Page 37 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
    Horace,

I don't want to dampen the enthusiasm in adding features.. but I am personally not likely to change the icons used by applications. I'm used to them and generally happy with them.

As far as Themes are concerned, TL already remembers the wallpapers in [123] and [abc] modes. If it remembered the Category as well, and the # of rows and columns, then I'll be happy.

I don't know if or how you plan to add icons for monitoring e-mails, but I think an icon showing the status of the mute switch and the volume setting of the speaker will be useful as well.

As for the location of the icons, almost all locations will have potential conflict with NachoB's wallpapers .. except in the Calendar area, next to the place where you show the date. There is room for maybe 4 icons in that white square area. It may spoil the way the the calendar looks now, but at least it is a place to put those monitoring icons...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The only thing missing really that I would like to see (if it's even do-able) is for TL to be able to remember what settings I last used for a particular WP (colors, small or full calendar, recent apps on or off, etc.) and automatically switch to those settings when I change WP's. Profile like in a way, only the user doesn't have to do anything, it's automatically stored without user involvement. Just a thought.

Ability to change icons sounds cool, but not sure I'd ever go thru the hassle of doing it. If I stuck to only one wallpaper (like say the WindowsXP one I did) then it would be cool to change the icons to match that of other XP icons. But I'm constantly changing WP's so that won't work. And since the icon name has to match that of the application name, that means every time you want to change the icon set to match that of the wallpaper (if you're using it this way) you have to copy over a complete new set of icons to the SD card.
    But if you prefer to use a different icon all the time, then the feature is great.
    I'm sure there are plenty of users who would like to change their icons. I, like aprasad, am not one of those people. I guess if I started playing with it, it could be something I might end up doing. I'm undecided at the moment.

EDIT: File size is still small, so I wouldn't say I have any issues with the ability to specify different icons being incorporated. There may come a day when I do want to change an icon and I'll be glad the option is there.

Jimmy
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/24/2007 at 06:53 AM.
    I am in agreement with aprasad and NachoB. I'm not sure that I would take advantage of the ability to change icons. I've been running Palm OS software for 9 years, and I don't think I've ever changed a single program's icon. I've changed plenty of app names, but never the icon. On the other hand, I would greatly welcome the ability to retain separate sets of settings/preferences for each wallpaper mode (abc and 123). I would specifically like different sets of color choices (font choices would be nice too) and the ability to specify a start up category (default to All or Remember Last Category).
    Hi! I'm an enthusiastic german user of TreoLauncher. I would be happy, if TL keeps simple and gets not too much gadgets. (Formerly I used ZLauncher.) I only need a simple way to start programs with the keyboard. This does TL excellent. I dont't need icons, I don't need categories. I only have to remember the name of the program and type in the first few characters.

I wish to have a view with no icons! But therefore a lot of information round about my device (Treo 680): battery, signal value, bluetooth, free memory RAM and SD-Card, date, time..., info about programs (creator id, size, ...). All this things in a good readable font.

Horace, please keep it simple! There are always many launchers with gimmickries. The Palm world do not need one more.
    Last edited by Skybert; 01/24/2007 at 02:46 AM.
    Viele Gre!
    Skybert
    --
    http://www.bbst.de/pda
    Sleeping - Eating - Palming!
    Thanks for the great feedback!

Keep it simple and fast, I will.
    It's probably been discussed but a list view would be nice. I Don't know that I'd like a no icon view like Skybert suggested but to each his own.

Also, I'd prefer to use a tool like AppIcon(free) to change icons instead of TreoLauncher. I think you've got it right "Keep it simple and fast".
    Calendar header text color was white on 1.3

http://www.splashblog.com/nachob700p/preview/538470.jpg

After installing 1.4 alpha 1 it is now black

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/556806.jpg

Going back to 1.3.1 from 1.4 alpha 1, it's now a greenish blue

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/556807.jpg

Deleting TL's saved preferences (with 1.3.1 installed) returns calendar header text color back to white.
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/24/2007 at 08:21 AM.
    I thought I was losing my mind, the text color is different!
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by Skybert View Post
    Hi! I'm an enthusiastic german user of TreoLauncher.
    I know where youre Car is parking

@ Horace

How about an Option for the View :

List View (like Initiate)
    List View with Small Icon
    Big Icon View
    B@tze - Der Blog

""Miembro orgulloso del grupo de usuarios Palm de Palma de Mallorca""

Free Tibet !
    Quote Originally Posted by B@tze View Post
    @ Horace

How about an Option for the View :
    Sorry B@tze, you've something forgotten. You're a Palm-Senior and getting older. Here's the complete list:

List View (like Initiate)
    List View with Small Icon
    Big Icon View
    Non-Icon View (like Skybert wishes)
    Viele Gre!
    Skybert
    --
    http://www.bbst.de/pda
    Sleeping - Eating - Palming!
    I use Icons Pllus to change program icons. It works well and allows you to use icon sets from ZLauncher and SilverScreen in addition to its own. While it does incur an extra cost, it keeps it out of TL for reduced maintenance issues and provides the option for those who wish to have it.

My only desires would be a direct menu command to take you to the Delete and Category functions of the regular launcher. Since we need to use those commands to redo categories or delete unless we are using a file manager for the delete, it would save a step or two over going to the System Launcher then going to Delete or Category. I love the program and the contributions of this group have been great.

Just my 2 cents, that according to a recent report actually costs 5.6 cents to manufacture! Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Kraig
    I have a few reports of Treo Launcher displaying wallpaper in 256-color mode. Since I cannot reproduce the issue myself. I would like to know is it a common problem? The only thing common in those reports: a CDMA Treo 650.

Attached are two sample screen from a user.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is probably because the user inadvertently set the system color prefs to 256 instead of high color 16 bit? Or are the icons still high color?
    All that Jazz
    Congratulations Horace!!!
    Just saw that TL is mytreo.net's "Gem Of The Week".. wooohooo
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
    This is probably because the user inadvertently set the system color prefs to 256 instead of high color 16 bit? Or are the icons still high color?
    How does one change the color depth on the Treo 650?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kpritts View Post
    My only desires would be a direct menu command to take you to the Delete and Category functions of the regular launcher. Since we need to use those commands to redo categories or delete unless we are using a file manager for the delete, it would save a step or two over going to the System Launcher then going to Delete or Category. I love the program and the contributions of this group have been great.
    I agree with these ideas. Right now with Treo Launcher you have to go to the menu and select the system launcher and then you can change category infromation or delete. It would be great if these choices were added directly to the Treo Launcher menu.

Lastly, I would like to add the sugggestion that "Off" and "Off and Lock" be added to the menu. This would allow you to power off the device using the stylus and/or pwser off and lock the device using the stylus and selecting a command from the menu (or by using a command stroke).

Thanks!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Congratulations Horace!!!
    Just saw that TL is mytreo.net's "Gem Of The Week".. wooohooo
    Share the joy with you!

TL won't have today's reputation without your great artwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I agree with these ideas. Right now with Treo Launcher you have to go to the menu and select the system launcher and then you can change category infromation or delete. It would be great if these choices were added directly to the Treo Launcher menu.

Lastly, I would like to add the sugggestion that "Off" and "Off and Lock" be added to the menu. This would allow you to power off the device using the stylus and/or pwser off and lock the device using the stylus and selecting a command from the menu (or by using a command stroke).

Thanks!
    I also like the idea of having Category and Delete features available within Treo Launcher, but only if that doesn't significantly impact the size or speed of the app.

Regarding Off/Lock, I use that Palm feature quite often too. As a workaround on my 680, I've set up a category called "AutoLaunch" where I place no more than one app beginning with the same letter. I place the default Security app into this category, so I can launch it by just pressing the "S" key. From there, I have access to the "Lock and Turn Off" command. If the Off/Lock feature were built into Treo Launcher, that would free up the letter "S" for me to use with some other app besides Security. Once again, I like the idea but only if there is no negative impact to performance.
    1.4 beta 1

• Added: Customizable icons
      1. Create a Icon folder in /DCIM/ on the card
      2. Put any .bmp or .gif image files inside the /DCIM/Icon folder
      3. Name the icon file same as the application name (e.g. Prefs.gif, Calc.gif, etc.)
      4. Run Menu -> Lnchr -> Icons once
    • Added: Separate text and text shadow colors for each mode [123 | ABC]
    • Added: Separate saved category for each mode
    • Added: Lock & Turn Off shortcut
    • Added: Color -> Theme shortcut

* Note: Beta software, please use with caution.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    1.4 beta 1

• Added: Customizable icons
      1. Create a Icon folder in /DCIM/ on the card
      2. Put any .bmp or .gif image files inside the /DCIM/Icon folder
      3. Name the icon file same as the application name (e.g. Prefs.gif, Calc.gif, etc.)
      4. Run Menu -> Lnchr -> Icons once
    • Added: Separate text and text shadow colors for each mode [123 | ABC]
    • Added: Separate saved category for each mode
    • Added: Lock & Turn Off shortcut
    • Added: Color -> Theme shortcut

* Note: Beta software, please use with caution.
    Fantastic! Thanks!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43