Page 15 of 131 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
    Sounds like you have your work cut out for ya. no reason to go to this beta as it has the same look and just messes up the wallpapers
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You're on a 650 right? If you installed pnoJpegLib maybe try uninstalling that. Horace said the 650 didn't need this installed.
    pnoJpegLib is needed on the Treo 650. If it is deleted, 2day weather map doesn't work.

2day has wallpapers all the way to the top. I don't know how Shimon is drawing his icons...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Sounds like you have your work cut out for ya. no reason to go to this beta as it has the same look and just messes up the wallpapers
    I agree. I went back to 1.2
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Have 35mb still available in RAM, so increase away, haha. Not really sure why only 35mb, don't think I have that much extra installed in RAM. I'll have to investigate this..
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    i cant get the calender to show up even after checking it in the pref, any ideas?
    Treoing & Loving it
    I'm not touching any new version that is going to mess with NachoB's wp. His wp kept me away from the Sanyo M1.

Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    i cant get the calender to show up even after checking it in the pref, any ideas?
    Once in launcher, press spacebar to switch between 123, abc mode.. you need to be in 123 mode to see calendar.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/25/2006 at 07:50 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I just got an idea. Any ay to make the calendar area programmable?

Give the user more options as to what to display in the box, also the ability for the box to be longer. You could have selected alerts show below the calendar,or instead of it...
    You can tap on the calendar to see some variations of it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    True... ha.

So, when 1.3 is out, I will gather all NachoB's great wallpaper and store in a central location. Then I will create a version 1.3 set of the wallpaper, by cutting 30-pixel from the bottom of the original jpeg...
    Once in launcher, press spacebar to switch between 123, abc mode.. you need to be in 123 mode to see calendar.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    True... ha.

So, when 1.3 is out, I will gather all NachoB's great wallpaper and store in a central location. Then I will create a version 1.3 set of the wallpaper, by cutting 30-pixel from the bottom of the original jpeg...
    I don't mind fixing the wallpapers, just waiting for a working 1.3 (visually speaking)
    For those wanting to run 1.3 early beta, here's 1 wallpaper to get ya started till I can get around to converting the rest. They may not all come out looking the exact same as some aspects I didn't save for each wallpaper (like the recent app graphic, I would find something I liked for the current wallpaper I was working on, save it as a jpg, then I would use the same layer and just change it to meet the needs of the next wallpaper, but I'll try to get them pretty much the same).
    Enough of my chattering, here's a 1.3 converted wallpaper.

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/543764.jpg
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/26/2006 at 06:44 PM. Reason: updated shadow (made rounder)
    Images deleted, am reposting with fixed shadow
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/26/2006 at 06:46 PM.
    Not sure if this is because 1.3 is an alpha release, but I can no longer manually type in a wallpaper name, I have to navigate to it.
    Not sure if this is because 1.3 is an alpha release, but I can no longer manually type in a wallpaper name, I have to navigate to it.
    Yes, as users reported that manually entering a filename is kind of useless (pathname too long to fit in screen), I am hiding the field in version 1.3.
    Deleted images, am reposting with shadow fixed.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/26/2006 at 06:47 PM.
    For those wanting to run 1.3 early beta, here's 1 wallpaper to get ya started till I can get around to converting the rest. They may not all come out looking the exact same as some aspects I didn't save for each wallpaper (like the recent app graphic, I would find something I liked for the current wallpaper I was working on, save it as a jpg, then I would use the same layer and just change it to meet the needs of the next wallpaper, but I'll try to get them pretty much the same).
    Enough of my chattering, here's a 1.3 converted wallpaper.
    NachoB, thanks so much for the wallpaper conversion work!
    Thanks NachoB, you are a good man.

But, if I may ask.. If 1.3 will still have a white top bar, then why bother making any changes (from 1.2) to the wallpaper handling? Isn't it better to wait and see if Horace is able to fix the icon transparency and extend the wallpaper all the way to the top?

In fact, I think there is a case to be made that we should live with wallpapers like 1.2 for the sake of small, simple, fast, tight application size. Maybe focus on other aspects instead.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    1.3 beta 2

Added: Support jpeg images in main memory
    Added: Option to show battery %
    Added: One wallpaper for each mode
    Added: Option to soft reset device

Note: this is beta software, please use with caution.
    Attached Files Attached Files