Page 14 of 131 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    RTFM

Taken from the Treo 650 User Guide, page 40, from Cingular.

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542220.jpg
    My hat.. my hat.. anyone seen my hat?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    My hat.. my hat.. anyone seen my hat?
    haha
    http://www.splashblog.com/nachob700p/516464.jpg

I see all of the wp requests overloaded your Treo NachoB. I know that cracked feeling to well.

Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    I see all of the wp requests overloaded your Treo NachoB. I know that cracked feeling to well.
    Yeah, it didn't like bouncing around the van too much. I didn't care for it too much myself for that matter.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/24/2006 at 04:21 PM.
    Hard decision here ....

In the upcoming version 1.3, I am going to support in-memory Jpeg (now only support Jpeg wallpaper on card).

One problem, that will break all the great wallpaper made by NachoB ...

The details:

- In current version (up to 1.2), 320 x 320 wallpaper is drawn 30 pixel from top of screen, i.e. only 320(w) x 290(h) is shown. The bottom is skipped.

- In 1.3, wallpaper will be drawn directly from top. So it will break NachoB's wallpaper... (bad, bad, bad, I know)

Your opinion (and option):

1. I will change all NachoB's wallpaper from 320 x 290 and add 30 pixel offset to the wallpaper if the program detect it is 290 height.

2. NachoB to update all the wallpaper (very bad, I know, especially if NachoB did have the original PhotoShop source file)

All this is caused by an early design mistake (I hardcoded all wallpaper drawing 15-pixel [30-pixel when hi-res] from top). Not until I rewrite the wallpaper drawing code and test with NahcoB's wallpaper and have this problem revealed...

Please let me know what do you think ...
    We must have good-looking wallpapers. As such, Nachob's wallpapers CANNOT be broken.

So, depending on what NachoB agrees to do, you should do 1 if he is reluctant to change his wall-papers. Personally, I hope NachoB agrees to modify his wallpapers, as I like wallpapers that cover the entire screen. But I am used to the current look-and-feel as well.

In the interim, at the cost of bigger application size, how about adding an option to a) draw wallpaper 30 pix below top or b) draw wallpaper on whole screen ?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Ya lost me on this one. From what I can tell, wallpapers are being drawn directly from the top and just the bottom portion is being cut off. Are you saying the current pixel cutoff at the bottom is 30 and in 1.3 it will change to 15, adding 15 more pixels viewable at the bottom (going from 320x290 to 320x305)? So some things, like the logo's and the recent app outline would need to be shifted down?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    So some things, like the logo's and the recent app outline would need to be shifted down?
    That's how I interpret Horace. The calendar shadow will have to be shifted as well.

Best would be for horace to e-mail you the latest version he is working on so that you could see it yourself.

I could live with the top 30 pixels being clear (like it is now), although I prefer the background to cover the entire screen (which will require you to shift the graphics).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Yeah, something I would have to see. My interpretation is that only the recent app outline and logo would have to be shifted down. Since it will still be drawing directly from the top, and as long as the size and location of the calendar doesn't change, the calendar shadow will still be in the right place.
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    - In current version (up to 1.2), 320 x 320 wallpaper is drawn 30 pixel from top of screen, i.e. only 320(w) x 290(h) is shown. The bottom is skipped.

- In 1.3, wallpaper will be drawn directly from top. So it will break NachoB's wallpaper... (bad, bad, bad, I know)
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "directly from top". Are you meaning from the top of the wallpaper or from the top of the screen on the Treo (will no longer have the tabbed look with the white space)?

Crude interpretation of directly from top of Treo screen:

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542756.jpg
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/25/2006 at 10:04 AM.
    For what it is worth I would prefer the "from the top of the screen" option, I like the wallpaper to cover the whole screen and would like to lose the white top.
    Indicator showing whether you are in abc or 123 mode. Easily done with graphics program, not sure how difficult it would be for Horace at a programming level. Only reason I even played with this is that the calendar being visible is not necessarily an indication that I'm in 123 mode. Through preferences, I can disable OP+ while in 123 mode therefore actually placing me in abc mode with the 123 look.

Anyway, look directly under the RSSI value between the Signal strength and battery icons.

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542765.jpg http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542766.jpg
    Aw heck, since I'm throwing icons in the mix lets just put two more up there for email and SMS incoming. haha..
    I know this can't be done due to the category drop down and long category names, I'm just playing around now.

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542774.jpg

Or how about this? ya'd just have keep rows at 3

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542780.jpg
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/25/2006 at 10:49 AM.
    When it comes to numeric display, I prefer battery strength rather than signal strength. After all, there is nothing I can do about the signal at my location, but knowing how fast the battery is getting drained (because of streaming etc) may make me plug it in or prepare to change batteries in advance.

So, I like your two numbers near the antenna logo, but I'd rather have the 2nd number be the battery strength.

PS: You had me do a double take. For a moment I thought that you had an advanced version from horace!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    When it comes to numeric display, I prefer battery strength rather than signal strength. After all, there is nothing I can do about the signal at my location, but knowing how fast the battery is getting drained (because of streaming etc) may make me plug it in or prepare to change batteries in advance.
    I would have to agree with this statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodiumlake View Post
    For what it is worth I would prefer the "from the top of the screen" option, I like the wallpaper to cover the whole screen and would like to lose the white top.
    This is planned but currently not implemented, due to the system category list, battery and signal indicators are not very transparency-friendly.

Aw heck, since I'm throwing icons in the mix lets just put two more up there for email and SMS incoming. haha..
    I know this can't be done due to the category drop down and long category names, I'm just playing around now.

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542774.jpg

Or how about this? ya'd just have keep rows at 3

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542780.jpg
    NachoB, one picture worths a thousand words

Attached please find (a very early beta of) 1.3 which mainly added support of in-ram jpegs but breaks pnoJpegLib (no need to install pnoJpegLib for 1.3), i.e. this early 1.3 beta is probably only good for Treo 650, 680 or 750p (which come with their own image photo lib and no pnoJpegLib is required).

The reason for changing "drawing from top 30-pixel (the header) of screen" to "drawing from top of screen" is clearly illustrated by NachoB's images, i.e. for future full-screen background jpeg.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Indicator showing whether you are in abc or 123 mode. Easily done with graphics program, not sure how difficult it would be for Horace at a programming level. Only reason I even played with this is that the calendar being visible is not necessarily an indication that I'm in 123 mode. Through preferences, I can disable OP+ while in 123 mode therefore actually placing me in abc mode with the 123 look.

Anyway, look directly under the RSSI value between the Signal strength and battery icons.

http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542765.jpg http://www.splashblog.com/NachoB700P/preview/542766.jpg
    I still insist "the calendar" itself is the indicator for [123] mode

[abc] mode in [123] mode is kind of confused, I admit. No wonder once I thought I should name them as "Mode A" and "Mode B" ...

So, I like your two numbers near the antenna logo, but I'd rather have the 2nd number be the battery strength.

PS: You had me do a double take. For a moment I thought that you had an advanced version from horace!!
    And most likely I will "steal" NachoB's design to put the battery strength digits below the signal indicator.
    As expected, with ver 1.3, NachoB's background needs to be shifted (by 30 pixels). See attached image.

Why is the top bar still white? I'm confused about how you are placing his 320 x 320 bitmap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    You're on a 650 right? If you installed pnoJpegLib maybe try uninstalling that. Horace said the 650 didn't need this installed.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Why is the top bar still white? I'm confused about how you are placing his 320 x 320 bitmap.
    Drawing sequence:

- The 320 x 320 wallpaper is drawn, covering the whole screen
    - The header/title (time, category, signal indicator, etc.) overwrites the top 30-pixel
    - The icons and icon names are drawn
    - The MRU (most recent used) icons are drawn
    - The calendar is drawn

The header (top 30-pixel) is still white, as explained in previous message, because the system category, battery and signal icons are not transparent-friendly.

If I cannot find an easy way to make them drawn transparently, probably I will draw them manually (of course that will increase program size...) in later versions.