Page 39 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989 ... LastLast
    I found out that the latest beta loses registration often. I hope that this fixed in the final release.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Ok,

Here are screenshots of my Treo700p ..

Fridayy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    I found out that the latest beta loses registration often. I hope that this fixed in the final release.
    Strange. Been running latest 1.4 beta 1 for probably 3-4 days and hasn't lost registration once.
    NachoB, I know it is strange that makes two of us here in this forum that are losing regs (one for 4cast and me for TL). I have 4cast too, it runs automatically at 8AM but the TL losing reg happens throughout the day, I can't pin point a pattern yet. I switched back to 1.3.1 i'll see what happens over the next couple of days. So far I haven't lost the regs since I switched back earlier today.
    Treoing & Loving it
    1.4 beta 1 does not keep preferences when upgrade from 1.3.1 (sorry).

However, it the preferences lost again, i.e. even after the first installation, it must be something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    1.4 beta 1 does not keep preferences when upgrade from 1.3.1 (sorry).

However, it the preferences lost again, i.e. even after the first installation, it must be something else.
    it is after entering the reg key, it must be something else, i wish i knew what it was because 1.3.1 does not lose the reg key at all.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    FWIW, I have been using 4Cast and Treo Launcher together for a few days now and neither one has lost their registration key.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    it is after entering the reg key, it must be something else, i wish i knew what it was because 1.3.1 does not lose the reg key at all.
    If it is not too much trouble, please:

1 delete Treo Launcher from the device
    2 hotsync
    3 install Treo Launcher
    4 hotsync

thanks
    Wanted a wallpaper with my son in it, so I stuck him on the homework sucks one.. Just sharing for fun.

With icons-------------------------------------------------------W/out icons

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/560034.jpg http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/560035.jpg
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/29/2007 at 10:01 PM.
    Glad I stopped by the 700p section! I just installed and love it already.

I did notice one thing, and perhaps it's because I'm on a 650, but the background wallpaper does not appear sharp. It's almost like they've been rendered to only 256 color. When I click on a program, everything on the screen disappears except the icon I choose for a split second, and during that split second I can see the background perfect, stunningly sharp in all it's glory!

Any reason why the background appears like if it was saved as a gif?

Thanks! ...I read through 31 pages of posts, so I hope this question wasn't asked from 32 on
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Any reason why the background appears like if it was saved as a gif?
    Only thing I could think to recommend is to install pnoJpegLib.prc if you don't already have it installed. I believe it's available in the zip file at http://www.palmgadget.com/lnchr.html
    Thanks! ...I read through 31 pages of posts, so I hope this question wasn't asked from 32 on
    It's on page 38, last message

Details:

It seems to me Treo Launcher cannot switch to 16-bit (65536) color mode on a CDMA Treo 650. One user reported that the wallpaper will looks fine after using ScreenPrefs to set the default color depth to 65536-color.

I'll try to see whether I can make Treo Launcher to do the same thing on a CDMA Treo too.

Thanks
    It's on page 38, last message
    Just my luck, lol. You're right: CDMA version here.

Works! - purely my accident from installing and uninstalling an unrelated program.

I installed PalmRevolt to see how a gui change will be like. Took a look around and then went to uninstall it, and to my surprise, the background now appears great in TreoLauncher!
    It probably does something similar to what ScreenPrefs does - switches to 16-bit.

Note: performing a soft reset however brings it back to 8-bit.

Using ScreenPres works like you said (install, set to 16-bit, uninstall).

I'll try to see whether I can make Treo Launcher to do the same thing on a CDMA Treo too.
    Much appreciated!

Feature possibility? (I'm sure you get a bunch) ..when having "Icon Name" off, the default blue box to appear behind the icon instead of the dashed underline? The color blue could be custom as well I suppose. Also, an option to disable the text shadow. Ok, that's it...nice app!
    Last edited by opacityzero; 01/29/2007 at 11:22 PM.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Now, text shadow can be disabled by setting it to the same color of the text.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Wanted a wallpaper with my son in it, so I stuck him on the homework sucks one.. Just sharing for fun.
    Mind to share what's your son's reaction to the new wallpaper?
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Mind to share what's your son's reaction to the new wallpaper?
    He hasn't seen it yet (going through a divorce and won't see him again till Wednesday ). I'll show it to him then and report back his reaction.
    It probably does something similar to what ScreenPrefs does - switches to 16-bit.

Note: performing a soft reset however brings it back to 8-bit.
    Not if you register it
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    He hasn't seen it yet (going through a divorce and won't see him again till Wednesday ). I'll show it to him then and report back his reaction.
    Sorry that I brought up this. Take care, man.

I'm sure he will love it, so hang in there brother.

1.4 beta 2

* Added: Customizable icons
    1. Create a Icon folder in /DCIM/ on the card
    2. Put any .bmp or .gif image files inside the /DCIM/Icon folder
    3. Name the icon file same as the application name (e.g. Prefs.gif, Calc.gif, etc.)
    4. Run Menu -> Lnchr -> Icons once

* Added: Separate text and text shadow colors for each mode [123 | ABC]
    * Added: Separate saved category for each mode
    * Added: Lock & Turn Off shortcut
    * Added: Color -> Theme shortcut
    * Added: Quicker search for application with space in name (e.g. "c i" will match "card info")
    * Fixed: *Hidden category (a cateogry name with a * in front, e.g. *Hidden) now hidden in All view
    Attached Files Attached Files