Page 34 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    With ver 1.3.1

I am getting errors in the names of icons after running and closing the applications using Linkstart 2.3

I always get the icons back. For small applications that don't take too long to copy from card and back to card, I get the name back as well. For some that take longer, the icon name is missing the * at the end (Linkstart shortcuts have * at the end). For applications that take really long to copy back and forth, the entire icon name is missing (though the icon is there).

If I switch to Applications launcher and back, then everything is restored.

I have the same problem like you, but using Powerrun. I get an extra icon of the app that I just used in the unfiled tab. This goes away after I switch to the system application launcher and back to TL.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    This problem had gone away but has reappeared with the latest versions. I haven't kept track of when that happened.. It happened with the last 2-3 releases (including the betas..).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I just registered/paid for the app a few days ago so I didn't notice this problem right away. I loaded the beta and noticed this problem and just want to mention it because I want the developer to know it is not a problem with Linkstart only.
    The Doctor is IN!
    my treo restarted 3-4 times today on its own is this common/norm ?
    Quote Originally Posted by psixichka View Post
    my treo restarted 3-4 times today on its own is this common/norm ?
    No, it is not. Who is your carrier? Depending on the type of phone and carrier, one can dial #*377 or ##377 #377# and get an error message which could provide some hints on the problem causing resets.

Try to uninstall whatever you installed last and see if the resets go away.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    No, it is not. Who is your carrier? Depending on the type of phone and carrier, one can dial #*377 or ##377 #377# and get an error message which could provide some hints on the problem causing resets.

Try to uninstall whatever you installed last and see if the resets go away.
    it just did it again, as i pressed the phone buttin to dial the #s above...

i installed the launcher
    hmmm...
    A reset was caused on 1/13/07 @ 10:16pm while Running "Phone":

Fatal Exception

and this means what?
    Do you have a lot of 3rd party applications installed?

It would certainly be worth it to delete TreoLauncher from your Treo to see if the problem goes away.

In the extreme case, you could start fresh:

1. Rename the Backup directory under your Hotsync name in "Program Files\Palmone\ " directory structure

2. Do a hard reset to delete all personal information and 3rd party applications from your Treo

3. Hotsync and select your Hotsync ID that you were using. This will copy your Calendar, Tasks, Memos and Contacts back to your Treo

4. Install the 3rd party software one-by-one, using the Treo for a few days after each application, to make sure the problem is gone and to identify when the problem re-appears.

But, before all that, delete the last application installed and see if that helps.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    thanks so much

I installed some progs but deleted most of them leaving only a few
    I will do this if the problem persists

You seem to know a lot any answers for this?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134014
    With ver 1.3.1

I am getting errors in the names of icons after running and closing the applications using Linkstart 2.3

I always get the icons back. For small applications that don't take too long to copy from card and back to card, I get the name back as well. For some that take longer, the icon name is missing the * at the end (Linkstart shortcuts have * at the end). For applications that take really long to copy back and forth, the entire icon name is missing (though the icon is there).

If I switch to Applications launcher and back, then everything is restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo View Post
    I just registered/paid for the app a few days ago so I didn't notice this problem right away. I loaded the beta and noticed this problem and just want to mention it because I want the developer to know it is not a problem with Linkstart only.
    Thanks, I'll test with LinkStart. BTW, what is the main reason to use a link program (e.g. LinkStart, PowerRun, ZLink, ...etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by beebleb View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in the last 33 pages, but have you considered a non-icon view in a similar style to the "Favourites" launcher. You just list them all as a vertical list, one application per line with a full size icon on the left and a big highlight bar (using the "Big" font).

Seems to me that this respects the minimal and "factory" look of Treo launcher.

Oh and wonderful work!
    I am not sure whether this will be added, as TL's main objective is search then launch. It seems to me displaying a lot of titles (icons) does not speed up the launch process.

Did I miss something here?
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Hi Horace,
    The reason I use PowerRun is so I can keep large apps in the extenal card and just launch it to RAM when it is needed. I am still using a Treo 650, which has very precious little RAM. Am waiting for my 680 to arrive.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Like DocGo, I used PowerRun to run apps from the SD card on my old 650. Now that I have a 680, RAM space is no longer a problem. However, I may still want to use apps like SharkLinks to set up launcher icons for specific websites. I may also want to use something like ZLink or Rename to change an app's name [so that I can assign it a unique name to use in conjuction with Treo Launcher's "Auto launch unique application" feature ].
    Ditto. Those of us who have the Treo 650 are very short on RAM. Using Linkstart allows us to have a shortcut to it in RAM. This helps in organizing in categories, use as helper application etc.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Understood. It looks like Treo Launcher's "launch applications from card" feature is not quite up to standard...
    Applications like Powerrun and Linkstart (Zlauncher does a lot more) are very popular, though.

I think that if the standard Applications treated card based applications like any other (like allowed Categories to be assigned to them), the need for such applications would be a lot less. After all, when you use Applications to launch card apps, it copies them to RAM and back, just like Powerrun/Linkstart.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    http://www.palmgadget.com/lnchr.html Treo Launcher version 1.3.1 is out!

1.3.1 {2007/01/14}

• Added: Press Enter to invoke Recent Used Apps when it is hidden
    • Added: Default jpeg wallpaper is /DCIM/LnchrABC.jpg on card for [abc] mode
    • Added: Default jpeg wallpaper is /DCIM/Lnchr123.jpg on card for [123] mode
    • Added: Recent Used Apps still available when current Category is empty
    • Fixed: Over-locked memory error
    • Fixed: In RAM wallpaper name lost when Toggle wallpaper

1.3 {2007/01/10}

• Added: Support jpeg images in main memory
    • Added: Option to show battery %
    • Added: One wallpaper for each mode
    • Added: Option to soft reset device
    • Added: Option to hide recent used application icons
    • Added: Option to skip 'All' when rotating categories
    • Added: Any category name starts with '*' (e.g. *Hidden) will be skipped when rotating categories
    • Added: Support old-style (e.g. T|T) 5-way rocker
    • Fixed: Missing icon after starting some applications (e.g. Adarian Money)
    • Fixed: Qwerty searching icon name with space switches mode

Download -> TreoLauncher.zip 1.3.1 or Lnchr.prc 1.3.1 only
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Horace, Where do I get the fish wallpaper! It's Amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    A friend forwarded it to me ..
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    Right-click the image on top right and select save. Get the image right off your web browser when viewing this page.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM