Page 16 of 131 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
    RSSI value is being cropped on the bottom with battery % on.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Will be redoing ALL the 1.3 wp, shadow for calendar I've been using is square and not rounded like the calendar, looks hokey... Grrrrr
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have been playing around with the 1.3 beta a little. While all of the new features seem to be working, it is less responsive than the 1.2 version. On my 650, there is a noticable delay when opening or closing an app, or when filtering on a letter. This is with the battery meter toggled on. Anyone else notice this?

Horace- Love the work you're doing. This is the kind of launcher I've been looking for since I got my 600 almost 2 years ago. Thanks!
    yeah, I've seen noticeable delays, even in other apps from what I can tell.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Bug report for ver 1.3
    I am using 2day with it's own background/wallpaper (residing in memory). The wall papers for TL are on SD card. Tl is set as default launcher.

If I run 2day, when I get back to TL, it does not display any wallpaper, in abc or 123 mode. If I run the default Applications (menu-L) and then press the Home key to get back to TL, the wallpaper is displayed fine.

This happens if 2day is run directly (through a hard button or tapping on it), or after running another application like Chatter -> 2day -> datebk6 ->TL.

Basically, any time 2day is run, TL forgets to display the WP until Applications is run once.

This does not happen id 2day is not involved. All other applications behave well with TL.

Maybe it is because 2day is using a wallpaper of its own ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Pocket Tunes (4.0.1) seems to be skipping more than usual as well.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Just download NachoB's latest killer creation with version 1.3 Beta. The wp looks killer, and no lag/bugs to date. keep up the killer work guys.

He123321:
    Keep an eye out for a repost of that wp and the others. Shadow is square and it should be rounded, redoing all the 1.3 ones. DOH!!
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/26/2006 at 03:21 PM.
    Will do NachoB.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    this thread has me switching from LX to TreoLauncher. I guess it is doing exactly what is intended. Thanks.........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Just updated my G-Men wp, and thanks again NachoB.

Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    Just updated my G-Men wp, and thanks again NachoB.
    Good deal. Anytime.
    Feature suggestion for 123 mode:

I tend to use 123 mode most of the time, with "Default OP+ on .." disabled. That way I have the best of both worlds.. launching application by the numeric keys or by typing the letters in the name.

However, I am stymied by the fact that I have my top 12 applications in a category (called Numeric) for display in the 123 mode. These are the 12 applications assigned to (1..9, *, 0, #). I cannot put more than 12 in this category because then those less-used applications will show up alphabetically and mess up my numeric key assignments.

How about this: In the 123 mode, assign numeric keys as you are currently doing (no change). However, when I type the letters in the names, select/filter from ALL applications.

This will be best of both worlds.. numeric launches for the top 12 applications, alphabet search in all applications.

Am I making any sense here?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I have been running TL today vs 1.2 and am having issues with some java apps showing in any category. Sometimes gmail will show, sometimes it is google maps. One constant is TV2Nite by gfunkster. It does not show in any category. I can launch it with a different launcher(IE:LX) and it will show as a blank icon on the bottom bar when I re-launch TL and I am able to launch it from the bottom bar. I realize that most java apps only have the blue box icon, but TV2Nite is a prc file that uses java. I am including a screen capture below. You will see a blank spot on the middle right of the bar and next to filez. Can anyone give me any idea how to remedy this. Oh, btw it happens in both 123 and abc mode.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...eolauncher.jpg

Thanks,
    Last edited by theecigarman; 12/26/2006 at 11:42 PM.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by teb5 View Post
    I have been playing around with the 1.3 beta a little. While all of the new features seem to be working, it is less responsive than the 1.2 version. On my 650, there is a noticable delay when opening or closing an app, or when filtering on a letter. This is with the battery meter toggled on. Anyone else notice this?

Horace- Love the work you're doing. This is the kind of launcher I've been looking for since I got my 600 almost 2 years ago. Thanks!
    When I try to support in-memory jpeg wallpaper in version 1.3, I switched to the Palm built-in Photo library, which is _very_ slow.

In 1.3 beta 3 (hope that there is still bandwidth for me to upload it), the in-memory jpeg will be loaded by PalmPhoto lib, and the on-card jpeg will be loaded by pnoJpegLib. You may notice jpeg on card is fast than jpeg in memory. So don't throw away the pnoJpegLib.prc yet... ;-)

I am afraid the net is too slow for me to answer others' posts. Sorry for that. I will catch up after the net speed resumes.

Thank you!

(I am crossing my fingers and going to hit the "submit reply" button now)
    1.3 beta 3

Added: Support jpeg images in main memory
    Added: Option to show battery %
    Added: One wallpaper for each mode
    Added: Option to soft reset device
    Fixed: Missing icon after starting some applications (e.g. Adarian Money)

Compare with 1.3 beta 2, the speed of loading wallpaper should be similar to 1.2 if the wallpaper is on card, when pnoJpegLib.prc is installed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The shortcuts created by Linkstart do come back in 1.3b3. But the icon/shortcut names are not correct. Linkstart shortcuts have a * at the end of their names, placed there by Linkstart.

In one case, Sudoku* came back (after running and quitting Sudoku*) as Sudoku (no *).

Bejewelled2* came back (after running it and quitting it) as blank (no name!!). The icon was there, though.

Running Applications and getting back into TL fixes the display.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    1.3b3 doesn't have battery strength readout
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Well that fixed the slowness issue within Launcher and when navigating to other apps.. Not sure about it's effect on Pocket Tunes yet, I'm at work and can't play it at the moment.

Thank ya so much for this update. I was seriously considering going back to 1.2 to avoid the delays. And that in itself posed another problem with how I was going to produce wallpapers (to conform to 1.2 or 1.3)
    Don't have to worry about that now.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/27/2006 at 09:36 AM.