Page 31 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
    Aprasad - I am using [ABC] mode and this is where it happens.

I could uncheck the same box for [ABC] mode, but I want the best of both applications. I know it is still two presses - one on the letter and one on the select key, but that requires me to change my thinking. It would be neat if I could keep autolaunch on and be able to do press and hold to dial a phone number that Butler gives me.
    I will try to add an option later...

Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Using 1.3 release version:

Even if recent applications is hidden, that part of the screen is "live". If your finger (or anything) touches the bottom of the screen, the application (whose icon you cannot see) gets launched.

This should be fixed. We don't want applications getting launched inadvertently (when the user touches what appears to be a blank part of the screen).
    OK. I was thinking no one will discover this ...

Just kidding. In fact, I found myself sometimes "press enter and rocker center" to launcher the last app ...

Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    I was getting too many crashes using TakePhone and TL. Had to uninstall TL.
    Delete "Treo Lnchr" from the system launcher. Mind to share how to trigger a crash? Thanks.
    Nacho - Any chance of a New England Patriots Wallpaper???? Please!!!!
    Themed after this car flag I came across
    http://www.proflagsandbanners.com/im...s/7792_big.jpg

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/551731.jpg http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/551732.jpg

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/551733.jpg
    I almost never do the "return and get into the applications bar at the bottom" thing. So I forgot your post.

I discovered this again when applications started launching for no reason (my thumb was touching the bottom of the screen).

Frankly, I am surprised that Horace hasn't fixed this over the last week or so in the released version 1.3
    I'm still waiting for an answer on this one "Bug or Feature" post. How bout it Horace, is this a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Setup: TL 1.3B6, in [123] mode, OP+ disabled in preferences, recent app bar enabled.
    I created an empty application group to maximize wallpaper view. When the view is set to this empty application group I am not able to hit the enter key and access the recent apps appearing on the bottom of TL. I can however use the stylus to activate a recent app (minor inconvenience as my habit is to use the stylus as little as possible)
    [QUOTE=NachoB;1170540][B][U]Themed after this car flag I came across[/UQUOTE]

Many Thanks NachoB - God of TreoLauncher Wallpapers.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    I'm still waiting for an answer on this one "Bug or Feature" post. How bout it Horace, is this a bug?
    Better treat it as a bug (as I don't hear any good words about it). To be removed
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Better treat it as a bug (as I don't hear any good words about it). To be removed
    Is that in reference to this thing I came across where the recent app bar won't function when using the return key if I have an empty group displayed??

"Setup: TL 1.3B6, in [123] mode, OP+ disabled in preferences, recent app bar enabled.
    I created an empty application group to maximize wallpaper view. When the view is set to this empty application group I am not able to hit the enter key and access the recent apps appearing on the bottom of TL. I can however use the stylus to activate a recent app (minor inconvenience as my habit is to use the stylus as little as possible)"
    Many Thanks NachoB - God of TreoLauncher Wallpapers.
    No problem, hope you (and others) like it. Seems I'm getting more and more critical of my work and don't impress myself very easily anymore. Being a perfectionist on top of that only makes matters worse

I guess they don't all have to be majorly complicated with 20 different layers to be good
    Is that in reference to this thing I came across where the recent app bar won't function when using the return key if I have an empty group displayed??

"Setup: TL 1.3B6, in [123] mode, OP+ disabled in preferences, recent app bar enabled.
    I created an empty application group to maximize wallpaper view. When the view is set to this empty application group I am not able to hit the enter key and access the recent apps appearing on the bottom of TL. I can however use the stylus to activate a recent app (minor inconvenience as my habit is to use the stylus as little as possible)"
    oops, this is _another_ bug to be fixed.

I was referring to "can click an recent app even [Recent Apps] is toggled off".
  9. tcs
    Any all black color wallpaper? going to re-paint my treo 650 to black tie edition Need a matching wallpaper.Thanks first!
    BTW, TL 1.3 starts Google Map without problem on my Treo 650. Please confirm. Thanks.
    Is that your dog, horace?
    All that Jazz
    Here is my opinion on the "bug" when recent applications are NOT displayed:

1. I would like to be able to hit the Enter key and then Center to launch last application or step through the icons if they appear AFTER I hit the Enter key. Make this a feature: With the display of the Recent Apps turned off, hit Enter key to display the recent apps icons and launch them.

2. With the Recent Apps turned off, DISABLE that part of the screen so that nothing happens if the bottom of the screen gets touched.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    BTW, TL 1.3 starts Google Map without problem on my Treo 650. Please confirm. Thanks.
    Always did. I even have shortcut to GM via Linkstart and that launches just fine.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Feature Requests:

> How about a Memory usage indicator on the top row? One for main memory and one for the SD Card possibly.
    > How about a message indicator (the envelope that shows up on the phone screen for new VM or SMS messages)
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
    Is that your dog, horace?
    Yes, it's intended that she stayed in my house for a few days. Unexpectedly, she's now a family member ...
    Here is my opinion on the "bug" when recent applications are NOT displayed:

1. I would like to be able to hit the Enter key and then Center to launch last application or step through the icons if they appear AFTER I hit the Enter key. Make this a feature: With the display of the Recent Apps turned off, hit Enter key to display the recent apps icons and launch them.

2. With the Recent Apps turned off, DISABLE that part of the screen so that nothing happens if the bottom of the screen gets touched.
    Neat.

Feature Requests:

> How about a Memory usage indicator on the top row? One for main memory and one for the SD Card possibly.
    > How about a message indicator (the envelope that shows up on the phone screen for new VM or SMS messages)
    I am still looking for a (good-looking) design... will do once I find satisfactory layout. Thx.
    Thank you to Horace for coming up with such a nice app, and thank you to NachoB for your tireless wallpaper efforts. Treo Launcher does so many things well, yet it's still simple to setup and doesn't take up much memory space. Of course, there's always room for improvement, so here are are a couple more requests for Horace and NachoB...

NachoB: Your wallpaper designs are excellent. My current favorite is the ocean floor with the shark graphic. If you have the time, and the inclination, I would love to see some designs with wildlife and sci-fi motifs. I'd also like to see a Steelers design that is along the same lines as your existing Penn State design. While you're at it, perhaps you could set up a PayPal donation button so that we can donate some funds to you for your efforts.

Horace: I would like to know if it would be difficult to provide the ability for renaming applications. The reason I am asking is that I'm looking to improve upon your "Auto launch unique application" feature. Ideally, I would like to be able to launch up to 28 applications with a single QWERTY button press (A-Z plus the "." and "0" keys). I've already set up a separate category which contains no more than one app beginning with the same letter. This allows me to launch any of this category's apps with a single keystroke as they all begin with a unique letter. If there was a way to rename apps, I could then create my own unique application names. For example: I would like to be able to launch Memos and MemInfo via your auto launch feature, but it currently takes 4 keystrokes for that to happen. If I could rename MemInfo to just Info, then that app could be launched by pressing the "I" key instead of the "M" key.
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1 View Post
    Horace: I would like to know if it would be difficult to provide the ability for renaming applications. The reason I am asking is that I'm looking to improve upon your "Auto launch unique application" feature. Ideally, I would like to be able to launch up to 28 applications with a single QWERTY button press (A-Z plus the "." and "0" keys). I've already set up a separate category which contains no more than one app beginning with the same letter. This allows me to launch any of this category's apps with a single keystroke as they all begin with a unique letter. If there was a way to rename apps, I could then create my own unique application names. For example: I would like to be able to launch Memos and MemInfo via your auto launch feature, but it currently takes 4 keystrokes for that to happen. If I could rename MemInfo to just Info, then that app could be launched by pressing the "I" key instead of the "M" key.
    Renaming an application is difficult for:

1 it modifies the original application, which is a major undertaking
    2 for applications in ROM, a separate database is needed to maintain the new names

so that's why Treo Launcher does not have this feature (yet)

Thanks

p.s. To rename apps, I recommend a great application: Bird from http://www.ppcompiler.org/
    1.3.1 pre-release 1

- new Recent Used Apps behavior, suggested by aprasad
    - hopefully fixed a over-locked memory error

note: for experienced users only
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Horace,

You are on a roll!! Great!

I had another brilliant idea

Try to have TL remember the category for 123 and abc modes.

Reason: I use a category (called Numeric) of my most used 12 applications for 123 mode. That works great. However, sometimes, I need to access the rest of my applications (in the All or some other category). Now I have to step through various categories, run what I want, and then step back to my Numeric category.

Alternative design: Keep 123 mode in Numeric category, Keep abc mode in All category. Anytime I want to access the "rest of the applications", I press the space bar and voila! I have all applications (in the abc mode). I press spacebar and bam!, I have my Numeric category back in the 123 mode.

Neat, Eh?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM