Page 38 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I worked out my problem from the other day. TL was somehow conflicting with an app called HeadsetControl. I've unistalled it, and all is well.

I've been playing with the new 1.4 betas and so far so good. I am kind of interested in replacing some of the default icons with new ones. Since we have these wonderful backgrounds, it seems silly to have part of them covered by those blue ellipses on the old style Palm icons instead of one with a transparent background. Has anyone found a source for good looking icons? So far the ones I've found are too small or too plain.

By the way, I have had no performance related issues, like slowdowns, from the half dozen or so icons I've replaced. The other new features are working well too.
    Quote Originally Posted by teb5 View Post
    I worked out my problem from the other day. TL was somehow conflicting with an app called HeadsetControl. I've unistalled it, and all is well.

I've been playing with the new 1.4 betas and so far so good. I am kind of interested in replacing some of the default icons with new ones. Since we have these wonderful backgrounds, it seems silly to have part of them covered by those blue ellipses on the old style Palm icons instead of one with a transparent background. Has anyone found a source for good looking icons? So far the ones I've found are too small or too plain.

By the way, I have had no performance related issues, like slowdowns, from the half dozen or so icons I've replaced. The other new features are working well too.
    I'd try to test with HeadsetControl. BTW, please #*377 [dial] to see the detail of the reset.

Regarding icons, iconfactory.com http://iconfactory.com/freeware/ has some great icons. Too bad I don't have a Mac to scale down the icons and Windows icon are too small (32x32) for Treo screen. Any good source of icons are appreciated.

Please post some screen shot to share with us, if not too much trouble

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    1.4 beta 1

• Added: Customizable icons
      1. Create a Icon folder in /DCIM/ on the card
      2. Put any .bmp or .gif image files inside the /DCIM/Icon folder
      3. Name the icon file same as the application name (e.g. Prefs.gif, Calc.gif, etc.)
      4. Run Menu -> Lnchr -> Icons once
    • Added: Separate text and text shadow colors for each mode [123 | ABC]
    • Added: Separate saved category for each mode
    • Added: Lock & Turn Off shortcut
    • Added: Color -> Theme shortcut

* Note: Beta software, please use with caution.
    I've installed version 1.4 beta1. It seems to be working perfectly. I now have separate sets of color and category settings for each mode. Lock/Off also works fine. To top it all off, the app's size is still small. Thank you Horace!

[Edit: I didn't test the icon features, so I have no feedback on those changes.]
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Let's see some screen shots.

Here's mine using the WinXP_biege theme with PalmRevolt:

http://home.neo.rr.com/rterry/trln.jpg
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Let's see some screen shots.

Here's mine using the WinXP_biege theme with PalmRevolt:

http://home.neo.rr.com/rterry/trln.jpg
    How come your phone signal gadget has 6 bars and mine only got 4!? <grin>
    I am totally content now with 1.4 beta 1, even if you don't add any more features.

I can switch between 123 mode which has my top 12 applications and abc mode that shows "All" category.. all with consistent and different wallpapers and colors for each mode.

What more can one ask for?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    How come your phone signal gadget has 6 bars and mine only got 4!? <grin>
    Good Question
    Attached Images Attached Images
    B@tze - Der Blog

""Miembro orgulloso del grupo de usuarios Palm de Palma de Mallorca""

Free Tibet !
    Horace,

I loaded TreoLnchr, which is very nice by the way, and then I launched 4cast. I was asked for my reg code for 4cast which is not normal because I've ben using it for years, then I went back to TreoLncher and got the attached error. So, then I disabled TreoLnchr as the default launcher and went back to 4cast (again, got the reg screen), went back to the default launcher and launched TreoLnchr manually and again got the attached error.

Any ideas? I don't know why these two apps would be in conflict.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Horace,
    Any ideas? I don't know why these two apps would be in conflict.
    Is 4cast running from card or in main memory? Thanks
    I run both and have never had a problem.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I run both and have never had a problem.
    Same here, I run Treo Launcher and 4Cast together without any issues.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    TL & 4cast = Fine
    B@tze - Der Blog

""Miembro orgulloso del grupo de usuarios Palm de Palma de Mallorca""

Free Tibet !
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Horace,

I loaded TreoLnchr, which is very nice by the way, and then I launched 4cast. I was asked for my reg code for 4cast which is not normal because I've ben using it for years...
    Sounds like a corrupt Saved Preferences file. Did you lose the registration on other applications as well?

I too have no problems running 4cast and TL.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Horace,

Just downloaded the new Beta.. Works great.. Everytime you change it.. it seems it just gets better and better. Thanks.. I will say this much.. you dont sit and just let your Launcher sell.... you keep making it better..
    Thanks again.
    Is 4cast running from card or in main memory? Thanks
    I'm running both apps from main memory. This has happened on a couple of different occasions but its fine now since I input the 4cast reg code. Aprasad may be right about the corrupted preference file. In that case, it seems more like a 4cast issue (or a user issue ). I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Sounds like a corrupt Saved Preferences file. Did you lose the registration on other applications as well?

I too have no problems running 4cast and TL.
    It's funny, ever since I got the 700 it seems I've had sporatic cases of losing my reg codes for a few different apps. Of course, I test a lot of apps and quite a few betas so I just attributed it to that. This case seemed different because it was causing a reset. Other than this, TreoLnchr seems pretty stable, fast and clean.
    Try locking files with Resco Locker.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Horace,

First, just to echo comments throughout this thread: great app, small, simple and effective.

I do have a "bug" to report related to PowerRUN to store and run apps of the SD card. After quitting any app handled by PowerRUN and returning to the TreoLauncher screen, I see two instances of the app I just left. Clicking on either causes a reset.

A reset caused... while running "TreoLnchr": MemoryMgr.c, Line:3771, Free handle

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by j0yk View Post
    Horace,

First, just to echo comments throughout this thread: great app, small, simple and effective.

I do have a "bug" to report related to PowerRUN to store and run apps of the SD card. After quitting any app handled by PowerRUN and returning to the TreoLauncher screen, I see two instances of the app I just left. Clicking on either causes a reset.

A reset caused... while running "TreoLnchr": MemoryMgr.c, Line:3771, Free handle

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    It seems PowerRun cleans up application loaded in main memory _only_ for the system launcher. Thanks for the report and I'll test it!
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    How does one change the color depth on the Treo 650?
    A preference panel app called ScreenPrefs does this:
    http://mikemccollister.com/palm/
    All that Jazz