Page 32 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Renaming an application is difficult for:

1 it modifies the original application, which is a major undertaking
    2 for applications in ROM, a separate database is needed to maintain the new names

so that's why Treo Launcher does not have this feature (yet)

Thanks

p.s. To rename apps, I recommend a great application: Bird from http://www.ppcompiler.org/
    Thanks for the reply Horace!

Since the renaming of apps is complicated, let's see if I can make another request that might be easier. Could we have different color choices for 123 and ABC modes? I'm currently using completely different wallpaper images for the two modes. When I choose text/shadow/frame colors that match well with one wallpaper, they sometimes look terrible with the other wallpaper.

[edit: added new feature request]
    Last edited by usskaos1; 01/12/2007 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Horace,

You are on a roll!! Great!

I had another brilliant idea

Try to have TL remember the category for 123 and abc modes.

Reason: I use a category (called Numeric) of my most used 12 applications for 123 mode. That works great. However, sometimes, I need to access the rest of my applications (in the All or some other category). Now I have to step through various categories, run what I want, and then step back to my Numeric category.

Alternative design: Keep 123 mode in Numeric category, Keep abc mode in All category. Anytime I want to access the "rest of the applications", I press the space bar and voila! I have all applications (in the abc mode). I press spacebar and bam!, I have my Numeric category back in the 123 mode.

Neat, Eh?
    I would like to see this type of feature as well. I would describe it as being similar to the default Palm launcher's Options/Preferences/Remember Last Category feature except there would be two of these settings (one for each mode). I could see myself using ABC mode to default to the "All" category, while I'd prefer the 123 mode to default to the last category used.
    Love the app Horace, don't change a thing
    In case I am coming across as unnecessarily critical:

Love the app. Even if you freeze the changes and keep it like it is.

But, anything can be improved. Remembering the category selected for the 123 and abc modes would be an improvement.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I was just being a smart a$$. Kept reading post after post after post about how people would like the app changed, so I thought I'd throw in there that I love the app and don't change a thing.
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/12/2007 at 08:47 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1 View Post
    Thank you to Horace for coming up with such a nice app, and thank you to NachoB for your tireless wallpaper efforts. Treo Launcher does so many things well, yet it's still simple to setup and doesn't take up much memory space. Of course, there's always room for improvement, so here are are a couple more requests for Horace and NachoB...

NachoB: Your wallpaper designs are excellent. My current favorite is the ocean floor with the shark graphic.
    My favorite is the SpongepantsQuarebob one
    http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700p...preview=545380

I often switch on my Treo just to admire how it looks!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    any free decent launchers?
    would like to try one out, I'm a broke launcher newbie who'd like to use one for more than 14-30 days

Thnx in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by psixichka View Post
    any free decent launchers?
    would like to try one out, I'm a broke launcher newbie who'd like to use one for more than 14-30 days

Thnx in advance
    Then give this one a try. It'll display a "shareware" message every now and then but it's not crippled in anyway. Of course, if you end up really liking it you should support the developers efforts, especially in this case. Dig in your penny jar, it isn't that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Then give this one a try. It'll display a "shareware" message every now and then but it's not crippled in anyway. Of course, if you end up really liking it you should support the developers efforts, especially in this case. Dig in your penny jar, it isn't that much.
    which one exactly? :sleepy:
    which one exactly? :sleepy:
    http://www.palmgadget.com/lnchr.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I'm having to leave sunny Florida for a work related users conference in Denver Colorado (brrr, temp in the teens to negative digits). This poor Florida boy has never seen weather like that. I'm gonna LOVE it, first time seeing REAL snow. Anyway, to the point, you guys won't be seeing any new wallpapers from me till probably after next weekend. Happy Treo Launching!! Flying out of Jacksonville around 7am on Sat and arriving in Denver around 1pm.. Returning to Jacksonville on the 19th of January. I'll have my son that weekend and don't plan on doing much on the computer.
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/12/2007 at 09:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Some answers are so obvious you should have your face slapped.. haha
    Visual: I'm in a grocery store, and I ask "So, where do you keep you groceries"
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/12/2007 at 09:19 PM.
    Some answers are so obvious you should have your face slapped.. haha
    Visual: I'm in a grocery store, and I ask "So, where do you keep you groceries"
    I'm still on Israel time

thnx aprasad
    I'm still on Israel time

thnx aprasad
    I'm just messing with ya.. This entire thread is based on the app Treo Launcher. One would assume it was obvious which app I was talking about when I said "Try this one"
    Just goes to show ya, "Never assume the obvious"
    Hey aprasad, what was added in the prerelease that you asked for? I haven't installed it yet.
    I'm just messing with ya.. This entire thread is based on the app Treo Launcher. One would assume it was obvious which app I was talking about when I said "Try this one"
    Just goes to show ya, "Never assume the obvious"
    there were other progs meantioned but I gave up on pg 2 or so, just didn't want to waste my time dl & installing unintended material.
    i got it
    no prob
    just to make sure i'm not misunderstanding the launcher is just another prog, it can't perm. replace the boring/blah 700p main screen or have it start up/run automatically right?

ETA: disregard everything above
    it's working
    there were other progs meantioned but I gave up on pg 2 or so, just didn't want to waste my time dl & installing unintended material.
    i got it
    no prob
    just to make sure i'm not misunderstanding the launcher is just another prog, it can't perm. replace the boring/blah 700p main screen or have it start up/run automatically right?
    Hmmm, it can replace it in that you can set it as the default launcher.. so when you hit your home key it'll take you to Treo Launcher instead of the default launcher.. once you use this, you'll wonder how you ever used that boring POS default launcher.. I did anyway.
    i got it
    no prob

ETA: disregard everything above
    it's working
    Submit any Wallpaper requests you may have, beyond what's already been done, and I'll get to them as soon as I can.
    http://www.splashblog.com/nachob700p/?albumid=15547
    Hey aprasad, what was added in the prerelease that you asked for? I haven't installed it yet.
    He added this:

1. I would like to be able to hit the Enter key and then Center to launch last application or step through the icons if they appear AFTER I hit the Enter key. Make this a feature: With the display of the Recent Apps turned off, hit Enter key to display the recent apps icons and launch them.

2. With the Recent Apps turned off, DISABLE that part of the screen so that nothing happens if the bottom of the screen gets touched.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I'm having to leave sunny Florida for a work related users conference in Denver Colorado (brrr, temp in the teens to negative digits). This poor Florida boy has never seen weather like that. I'm gonna LOVE it, first time seeing REAL snow. Anyway, to the point, you guys won't be seeing any new wallpapers from me till probably after next weekend. Happy Treo Launching!! Flying out of Jacksonville around 7am on Sat and arriving in Denver around 1pm.. Returning to Jacksonville on the 19th of January. I'll have my son that weekend and don't plan on doing much on the computer.
    Safe travels NachoB!