10:56 AM.